MulhollandMonster

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Sorry to hear that man. I run my engine hard anytime I feel like it, which is often. Probably have redline this car more in a month than my entire history of driving. If it blows, I want it to happen during my 8yr warranty :D
Precisely. I got 75,000/5yr...I'll flog it the whole time...I'm going to move near Thunderhill just to master it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MulhollandMonster

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Word to the wise: Don't waste time getting tow hooks. I thought I'd have time before my first track event, so threw the dice. Paid the price.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Just echoing all thatā€™s been said before, shitty situation all around. Good youā€™re ok though.

Does your ā€˜Thanksā€™ to this post confirm itā€™s a 2017?

OP
OP
MulhollandMonster

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Just echoing all thatā€™s been said before, shitty situation all around. Good youā€™re ok though.

Does your ā€˜Thanksā€™ to this post confirm itā€™s a 2017?
I am a man of equitable words. Yes.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
OP
OP
MulhollandMonster

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So were you at the track when this happened or on the street I am confused since you posted in the thread on 2/25/15?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92789

Regardless sorry this happened to you and your engine!
COTA...Mentioned it in the prologue.

You see, I am one of those rare members that use the search feature before posting redundant posts. That was the closest I found to addressing theoretical issues with the engine, the oil pump, or other leading causes of catastrophic failure that seemed to parallel my dilemma.

Once I got word of the failure, I searched again. I found no posts focused on main bearing failure. So I started one for the edification of all, and to start the clock on the record of it all.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Good luck with getting the car back up and running... losing out on 2 days worth of track days (after paying) sucks.

I have some great tracks near me, but I'd love to hit up some of the CA and TX tracks.

Keep us posted. Did they give you an ETA of turn around time? 1 month?

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
COTA...Mentioned it in the prologue.

You see, I am one of those rare members that use the search feature before posting redundant posts. That was the closest I found to addressing theoretical issues with the engine, the oil pump, or other leading causes of catastrophic failure that seemed to parallel my dilemma.

Once I got word of the failure, I searched again. I found no posts focused on main bearing failure. So I started one for the edification of all, and to start the clock on the record of it all.
Understood and again sorry to hear about this happening hope the new engine runs great!

Sponsored
OP
OP
MulhollandMonster

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Good luck with getting the car back up and running... losing out on 2 days worth of track days (after paying) sucks.

I have some great tracks near me, but I'd love to hit up some of the CA and TX tracks.

Keep us posted. Did they give you an ETA of turn around time? 1 month?
Losing those 2 days (less about the money) was the most painful thing. Fucking up my hood with incompetent track employed tow personnel was salt on the wound...I mean, FUCK!...I barely swished that track around in my mouth!

COTA is a lot to process. Although I will never move back to Cali (my homeland) due to economic and political policies, I will move to Reno where I can fly in to a few Cali track offering (Sebring/Seca/Thunderhill)...Plus, my heart is in canyons, so Reno has lots of great roads within reach for illicit displays of cornering speed.

Given it has been 2 weeks for diagnosis, and it took the dealer a month to simply repaint a poor paint job on the front fascia, I am not optimistic on downtime...I called them and made sure the hood repair would run CONCURRENT to the engine matter...I don't want them to wait for the engine swap, and then add another month for the hood work (new hood/paint/vinyl/clear bra).

OP
OP
MulhollandMonster

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Understood and again sorry to hear about this happening hope the new engine runs great!
I talked to the Service manager and made sure he realized I was very interested in not replicating this disaster. I advised him, if possible, to inquire about engine manufacture runs and to attempt to avoid that batch (or builders) if at all possible.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I talked to the Service manager and made sure he realized I was very interested in not replicating this disaster. I advised him, if possible, to inquire about engine manufacture runs and to attempt to avoid that batch (or builders) if at all possible.
May I ask who the engine builders were? Sorry to hear about the situation. You are taking it very well. Most would be crying a sob story.

OP
OP
MulhollandMonster

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
May I ask who the engine builders were? Sorry to hear about the situation. You are taking it very well. Most would be crying a sob story.
Don't have the engine in my possession, so no way of validating engine builders.

I loathe whining, even when I am doing it...:headbonk:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853