Sponsored

The whipple wait

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Its not just the automotive stuff too I have been wanting a new gpu for my pc and the PS5 and I cannot get one at retail to save my life and that's been since September
Correct again...CPU/silicon shortage is crushing everything. Too many bit coin data miners and gamers lol...the new car market is in a bad state too - which is why used prices are so high. I see people there too - complain - "that is too much - he ain't selling that car!" - forgetting about supply and demand - and that yesterdays prices don't count anymore. Today is a new day - new supply - new demand. My lease came up on my daily and I wondered if I would be delayed - and luckily was not - but it is still a three month wait. I have every modding friend I know - waiting for something. It's just what is happening - with everything - today.
Sponsored

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Correct again...CPU/silicon shortage is crushing everything. Too many bit coin data miners and gamers lol...the new car market is in a bad state too - which is why used prices are so high. I see people there too - complain - "that is too much - he ain't selling that car!" - forgetting about supply and demand - and that yesterdays prices don't count anymore. Today is a new day - new supply - new demand. My lease came up on my daily and I wondered if I would be delayed - and luckily was not - but it is still a three month wait. I have every modding friend I know - waiting for something. It's just what is happening - with everything - today.
I had half the mind to sell mine and start over with a Mach 1 used car values are so good. Then I saw what ford wants for a Mach 1 and decide otherwise lol.

Astrosnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT
Ordered mine 2 weeks ago trough beefcake and was told 16 weeks. Lots of conflicting info on here...

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ordered mine 2 weeks ago trough beefcake and was told 16 weeks. Lots of conflicting info on here...
I guess it all depends on whether they accelerate or not. I am still waiting from December.

rixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 2019 Subaru BRZ TSI
I guess it all depends on whether they accelerate or not. I am still waiting from December.
I ordered my kit about 2 weeks ago. I knew at the time that the lead time was long. What I don't understand is the total lack of feedback from Wipple. It would be nice to know where we stand in the queue. What I fear is there is a bunch of queue jumping going on where large customers get priority over us. I'm not saying that's true but without any feedback from Wipple who knows.

One other thing, where are the vendors, Lethal performance, Beefcake racing and others. They took our prepaid orders and should be contacting Wipple on a regular basis to update their customers on their order status. This is just good customer relations.

Since you have been waiting since December have you got any feedback on your order status or are you just waiting and hoping.

Good luck with getting your kit soon.

Sponsored

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I ordered my kit about 2 weeks ago. I knew at the time that the lead time was long. What I don't understand is the total lack of feedback from Wipple. It would be nice to know where we stand in the queue. What I fear is there is a bunch of queue jumping going on where large customers get priority over us. I'm not saying that's true but without any feedback from Wipple who knows.

One other thing, where are the vendors, Lethal performance, Beefcake racing and others. They took our prepaid orders and should be contacting Wipple on a regular basis to update their customers on their order status. This is just good customer relations.

Since you have been waiting since December have you got any feedback on your order status or are you just waiting and hoping.

Good luck with getting your kit soon.
I would agree it is very likely the bigger Shops who order a ton of Whipple product would get preferred treatment. I think that is fairly normal. I think it is also about the squeaky wheel. If someone lets it go for over a month - they are going to let it go because they have so many Shops and individual customers breathing down their necks. You have to stay on top of it. I believe the bigger Shops are keeping up - that is where the majority of the information is coming from being honest. I continually check in and I have been told my unit is set to ship next week. I will continue to follow-up until I have confirmation it is on its way.

LeohTheLion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Placed my order mid January and still waiting as well. Not upset at all, the product is worth the wait. Wouldn’t jump ship to another supercharger even if it meant I can get it today. Just builds the suspense for boost!

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Placed my order mid January and still waiting as well. Not upset at all, the product is worth the wait. Wouldn’t jump ship to another supercharger even if it meant I can get it today. Just builds the suspense for boost!
Having done more than a few builds - I am the same. It is and has always been a part of the game. It isn't something to get too upset about. I ordered December because I wanted to make sure I would have the time- and weather still isn't fantastic where I am anyway. There are only reasons to be happy considering the insanity that is happening in the world - so I will just keep calmly rattling the can and hopefully it will get here sooner rather than later.

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well...new update - and the delay continues. As I have said above - I fully understand there is a pandemic and there are far more critical things happening in this world. I and my Family have been blessed up until now. What I would want from Whipple is for them to treat us like calm understanding adults and just be straight with us. Tell us where we are at instead of stringing us along. It is over 20 weeks now. Being brought down once a week is not helping anyone.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Well...new update - and the delay continues. As I have said above - I fully understand there is a pandemic and there are far more critical things happening in this world. I and my Family have been blessed up until now. What I would want from Whipple is for them to treat us like calm understanding adults and just be straight with us. Tell us where we are at instead of stringing us along. It is over 20 weeks now. Being brought down once a week is not helping anyone.
Agreed! The least they could do is update the website and at least mention the long delays. There is a not insignificant amount of money floating out there with all of us waiting for our orders.

Sponsored

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Agreed! The least they could do is update the website and at least mention the long delays. There is a not insignificant amount of money floating out there with all of us waiting for our orders.
Communication - honest communication would be amazing. I am still excited about this purchase, weather is just starting to ramp up - so we have some time. It's just better to have a more realistic date set - even if it is longer than it actually ends up being - so you know when to look out for the part and subsequent work that needs to be done. I understand these delays are everywhere and these are very unusual and extreme times.

larf37

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Roush has been the same. I ordered at beginning of March and was told 4 weeks. Since then they have been stringing me along. Normally the wait wouldn’t bother me so much but I do expect honesty. Pisses a guy off to be led down the garden path when you doled out close to $10000. I had something come up in my personal life and eventually cancelled as there is still no firm end date. I was lucky to have ordered through Levittown/Benny and they were very good about the whole situation.

LeohTheLion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Man I am sorry to hear, that sucks! I was hoping you'd get yours because then that means i'd be getting mine sooner haha. Dam the not knowing how long is driving me crazy. I hate to keep asking the company where I ordered for updates when realistically I should be getting an email from whipple regarding estimated times. Im just gonna assume ill have to wait till end of June for mine.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
What was the new eta? lol My order was 11/28. I’m going to do the bqck of the car mods Ive been waiting on when my clutch shows up.

snw13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang GT prem
What estimate/timeline did Whipple give you now? It'll be 6 months for me may 24th.
Sponsored