Tick or no tick

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Sounds like my wife, just last weekend we were driving in her car and she asked "what's that noise I'm hearing?" I'm like that's been there for 2 or 3 years! Her radio never gets turned off. Her air con fan rubs a bit and she never heard it before. And guess what she asked next? "Should I turn the radio back on?" Haha
Yep. Car manufacture certain non essential systems to turn off at a certain battery level to provide as much Voltage/current available for keeping the car running. I found this out 11 years ago while driving my family to dinner the radio just stopped playing, I thought that's weird, then the AC And fan Stoped working, and then a Light Bulb lit up in my brain and said, Pull Car over now. I did and just as I pulled over the engine stoped. No red Battery light, no warnings. It was the battery not the alternator that went bad, all dead cells. So my family knew from that point forward, shit just doesn't happen for no reason.
Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Sounds like my wife, just last weekend we were driving in her car and she asked "what's that noise I'm hearing?" I'm like that's been there for 2 or 3 years! Her radio never gets turned off. Her air con fan rubs a bit and she never heard it before. And guess what she asked next? "Should I turn the radio back on?" Haha
This is why wives are generally not advisable :-) girlfriends are much better haha

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
rattles only bother me when people outside the car hear them...

OP
OP
dx2

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Looks like it is normal, just read it in this thread about the Tsb 20-2023
Good, since that issue is off the table, it's time to make plans to boost the engine.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
The Tick rules...
Sponsored