Things you'd like to see added to this gen or in the next gen Mustang

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
As for the mode selector, I think I like the way Porsche does it with a rotary knob instead. Able to go in either direction and gets to the mode rather quickly.

I hate havig to click even if it was up and down. Still not as quick.
Sponsored

sotek2345

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2016 F-150
You too!!. I had an '86 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z!! still love that car. It was the Dodge that I took around the block.
Kind of still wish I had the car. I loved that thing. Had to get rid of it due to electrical gremlins (would randomly just turn off while driving and sometimes wouldn't restart - fun)

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I learned to drive stick by getting in a shouting match with my dad and just figuring it out
I learned by reading Road & Track, Motor Trend, Car & Driver, etc., etc......

My first car was a stick. Took to it like a fish to water.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You too!!. I had an '86 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z!! still love that car. It was the Dodge that I took around the block.
Fuckin' Gator Back tires!!!!

Remember those? They were the shit back then!!!

Sponsored

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Real men also don't have fear/anxiety. That's women's stuff. Men are either horny, hungry or angry, that's it. Three options, the rest can go screw.
Then despite having those three qualifiers, I guess since I possess the excess two, I guess I'm not real then. (turns in his non-existent man card)

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Kind of still wish I had the car. I loved that thing. Had to get rid of it due to electrical gremlins (would randomly just turn off while driving and sometimes wouldn't restart - fun)
better than mine.
use to blow head gaskets every couple of years
the A525 Getrag tranny would self destruct. They had the bearing on the output shaft ride directly on the shaft. No inner race. It would wear, get loose and wobble wrecking everything.
The clutch /tranny alignment was off causing premature wear.

And this was a test car for Dodge with a mandatory 7/70 for whoever owned it!! It use to break down with a $2,000+ repair every so often. i could never keep money in my pocket long enough to buy a newer car.

those were the days...

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I will say this cars manual transmission has always felt to me like it was designed to help new stick drivers. You can practice you dead stop take offs without using the gas. Rev match and hang to insure smoother shifts. After calibrating myself to this car, I think going back to the mini I had would show some chunky shifts lol.

I wish the car wouldn't double honk when you shut the door with the key in your pocket. Get to hear it every morning when I run back in the house after starting the car.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
To further aid a new manual driver, it also has hill assist. No need to learn to use the hand brake while engaging the clutch and depressing the gas.

Doc2020GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP 2018 Explorer. 2012 Toyota Tacoma
You’ll be fine learning the manual, I’d bet in ten minutes you’ll have the basics down. The one thing that might freak you out is starting on a hill. Just practice on a hill with no cars around.

I rode motorcycles starting at around 10 years old so I just transferred what I did with the clutch handle to my foot. You’ll be fine.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
To further aid a new manual driver, it also has hill assist. No need to learn to use the hand brake while engaging the clutch and depressing the gas.
Pfffft.....

There's no need to use the hand brake. You just gracefully slip your foot off the brake onto the gas, smooth and easy. Or heel & toe it.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Thanks for the advice everyone. I won't be considering a manual until after 2025 once I finish paying off my EcoBoost. If I'm able to test drive one from a dealership, I can only hope that the salesman I work with has extremely high patience levels. (But knowing me, it's much more likely I'll stick with an automatic when the final decision needs to be made...but at least next time I'll be looking and exploring all my wanted options beforehand.)

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Pfffft.....

There's no need to use the hand brake. You just gracefully slip your foot off the brake onto the gas, smooth and easy. Or heel & toe it.
Agree. And the hill assist tends to stick so I turned it off.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Not for me.

Cruising on the freeway, it should be right at 1500RPM at 70MPH, or around there.
With 27" tall tires, you'd need an 0.50 top gear combined with 3.31's in the axle. I have a feeling you'd want more than five liters worth of engine . . . . like maybe 7.3 .

We do more or less agree on a 7th gear being at least "nice to have available" even if we don't agree on where to put it.

Norm
Sponsored