Sponsored

This is the brand new 2021 Mustang Mach-1

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
This is one of the biggest car-enthusiast fallacies... You can't compare a brand new car to a used one. Especially when it comes to relatively expensive sports cars. Nobody is cross-shopping 3-year-old cars to brand-new-off-the-lot cars. Odds are you are/were never considering either car in your hypothetical.

Give it a couple years, and then you can compare a used Mach 1 to a used ZL1, and the Mach 1 will probably again be much cheaper.
I can compare whatever the “F” I want too Pal...

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe but it's there on the second pic as well
Still looks like the camera guy from the second pic my man. Plus, they've already announced the power numbers so there's no blower on this puppy. No functional reason to have nostrils or vents there at all.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am leaning more towards brake cooling ;)
Still looks like the camera guy from the second pic my man. Plus, they've already announced the power numbers so there's no blower on this puppy. No functional reason to have nostrils or vents there at all.

Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I like the bumper with additional cooling for the brakes, and i bet it would look much better with a different upper and lower grille. The lower grille looks too ugly iMO

Anyway, i wish the cooling items could be retrofitted on regular GTs

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I can compare whatever the “F” I want too Pal...
Lol, my bad, bruh. Wasn't tryna make you catch feelings.

I hope you're "F"ing around, and don't actually get upset that easily on the internet, but maybe I did word my post a bit too aggressively. You're right, you can compare whatever you want to, just like you can believe 1 + 2 = 4, and I can't stop you... But I'm jus sayin it's not an entirely reasonable thing to do... ;-)

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just noticed something... Mach-E GT basically has the same frontend as Mach 1.
machemach1.jpg
I dunno man... that seems like even more of a stretch than when people were comparing the S550 to the Fusion back in 2014.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
I personally love this Mach 1 announcement. Seems that it not only corrects some sins on the GT (MT-82, lack of a differential cooler etc). I had a hard time believing the reports that ford as an OEM would get 525hp from the Coyote Gen 3 (yes I know people have eclipsed this N/A).

If I were in the market I'd be really interested in a manual Mach 1 with the handling pack and the recaro's. Seems like a well balanced car that really needs nothing.

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have a feeling those round grill spots are for fog lights. They took them out where the turn signals are and they show the '69 with them. Only makes sense they can be removed for either Ford Perf or aftermarket lights. Sure, they will block some of the radiator but it would add lighting and be nostalgic.

By the was Car & Driver indicated that the base Mach 1 would start around $50,000 probably with the manual. Add almost $1-2K for the A10 I would anticipate. Not sure if that includes Guzzler tax. That would be another $1-2K.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a27127448/sequential-vs-dual-clutch-transmission/

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
For 50k I’d go for used ZL1. lol.
I paid $49K for an 18 GT350 with Recaro and electronics package with 1400 miles and the majority of the warranty left.

This will be the problem for the Mach 1. If they price it too high either the used GT350 prices will have to come up, or people will have some tough decisions.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a feeling those round grill spots are for fog lights. They took them out where the turn signals are and they show the '69 with them. Only makes sense they can be removed for either Ford Perf or aftermarket lights. Sure, they will block some of the radiator but it would add lighting and be nostalgic.

By the was Car & Driver indicated that the base Mach 1 would start around $50,000 probably with the manual. Add almost $1-2K for the A10 I would anticipate. Not sure if that includes Guzzler tax. That would be another $1-2K.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a27127448/sequential-vs-dual-clutch-transmission/
Is the guzzler tax a guarantee? From my understanding, it was only applied to a small subset of Bullitts for political/gaming-the-system sort of reasons. The official Mustang ordering webpage still lists the Bullitt with the same EPA-est MPG as the Mustang GT, and there are still some Bullitts you can buy without the guzzler tax. It's some weird ish.

In any case, even if there is a tax, it shouldn't be more than $1K (unless that can vary by state).

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I personally like the base Mach 1 better, the wheels are similar to the 03-04 mach 1 wheels, you just need to machine finish the center of the spokes to complete the look. If I had one it would be a street queen just like my current convertible. And if I did take it to a track, it would be Summit motorsports park, A NHRA sanctioned 1/4 mile strip, so I have no need for the handling pack or the super sticky SC2 tires that wear out too quickly on the street. I was hoping for more HP, but since it is going to be a global car, I understand why we are only getting 480 HP. I can't see ford spending millions to get a new engine combination certified globally for just a 2 year run, give us the bullitt engine and call it a day. If you want more HP just throw on some long tubes and bigger injectors and an E-85 tune, and now Comp cams has 6 different sets of cams for the gen 3 coyote. If done right, you could easily get 575+ flywheel N/A out the bullitt/mach 1 engine.

If I get one, it won't be until 23 after my vert is paid off, unless I decide to trade it in for a Mach 1.

Everyone else, quit complaining and griping about it, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Is the guzzler tax a guarantee? From my understanding, it was only applied to a small subset of Bullitts for political/gaming-the-system sort of reasons. The official Mustang ordering webpage still lists the Bullitt with the same EPA-est MPG as the Mustang GT, and there are still some Bullitts you can buy without the guzzler tax. It's some weird ish.

In any case, even if there is a tax, it shouldn't be more than $1K (unless that can vary by state).
I added it b/c someone here said it will be subject to the tax. From a quick search of the GT350, the Gas Guzzler tax is a federal, IRS-collected tax. Destination and guzzler tax is about $8,000 for the GT350. Destination might be similar but the tax on this car will be bit lower because it costs less. Fuel economy comparing the GT350 and Bullit are not that different Bullit: 15 / 24, GT350: 14 / 21)
Sponsored