BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Doing the PP swap and thinking of selling my 20" foundry wheels
But I like have full size spare just in case.

These are for sale local cheap but not sure the the spokes will clear the Brembo's
I know the diameter will clear.
19x8.5 Offset +42.5

49900509_10218674204310042_4698733035443453952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Unfortunately, they do not.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
That's what I was thinking too. Enough though there not as wide, the lower offset keeps them pushed out.

Just have to wonder if the spokes design will interfere.

Last edited:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Are you certain?

They are almost identical in specs to the PP fronts, no?

According to this site willtheyfit.com, if you enter in the specs of wheel, the above wheels are actually more clearance on the inside

19"x8.5" ET42.5 vs 19"x9" ET45, both with 255/40/19 tires

What you're looking at there is clearance towards the strut and fender which has to do with offset and wheel width.

What you're asking is about clearance to the caliper, which is a whole nother story. That website won't tell you anything about that. You have to worry about the barrel size and shape of the spokes to clear the calipers.

Sponsored

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
What you're looking at there is clearance towards the strut and fender which has to do with offset and wheel width.

What you're asking is about clearance to the caliper, which is a whole nother story. That website won't tell you anything about that. You have to worry about the barrel size and shape of the spokes to clear the calipers.
Yes I get that, but are the clearance to the caliper from the spokes that different on Ford Mustang OEM wheels, within the same diameter and close to the same offsets and width?

I am not saying that those wheels clear, I don't know, but I wouldn't dismiss them outright without a test fitting.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I do know from this forum that the 20" foundry wheels will clear Brembo's. Becasue the brembo's are just longer, not wider.
So I guess if these wheels clear the stock breaks, they should clear the Bembo's.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Yes I get that, but are the clearance to the caliper from the spokes that different on Ford Mustang OEM wheels, within the same diameter and close to the same offsets and width?

I am not saying that those wheels clear, I don't know, but I wouldn't dismiss them outright without a test fitting.
Yes, just because they are the same diameter and same width/offset does not mean it will clear. Another example is the GT350 brakes...there are many 19x10.5s that clear the GTPP brakes, but those wheels don't necessarily clear the GT350 brakes even though they are the same size as the OEM GT350 wheels.

And using that site you quote is purely for fender/wheel well spacing not the caliper clearance. So yes, you should be testing it physically not relying on a website, or using others as examples that have already tried. There are few OEM 15-17 S550 wheels that fit over the GTPP brakes, I believe the PP wheels obviously and the 20" Foundry wheels. The 18+ S550 has a few more options, like the PP2 and Bullitt wheels.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
So I guess if these wheels clear the stock breaks, they should clear the Bembo's.
That's not necessarily true. Base GT wheels fit over the stock brakes but don't come close to fitting over PP brakes, so that idea doesn't work.

Your best bet is to try them physically before buying if possible.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
That's not necessarily true. Base GT wheels fit over the stock brakes but don't come close to fitting over PP brakes, so that idea doesn't work.

Your best bet is to try them physically before buying if possible.
Well that's because base wheels are 18s.

I'm going to see if the guy will let me barrow one. lol

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
They absolutely do clear Brembos. I use them as my winter set up with DSW06 and have them on my car right now. If anyone wants the pic, let me know...

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Yes, just because they are the same diameter and same width/offset does not mean it will clear. Another example is the GT350 brakes...there are many 19x10.5s that clear the GTPP brakes, but those wheels don't necessarily clear the GT350 brakes even though they are the same size as the OEM GT350 wheels.

And using that site you quote is purely for fender/wheel well spacing not the caliper clearance. So yes, you should be testing it physically not relying on a website, or using others as examples that have already tried. There are few OEM 15-17 S550 wheels that fit over the GTPP brakes, I believe the PP wheels obviously and the 20" Foundry wheels. The 18+ S550 has a few more options, like the PP2 and Bullitt wheels.

GT350 stock wheels are ET30, so 13MM pushed out, so that's not a good comparison. offset plays a big role on fitment for clearing brake calipers as well. Most OEM wheels are similar in clearance of spokes to the centerline of the wheel, but offsets will either bring those spokes closer or further to the brakes.

So I get that just comparing numbers is not enough, test fitting is needed to be certain that wheel designs don't impact clearance to braking components, its a pretty safe bet that if diameter, width and offset are similar, they "should" fit. If the wheel in question happens to have a lower ET offset then the original, then your chances are increased.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
They absolutely do clear Brembos. I use them as my winter set up with DSW06 and have them on my car right now. If anyone wants the pic, let me know...
Please do, I'm also looking for an extra set of wheels and these are cheap and plentiful. Curious how close they really are.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Well, thank you man!!!