Sponsored

The Tri bar LED / Sequential Indicator Sticky thread!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I wish there was already a DIY solution for the taillights.

For the fronts the idea with the template is great, I do wonder if it would be possible to 3d print a mold/seal in rubber to close the lights of again. Anyone?

I mean, if you 3d print a mold based on the edges of the template with a bit of overlap on both sided you could slide the cut out piece back in to place without glue or silicone and reopen the headlights whenever needed and also have a clean looking finish.

Just an idea!
Mine are sealed with Butyl, easy enough to remove as it's a rubber sealant, it goes hard, but it's still malleable, can just pull it back out if I need to.

Rubber 'bung' does sound quite a good fix to it though, could work.

Rears is plug and play solutionised now (even with a switch, installed mine in 5mins)
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
But still requires additional led strips to be installed and wired up, right?
Yep, but Fortis (the guys I use) have a second set of lights they use on a exchange basis, so they take your lights off you, and you get a modded set ready to go.

All rears will need new strips and such as they need orange AND red lights in them, through strips of lights. and then yeah, the sequential wiring. :thumbsup:

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
If fortis can do the same for the fronts, il get both swapped dependant on the condition of the exchanged lights. I just can't travel down there. Then Come back up then go back down and come back up. Too much hassle

Speaking of which, I need to speak to mike and moderating about getting my suspension sorted out.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
It's still the only one that no knowledge has been shared on how to mod the taillights in DIY fashion... I thought about visiting the UK for it but still would prefer an other way and keep my own lights in place. Anyway, I'm not in a hurry.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If fortis can do the same for the fronts, il get both swapped dependant on the condition of the exchanged lights. I just can't travel down there. Then Come back up then go back down and come back up. Too much hassle

Speaking of which, I need to speak to mike and moderating about getting my suspension sorted out.
They can take your front lights off you and mod them, you'll have to do all the wiring behind the car though, which is a bit of a faff, not that hard, but a faff still.

Fronts is your own, rears is new, but if you want, you can have your rears modified, just takes a couple days longer. The swap is for speed, but you don't have to. Mine were swapped onto brand new lights and mine have been tinted since new, these were then swapped onto [MENTION=20805]Jury[/MENTION]'s car so whoever is next has his lights, so on and so forth ;)!

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
How long do they need the car for if just doing the fronts?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
How long do they need the car for if just doing the fronts?
3 days. 1 day to open and place lights in, half a day ish to dry, another half day to fit, then the final day to pickup

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Yep, but Fortis (the guys I use) have a second set of lights they use on a exchange basis, so they take your lights off you, and you get a modded set ready to go.

All rears will need new strips and such as they need orange AND red lights in them, through strips of lights. and then yeah, the sequential wiring. :thumbsup:
Do you know if the guys at Fortis also provide sequential taillights to other European countries? If yes, then I will have mine made there.

Pedestrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Do you know if the guys at Fortis also provide sequential taillights to other European countries? If yes, then I will have mine made there.
Yeah they do, however you'll have to pay postage :)

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=22689]Pedestrian[/MENTION] Thanks. Do you have any idea about the costs involved? Also, do they send you a set of modified new taillights and, once you receive them, you send yours back to them?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
@Pedestrian Thanks. Do you have any idea about the costs involved? Also, do they send you a set of modified new taillights and, once you receive them, you send yours back to them?
It depends if your lights are in good nick, so they'd probably need yours first, or cover for the lights first in case yours were knackered as they then would use your lights for the next customer, so on and so forth.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Steve you are everywhere! Any idea about costs?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Steve you are everywhere! Any idea about costs?
Β£730 for the rears, but I think Β£30 of that is installation cost, so if you're not installing Β£700 + Postage to/from your door, if you want to just "buy" the set, it's like +500 ontop of that so they can buy a new set of rears. :thumbsup:

Been away for the weekend, so catching up lol ;)!

Harley103

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
Has anyone got a clue about the headlight wiring for the diode dynamics kit? Im trying to do the job myself like John did and the wiring diagram from DD has no correlation to whats going on in my UK headlights.

I can get the DD kit to light up when my headlights are on but thats it, no operations as a DRL and can't find the signal for the indicator at all. Come to think about it, why would there be a wire carrying the indicator signal to the headlight cluster??? DD says there is but it baffles me
Sponsored