Sponsored

Tips on stripe removal?

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I have a 2019gt with the black center stripe, any tips on removing it? I heard a lot of adhesive will be left behind.
Sponsored

exxit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 RaceRed GT 10r80
I have a 2019gt with the black center stripe, any tips on removing it? I heard a lot of adhesive will be left behind.
Did you ever go through with it?

Or anyone else every been successful! I want that damn green but I hate the stripe :/

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
A steamer or heat gun will be a good thing to have, but boiling water soaked towels will also work. AMMO covers it in this video -

(From about the 2min mark)

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I’ve removed some and a hair dryer worked just fine. Even sitting it out in the sun before pulling them will help. You’ll still get some glue residue but not as much as pulling them cold.

Sponsored

exxit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 RaceRed GT 10r80
Thanks for the extra insight!

What did this guy do wrong? 🤔

exxit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 RaceRed GT 10r80
nvm, the need for green car I saw today might as well have had 50k miles with only 12k on the clock. Out the door the dealer wanted near MSRP+Tax price for the car out the door with ruined PP1 wheels (almost all 3 had damage of some kind), a missing speaker cap, burnt clearcoat (or rattle can touch up) on the door, cracked and torn rear diffuser, peeling stripe under the wing, paint looked like it was washed with thick brown paper towels... Dried wax slapped all over so it looked like someone did at least a single stage to try and get rid of the swirls everywhere.

Just a nightmare. I can't find any other PP1 manual need for greens within 500 miles so that ends that search in its tracks.
Sponsored