Sponsored

Track Attack

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Don t forget their season does end. Not sure about what month that is but they ll tell you if you ask. Enjoy all!!
Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
So I was dead set on going to this thing, but as the time frame I was considering approaches (late Oct/early Nov), laziness and cost is starting to deter me, and I'm slowly talking myself out of it. Anyone want to try to talk me back in?

Between plane tickets, hotel stays, rental car, food, I'm probably looking at a minimum of ~$750 (likely more like ~$1K) for myself and my wife. Plus the $180 for the "non-driving guest experience". Not to mention the time off work since the events are only on weekdays.

We have two great local tracks here in the Dallas area that I can (and do) drive for one-day (Saturday) events at HPDEs for less cost, with greater freedom. And that cost includes the cost of the wear, tear, and gas from using my own vehicle.

Is the Ford Performance school really worth it considering? Is the experience unique enough from your typical HPDE? Aside from the fact that the whole experience is probably a bit better organized and there may be some unique instruction, it sounds like the event is actually more limited than my typical local HPDE.
Considering I flew twice to Utah, yes it was worth it! I did have frequent flyer mileage which helped on cost. I was very impressed with track in Utah.

rabbitweasel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1, Mischievous Purple, Tremec, non-HP
Got signed up for the Oct 24-25 slot a few days ago. Will be going with my dad who really wants to go and said he would gladly pay the guest driver fee. His family had a 69 Mach1 428 Cobra Jet growing up so the event certainly will have sentimental value to him. Planning on driving there as it's only 4 hours from Atlanta.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I finished the 2 day class this afternoon. What an amazing time, the whole experience was great. The instructors know the track and the cars.

We had a gentlemen in our group who was 85,on his 12th class, he was unstoppable and the fastest on the track. If you can do the second day, it is money well spent.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I finished the 2 day class this afternoon. What an amazing time, the whole experience was great. The instructors know the track and the cars.

We had a gentlemen in our group who was 85,on his 12th class, he was unstoppable and the fastest on the track. If you can do the second day, it is money well spent.
Awesome!!! I will be there from 11/10/22 - 11/11/22. Did you use their in-car cameras? As far as the drag mode did you practice on the drag strip?

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Awesome!!! I will be there from 11/10/22 - 11/11/22. Did you use their in-car cameras? As far as the drag mode did you practice on the drag strip?
Good deal. Yes, I used the in car cameras. Unfortunately I have not looked at them yet. Launch control was the only thing related to drag that we did. All driving was done in track mode.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Good deal. Yes, I used the in car cameras. Unfortunately I have not looked at them yet. Launch control was the only thing related to drag that we did. All driving was done in track mode.
[/QUOTE

I was just curious if they were able to use the drag strip since it right down the street. It would have been awesome to use to no lift shift.

Glad you were able to experience the way the car was meant to be driven! I can't wait!:like:

Last edited:

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
You do get to use the no lift shift and auto rev match. It was some drag racing type of training. Just not on an actual drag strip. Yes, Z Max would have been fun.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1

I knew I would regret not doing second day )= glad you enjoyed it.

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
For those who have attended, do you get to push the M1 to it's limits? If so, were you surprised at the actual limits? asking since none of us can actually get these cars to their limits on the street.

Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
You do get to use the no lift shift and auto rev match. It was some drag racing type of training. Just not on an actual drag strip. Yes, Z Max would have been fun.
Yeah, there only so much time in the day. At least they cover the basics and practicing on there cars really gives u some time to really figure out how it should be used before trying it on your on your car....lol...if you know what I mean.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, there only so much time in the day. At least they cover the basics and practicing on there cars really gives u some time to really figure out how it should be used before trying it on your on your car....lol...if you know what I mean.
The ride along with the instructors will really show the full potential of the car. You should have fun and come out with some good knowledge.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
For those who have attended, do you get to push the M1 to it's limits? If so, were you surprised at the actual limits? asking since none of us can actually get these cars to their limits on the street.
We thought we did until the instructors gave us a hot lap. The Mach 1 is a beast, pure and simple.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
Super excited to see next year's dates for the M1TA. My wife, who drives a plain white 4-banger SUV and never has driven a stick in her life, has agreed to come. Watch her go out there and kick my ass and I've had quite a bit of HPDE experience. 😂 She'll also be coming to the Raptor Assault whenever that thing gets built and arrives.
Sponsored