Stand Alone and/or Traction Control Options

myMUSICveins

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anders
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I’ve been thinking about a procharger for my 18 GT350 but realized I’m going to probably need some good traction control options.

It seems Cobb only makes products for the factory forced induction vehicles.

Back in the day Racelogic was a company that made a good product where you can dial in slip % but it seems they are no longer operational

I wouldn’t even mind spending more on a good stand alone that had traction control built in and be able to have flex tune and other options but I could only find FatFab offering Motec IF you are buying a twin turbo setup through them

Can’t really find anyone using the AEM infinity setup on a GT350 or of its even an option at all or how good it is or isn’t

Is it really this hard to find options?

Thanks
Sponsored

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
Apparently. What's wrong with the standard traction control? Even with it on its very generous and it can be turned completely off.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
The existing traction controls are not calibrated for boost or have any control over the supercharger. It would probably get confused pretty quick with all the extra power.

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
I think you are way overthinking this. Standard Mustangs are supercharged all the time by Roush, FRP, and Shelby America and have no problems with it. TTBOMK, traction controls don't control the supercharger anyway, just the throttle input and stuff like that.

OP
OP

myMUSICveins

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anders
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Thanks for the reply guys. The factory traction control can be pretty aggressive with the way it cuts power.

Nobody knows of any standalone ECUs people are running like the AEM infinity for example?

Sponsored

NTB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 Fathouse Twin Turbo, 21' GT500
Thanks for the reply guys. The factory traction control can be pretty aggressive with the way it cuts power.

Nobody knows of any standalone ECUs people are running like the AEM infinity for example?
Motec

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I'll make some general comments here since I'm running a pro charged R in hopes that it will help or at least provoke some more conversation.

First, traction is an issue with any high hp car. in Normal/Sport the OEM traction control systems do pretty well with slip and timing retard to help provided you didn't just shove your foot through the floor. if you're driving it to try and avoid wheelspin/maximize traction then you can manage it easily. Keep in mind, the car will will spin at 100 MPH in 3rd gear, with hot tires if you're not managing it. My traction control engages all the time in 3rd and even 4th at higher speed/high RPM. In track mode, its not quite off but the car no longer retards the timing or slips like it normal would. wheel spin will happen big time if not careful.

Second, wheel hop becomes a SERIOUS issue (I know this falls under traction issues but I want to call it out seperately). I'm using the Steeda braces and they make a big diff on rigidity and keeping the wheel hop down. They also increase NVH...

Third, Body Control Module for the active suspension. I went to a DCS suspension controller and was seriously impressed with how much difference it made in terms of traction. For example, under heavy load when the rear end begins to squat below 1mm, the dampeners open in the rear to allow for maximum traction. In general, the cars handling was much improved especially on rougher back/country roads which is where my runs and thrives. Im in an extremely rural area and spend my time social distanced the proper way;) Factory suspension was just too stiff and designed for a smooth track... tight suspension + rigidity + power = wheel hop/spin. DCS is a fabulous company and top notch kit for these cars. Additionally, Ford knew this was an issue thats why they revamped the controller in 2019+ cars.

Fourth, TIRES. Cup2's just couldn't do it. I loved them while NA but they were blown out even under lite throttle with the pro charger. Toyo R88R's 325& 315's made all the difference. They also increase NVH big time.

just my experience. Hope it helps you:)

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Motec is a seriously good option but I thought it only worked effectively on Turbo/wastegate setups? I'm not sure but I know its pricey!

Manny231988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 2013 GT500
I’ll be running MoTec on my 2013 Gt500 I’m running a Kenne Bell 4.7 with a Tail wastegate modification So it will control boost like a turbo, motec is very expensive I’m at like 20k with hardware and customs harnesses and modifications to my blower and lower manifold, good thing is I will have made a custome plug And play harness for my gt350 and I can move the ecu over from gt500 to gt350 as it can control up to 4 different cars, all you do is plug it in and go
Sponsored