Sponsored

The whipple wait

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That is bad. I know there are a few on or slightly before Black Friday that are still waiting - but many have their orders delivered. Have you been pushing or did you let it go?

snw13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang GT prem
That is bad. I know there are a few on or slightly before Black Friday that are still waiting - but many have their orders delivered. Have you been pushing or did you let it go?
Well only my shop can check for me, I called them at the end of March and they had no updates. They called me a week ago to tell me they were going to check with whipple but never got back to me. Either way it's not here. I won't be here much longer so I need an update soon.

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well only my shop can check for me, I called them at the end of March and they had no updates. They called me a week ago to tell me they were going to check with whipple but never got back to me. Either way it's not here. I won't be here much longer so I need an update soon.
What I have found - which isn't surprising - is that bigger Shops and those pushing like super intense never going to stop calling you energy (not negative or aggressive, just consistent) - tend to be getting their units. I think there was a guy on here who ordered early December that already has his. It's the whole squeaky wheel thing...

It sucks - but if you last checked in a month ago...urgency is going to be low.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
What I have found - which isn't surprising - is that bigger Shops and those pushing like super intense never going to stop calling you energy (not negative or aggressive, just consistent) - tend to be getting their units. I think there was a guy on here who ordered early December that already has his. It's the whole squeaky wheel thing...

It sucks - but if you last checked in a month ago...urgency is going to be low.
That’s total bullshit! I just might cancel mine.

Sponsored

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Did you pay for it in full?
That's my beef with the Whipple wait. It is a great product and a great value but there was no notice when I bought mine on BF that there was going to be a wait and they took 100% of the payment right away 15 weeks before shipping. It would have been much better if they were upfront with the wait time and took a $1000 down payment and the remainder prior to shipping.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
That's my beef with the Whipple wait. It is a great product and a great value but there was no notice when I bought mine on BF that there was going to be a wait and they took 100% of the payment right away 15 weeks before shipping. It would have been much better if they were upfront with the wait time and took a $1000 down payment and the remainder prior to shipping.
100% agree. Put down a deposit and pay the rest when it's ready to ship. Maybe they would have more motivation to improve their production process if they didn't have everyone's money up front.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Man some of youd be really pissed if you watch the midnight performance videos with the white F150. They had a whipple lock up but no big deal they had a "spare" on hand. LOL. Wonder how many theyve got access to?

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
If people refused to buy until the item was in stock I bet they would get off their ass and make sure they filled orders.

Sponsored

roomk101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage2
Ordered my kit back in August, took about 9.5 weeks to show up. I know how hard it is to wait, but trust me, it's worth every second.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
If people refused to buy until the item was in stock I bet they would get off their ass and make sure they filled orders.
Or if they told people it would be a 6 month wait they wouldn't have received so many orders.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’m betting you guys could get someone to take your spots no problem if you really want out. I can’t imagine what the covid bs supply issue’s have done to there business model. I’m a GC and to say it’s fxcked up mine is an understatement. I’m anxious as hell to, but no way am I backing out.

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’m betting you guys could get someone to take your spots no problem if you really want out. I can’t imagine what the covid bs supply issue’s have done to there business model. I’m a GC and to say it’s fxcked up mine is an understatement. I’m anxious as hell to, but no way am I backing out.
Yup...I am in - would take more time to get anything else anyway lol. We are living during a pandemic - the idea that they "should" do x, y, z isn't realistic. No one knew what would happen. And because we are living in a pandemic - there are far worse things afoot. I know most of the people on this thread have Whipples on order - I don't think all of those commenting here do though.

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Yup...I am in - would take more time to get anything else anyway lol. We are living during a pandemic - the idea that they "should" do x, y, z isn't realistic. No one knew what would happen. And because we are living in a pandemic - there are far worse things afoot. I know most of the people on this thread have Whipples on order - I don't think all of those commenting here do though.
Its not just the automotive stuff too I have been wanting a new gpu for my pc and the PS5 and I cannot get one at retail to save my life and that's been since September
Sponsored