Sponsored

Aless_andro00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang
Adding the wing is a great idea! It will make your car look even cooler and could help it drive better, especially when you're going fast. Since your car was originally made without a spoiler but you really like how the spoiler looks, putting one on will make your car more unique and special to you.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
As I’ve said on here before my car is a custom order spoiler delete PP1. I sort of like that it’s low key but I also love the look of the spoiler. I bought an OEM spoiler, going to the dealer next week to have them look at the trans. Should I have them put it on? I’m torn.

IMG_5320.png
Personally I don't care for the factory spoiler and I agree with you about the sleek look. However I have a spoiler on mine and it still has the right look.
Screenshot_20230208_115503_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Dealership got a Mach 1 in at a great price. Called to see if I was interested in trading up even though I just got this car. Maybe I’ll be able to move into a Mach 1 with a spoiler and won’t even have to go through the trouble.

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Definitely wing it. My car came wing free, not even the lip. I was debating for a while since it did look nice .. but then my inner evil prevailed and I had the wing installed (Steeda did it).

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Dealership got a Mach 1 in at a great price. Called to see if I was interested in trading up even though I just got this car. Maybe I’ll be able to move into a Mach 1 with a spoiler and won’t even have to go through the trouble.
If it's a manual and if you plan on doing some track time (and if the price is right), I'd definitely do it.

If you post a few pictures here, we'll be able to tell you whether it has a "real" Handling Package or not (if that is something you are considering). Just don't want the dealership to pull a fast one on you, claiming it has the HP, just because the previous owner(s) added the HP spoiler, which is a common mod people with the non-HP version do.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Kinda like when my wife wanted a couple shelves on either side of our fireplace. Turned into shelves, cabinets and all new floors on the entire first floor because the original floors didn’t look right with the cabinets LOL (not to mention new curtains and everything repainted).

Spoiler? Eh, might as well just get a Mach 1 instead 🤭. Jokes aside, can’t go wrong either way. The Mach’s are pretty awesome.

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Kinda like when my wife wanted a couple shelves on either side of our fireplace. Turned into shelves, cabinets and all new floors on the entire first floor because the original floors didn’t look right with the cabinets LOL (not to mention new curtains and everything repainted).

Spoiler? Eh, might as well just get a Mach 1 instead 🤭. Jokes aside, can’t go wrong either way. The Mach’s are pretty awesome.
Yeah haha, might be getting ahead of myself but if it’s a good enough deal why not. Otherwise I’ll stick with my PP1 and just toss the spoiler on, which i am nowhere near the limit of anyways with my skill level

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah haha, might be getting ahead of myself but if it’s a good enough deal why not. Otherwise I’ll stick with my PP1 and just toss the spoiler on, which i am nowhere near the limit of anyways with my skill level
If it’s a good deal and you can swing it, I’d consider it for sure. I’ve toyed with the idea myself but I just really like my car too much to give it up right now.

Sponsored

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been wrestling with the same decision. I have a 15 PP1 that came with spoiler delete.
I’ve actual bought the spoiler but can’t seem to pull the trigger to install it because of the thoughts of drilling holes and the fact that they are unique without the spoiler.
I am pretty sure I am not going to put it on.
IMG_0509.jpeg

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
The solution, if you want your cake and and eat it too, is simple if a tad bit expensive.

Just buy a used deck lid in your color and mount whatever spoiler you want and swap it with your no holes one. Then you can have the wing look without violating the virgin deck lid.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I think mustangs (or any performance cars) look really weird without a spoiler. Performance cars require downforce.
Unlike the PP2 and GT350 spoilers, the PP1 spoiler is aerodynamically neutral. Ford spent a lot of time making sure it had no effect on the rear end of the car beyond appearance.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Unlike the PP2 and GT350 spoilers, the PP1 spoiler is aerodynamically neutral. Ford spent a lot of time making sure it had no effect on the rear end of the car beyond appearance.
Because Fords concern is mileage, not downforce.
In order to get the most of the performance this car offers, it requires downforce.
Sponsored