Sponsored

The Tri bar LED / Sequential Indicator Sticky thread!

LewisL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Shadow Edition S550
Motorsport and Performance are now offering some cool headlight upgrades I had mine done in Thursday

Blacked Internals
Tri Bars
Angel Eye
Demon Eye
Clear projector lenses that can have a logo etched into them
RGBW Bluetooth controlled
20191219_160604.jpg
Sponsored

Ant18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
Motorsport and Performance are now offering some cool headlight upgrades I had mine done in Thursday

Blacked Internals
Tri Bars
Angel Eye
Demon Eye
20191219_160604.jpg
What sort of money are we looking at if you don't mind me asking?

cb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang

Blacked Internals
Tri Bars
Angel Eye
Demon Eye
20191219_160604.jpg
I've been looking at these recently- aultho would be better without the rgb in my opinion......do you know if this price is exchange or to purchase outright? (I have asked MAP via email, but no reply)

Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Typically, businesses that offer this service have one set ready. So you go and give them yours and they put the one they have ready on yours. Then, they modify the lights you have them and they install them on the next person to come etc.

The £1000 would be for an exchange service I believe but don't quote me.

cb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
I'll see if I can find out, for 1k I'd want to purchase them outright tbh!

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Hi all,

Looks like this thread has been dead for a couple of years (exactly)? I am finally getting round to fitting my DD Switchback tribars. I have a couple queries around wiring having read the last few pages of this thread...

1. If I wire the tribars as instructed to the existing (fog light housing) DRL's, indicators and sidelights will they work seamlessly or will I have issues?

2. Will they work if I don't connect the indicators, as it appears there is an issue with flasher speed if connected?

3. Do I need to connect sidelights?

4. Is it recommended to leave in place or remove the existing DRL bulbs.

Thanks in anticipation of any replies to this.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Hi all,

Looks like this thread has been dead for a couple of years (exactly)? I am finally getting round to fitting my DD Switchback tribars. I have a couple queries around wiring having read the last few pages of this thread...

1. If I wire the tribars as instructed to the existing (fog light housing) DRL's, indicators and sidelights will they work seamlessly or will I have issues?

2. Will they work if I don't connect the indicators, as it appears there is an issue with flasher speed if connected?

1. I can't remember exactly which wire I T'd into but I remember it was 2 wires. One was into a wire that became live as soon as the vehicle was unlocked. Its thick purple wire that goes into the fuse box.

Ill try and find a picture. The 2nd wire was T-d into the sidelights.

2. Yes. Just don't connect the yellow wire. I had the same Issue and disconnected. May have been because of my hood vent indicators but have seen others where time is great. Won't know until you connect things up.

3. I remember taking power from side lights but you can leave them disconnected. It won't throw any codes as far as I'm aware.

4. Again totally your choice. I have white led factory DRL lights so just left them in and and connected. If you disconnect power. It won't throw codes but leave the lights in the fog light houses to prevent water ingress.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Hi all,

Good morning!

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please go ahead and give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our service team would be happy to help you.

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1. I can't remember exactly which wire I T'd into but I remember it was 2 wires. One was into a wire that became live as soon as the vehicle was unlocked. Its thick purple wire that goes into the fuse box.

Ill try and find a picture. The 2nd wire was T-d into the sidelights.

2. Yes. Just don't connect the yellow wire. I had the same Issue and disconnected. May have been because of my hood vent indicators but have seen others where time is great. Won't know until you connect things up.

3. I remember taking power from side lights but you can leave them disconnected. It won't throw any codes as far as I'm aware.

4. Again totally your choice. I have white led factory DRL lights so just left them in and and connected. If you disconnect power. It won't throw codes but leave the lights in the fog light houses to prevent water ingress.
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me here.

I have now tested them on the car in different configurations so can answer these questions myself.. remember, I have only the tribar switchback LED's from DD.

1. When wired into the existing DRL's they work faultlessly on test.

2. They will work with no indicators connected, but obviously wont flash amber. they do however switch off when the indicators ore on as do the existing DRL's. If the original indicator bulb is removed, the dash indicator light and clicker will race, whereas the main indicators appear to flash normally. I feel that leaving the original bulbs in place keeps everything above board as you are not replacing the light but adding to it?

3. With the sidelights connected they will stay lit when the sidelights are switched on. If only connected to DRL's they will not light as the DRL's go out when the sidelights are on.

4. Leaving the DRL bulbs in place makes no difference. Again, it could be that leaving them in will keep the car as per factory as you are only adding to the existing lights rather than replacing them?

Just my 2p..

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good morning!

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please go ahead and give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our service team would be happy to help you.
Thanks very much for getting back to me John. I did actually contact DD about wiring a UK car and I was told they could not help me?

Nige

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
Greetings from Oz. I did these over 5 years ago and they work fine today and offer the following;
DD supplied replacement parking light globes in my kit to prevent fast flashing on the dash board.
I left the original Drl light globes in and sealed up the plug with tape and silicone in case I ever had to restore them, but they are disconnected from the circuit as it is/was illegal in our country to have two sets of daylight running lights operating.
I soldered my joints instead of T taps as a T tap failed on me after 6 months.
Finally you may need to swap the red and white leads in your pigtail plug. Original sets required this because the Drl glowed brighter with headlights on rather than the other way around (the correct way). You may need to check this. Just stick a very thin pin down the plug and the connector falls out the back.
I left all existing flashing lights connected, no problems.
Hope this helps, but I must stress it was a long time ago.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Greetings from Oz. I did these over 5 years ago and they work fine today and offer the following;
DD supplied replacement parking light globes in my kit to prevent fast flashing on the dash board.
I left the original Drl light globes in and sealed up the plug with tape and silicone in case I ever had to restore them, but they are disconnected from the circuit as it is/was illegal in our country to have two sets of daylight running lights operating.
I soldered my joints instead of T taps as a T tap failed on me after 6 months.
Finally you may need to swap the red and white leads in your pigtail plug. Original sets required this because the Drl glowed brighter with headlights on rather than the other way around (the correct way). You may need to check this. Just stick a very thin pin down the plug and the connector falls out the back.
I left all existing flashing lights connected, no problems.
Hope this helps, but I must stress it was a long time ago.
Thanks for your great feedback Peter.

I shall look into the DRL situation here.. still, it's an easy job to remove the bulb if needs be? I think I'm going to leave one of the connectors for the control in an easily accessible place so i can disconnect at the MOT?

I have one question.. are you sure it's the red and white that are swapped? You are correct, my LEDS are brighter when sidelights are on.

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
Yes it's the red and white that are incorrectly crossed. Here is a blurred photo I took when I installed mine. I think its after the swap. Actually it might have been before I swapped them. Anyhow just swap red and white.

20170525_094915.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: