N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I also thought the Bullitt was a beautiful car and appreciate that Ford still gives us nostalgic options to enjoy and have fun with.
So you're ok with a more expensive rebadged BULLITT with a diff cooler, TR-3160 trans, which lets face it, ain't that much stronger than the MT82, no DCT option, and the same 480 horse BULLITT engine?
Sponsored

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Swing and miss. No A10 or DCT with the HP is dumb as fuck. They did it with the 50th LE, why not with this one too? I was looking forward to this car but is just a PP3... Lame as hell...

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Over all this Mach 1 is a very good car the bitch is it has no Mach 1 flavor to it. The "base" Mach1 should have a pedestal wing and magnum 500 style wheels and both cars should have a Mach1 unique hood. The base models rear bump spoiler isn't Mach1 and Bullitt wheels are disappointing. What made the Bullitt special was the name, uptick in horse power and the green paint that tided it to it's heritage this Mach 1 doesn't do any of that. Now if the front bumper is Mach1 only (and I seriously doubt it) that'll help some.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Press release says global availability. It only discusses North America timing, but does say global availability.

From the press release..... “This is one of those special Mustangs that truly brings a smile to the faces of our owners, enthusiasts and fans – including me – so there’s never been a better time to bring back Mach 1 and have it go global too.”
"Global" to Ford probably is meant to include Alaska and Hawaii. Cant find any reference anywhere to availability in rhd

HopfibreSn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1/MT82
Anyone know what they mean by " the team added two side heat exchangers – one to cool engine oil, the other transmission oil – as well as a rear axle cooling system"

Are they just referring to the engine, trans and diff coolers?

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Anyone know what they mean by " the team added two side heat exchangers – one to cool engine oil, the other transmission oil – as well as a rear axle cooling system"

Are they just referring to the engine, trans and diff coolers?
Yes

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Saying all this means you don't understand what it takes to integrate all that. There's a lot more little things they did, too. For people who like corners, this is a great car, WITH the handling pack. Without it, doesn't make sense to buy.
unknown.jpg
45gdp7.jpg
Except to someone who has been waiting 16 years for a new Mach 1 and has no intention of tracking it. :facepalm:

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
So you're ok with a more expensive rebadged BULLITT with a diff cooler, TR-3160 trans, which lets face it, ain't that much stronger than the MT82, no DCT option, and the same 480 horse BULLITT engine?
Thing is, the DCT is wildly expensive. Much easier to bury the cost in an $80k car than a $50k car. And it's heavy. That's where a lot of the GT500's extra pounds come from, so integrating the S550 suspension to do what it has to do with the additional weight will get you something very similar to…..a GT500. At similar price.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Swing and miss. No A10 or DCT with the HP is dumb as fuck. They did it with the 50th LE, why not with this one too? I was looking forward to this car but is just a PP3... Lame as hell...
Ford didn’t put the 6R80 in the PP1 and doesn’t put the 10R80 in the PP2. I’m sure there’s a reason for it. Do you really think they didn’t test the A10 in the car? Anyway the cars not coming for another 8-9 months so maybe there will be a change by then.

As far as the DCT, martinjlm just addressed that, but seriously a lot of you are griping about a price we don’t even have yet but you want a hugely costly DCT. Talk about smoking the pipe at both ends.

Alex1979

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Why do people feel the need to bash other people for liking the car? Do they think bashing it is really going to change their minds or Fords mind on it? People have different opinions stop bashing people for positive comments. Lol it’s not your money so top acting like it is. Jeeeze

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Let's see how it stacks up against the 1LE. I think Ford did a really good job with this. Not so good that I would take a hit on my current car, but a nice way to send off the S550. Look - in this day and age to have a RWD V8 Sports Coupe with a 6 speed is something to be grateful for. Bravo Ford.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Ford didn’t put the 6R80 in the PP1 and doesn’t put the 10R80 in the PP2. I’m sure there’s a reason for it. Do you really think they didn’t test the A10 in the car? Anyway the cars not coming for another 8-9 months so maybe there will be a change by then.
I guess I'd say the problem is it's a bit of a mixed message. So the Mach I with or without the HP has all the coolers, big brakes, additional coolers for the A10 over the GT/GT+PP, plus the general marketing message seems to emphasize handling. Over in the GM camp, they're adding the A10 to the SS 1LE, the ZL1 and the track focused ZL1 1LE are both available with an A10 today.

The last thing I'd add, are the folks at HPDEs who are tracking the GTs with the A10, and they're running solidly (I know a buddy of mine has definitely added some extra coolers, not sure if his tranny is stock).

I guess my point is: in an era of track positioned cars being offered with an automatic (and a joint GM / Ford designed product at that), it seems __super__ short sighted to not offer - and design to be effective on track - the A10 with the HP package.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Over in the GM camp, they're adding the A10 to the SS 1LE, the ZL1 and the track focused ZL1 1LE are both available with an A10 today.
likely because people are abusing the intent of the 1LE by persisting in taking it to a drag strip. But far more likely unit sales are miniscule because manual-trans is a dead and buried art form. The 1LE is a nice, expensive package (profitable) so by slapping the A10 on there thy probably expect to increase unit sales by 3-5x. And they probably figured out the fix for all the A10 gremlins they were having previously and so don't expect a rash of warranty claims by those taking it to 11.

Just because the A10 is available in a track-going package doesn't mean there isn't an asterisk in the track manual that says "may overheat with extended aggressive use".

Excel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT and 2015 F150
It will fizzle out like the Bullet did......Underpowered for a special edition too,60Gs+
Ill stick with a GT

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Saying all this means you don't understand what it takes to integrate all that. There's a lot more little things they did, too. For people who like corners, this is a great car, WITH the handling pack. Without it, doesn't make sense to buy.
That's an interesting comparison - I wonder how much different GT500 rear subframe is - probably different bushings at the minimum - but it should be direct bolt on (since they've done it here) and fairly easy to do even at home... Also interesting that handling pack has stiffer rear bar but front stays the same.
Sponsored