Sponsored

Tire question

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
One of the guys at lethal runs 275/305 with no issues.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
There are a whole lot of car maufactors who don't follow that logic.....Corvette, Porsche, Lambo, Camaro, Mustang and many more.

By that it means to evaluate a given manufacturer's production sizes identifying tire section width, aspect ratio and wheel diameter... for any given tire application I'm considering just one of the things I do is to know the ranges of sizes available if I am going to use staggered sizes on any vehicle I run. I might in this example run a 315/30ZR19 on the rear and a 305/30ZR19 fronts...this example in the Michelin Pilot 4S is one size differential.

Many times you'll find limitations in consecutive sizing ranges and It's because of OEM manufactured reasons and/or supply and demand for certain types of tires.

So it's all about minimizing the variance in tire dimensions between front and rear tires assuming the same product set of a given manufacturer's. This reduces problems with overall handling problems and keeps the overall tire dimensions within a range that doesn't compromise safety.

A good exception in tire size differential is what you see on a top fuel dragster. But then that's an entirely different application of course!

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
By that it means to evaluate a given manufacturer's production sizes identifying tire section width, aspect ratio and wheel diameter... for any given tire application I'm considering just one of the things I do is to know the ranges of sizes available if I am going to use staggered sizes on any vehicle I run. I might in this example run a 315/30ZR19 on the rear and a 305/30ZR19 fronts...this example in the Michelin Pilot 4S is one size differential.

Many times you'll find limitations in consecutive sizing ranges and It's because of OEM manufactured reasons and/or supply and demand for certain types of tires.

So it's all about minimizing the variance in tire dimensions between front and rear tires assuming the same product set of a given manufacturer's. This reduces problems with overall handling problems and keeps the overall tire dimensions within a range that doesn't compromise safety.

A good exception in tire size differential is what you see on a top fuel dragster. But then that's an entirely different application of course! I prefer
I run Michelin PS4S 315/30/20 on a 20x11 wheel on the rear and Michelin PS4S 275/35/20 on a 20x9 wheel on the front. The sidewalls are very square on both and overall diameters are nearly identical at 27.6" and 27.5". All things being equal, I prefer a square setup, but wanted to take advantage of the extra space out back. I just had never heard that one size difference between front and rear was preferred.

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
M3incorp - -

Now that you point out this fact there's no question that particular to the use of low profile series tires in the 20" and higher wheel sizes you are certainly correct. Thanks for enlightening me. Manufacturers have almost no limits in dialing in performance.

SOMDS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem PP1|MT6|MR, '17 Lexus IS300 f-Sport, '08 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I run 315/30/20 on 20x11 P6GR TENs on rear. And 285/35/20 on 20x10 up front. Wrapped in MPS4S-ZP for summer. I have another same wheel setup except MPS4AS-ZP for winter setup. Car is lowered 1” all around on magnaride. No issues.

Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
On top of the choice of the tire...which i won't comment..
Are u putting a 305 on what rim?

tjwreds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
I installed a Roush Phase 2 supercharger in November and when the weather gets better I'm going to run Nitto 555r2 305/35 /19 tires on the rear. My car is a PP and my question is should I run the 245's on the front or the 275's?I'm more interested in function over looks. Does either way make a difference? Thanks in advance for your help.
If you're going fast enough to need 305s in the back, you may eventually want to stop. 275s for the front would be a better idea than 245s for stopping.
Sponsored