The Mustang is the last man standing.....again

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Being hearing impaired, the V8 sound is not meaningful. If they made a decent electric convertible, I'd be all over it. But, I'm not ready for a sedan as my "fun car". Saving my pennies for an electric 911.
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Whats interesting Ford applied for a patent for a manual tranny and a hybrid. This is whats going to take place. We will have a V8 Hybrid.
The transmission used to mix ICE with an electric motor isn't what you think it is.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Thereā€™s technically absolutely zero need for a transmission at all in an EV. Saw something where a patent was filed for an EV with a ā€œmanual transā€ shifter, which is nothing more than a joystick telling the computer to mimic the feel of shifting, through software. I doubt it would be convincing.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
I looked at literally EVERY 2 door 4 seater under like 60K. The mustang really is the best thing for the money. The camaro is faster, cheaper, and I fully intend to order a GT tomorrow. why? cause the interior is nice, its just a more practical vehicle overall.

ford is consistently playing the long game which is why they keep winning.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
None of those are offered in manual transmission :(. I'll never consider a car without a manual. With my manual 2021 mach 1 HP, and a manual 2022 miata club BBR on the way, it's looking like i'll be stuck with my final garage pretty soon...
manual trans is an option for the Blackwing

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Thereā€™s technically absolutely zero need for a transmission at all in an EV. Saw something where a patent was filed for an EV with a ā€œmanual transā€ shifter, which is nothing more than a joystick telling the computer to mimic the feel of shifting, through software. I doubt it would be convincing.
Next up will be a patent for an EV to play exhaust noises from a speaker mounted between the rear wheels šŸ¤£

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
actually, Tesla and BMW already do this
Yep, the i8 has this already. I have had one where the owner modded it with some device that lets you choose from different sounds. He had it on ā€œAmerican V8ā€ or something like that. Very underwhelming, as you can probably imagine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grayghostcoyote

Grayghostcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10r80
donā€™t. Know why lol autos are faster and more consistent ā€¦ reason why I went with a 10spd

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
donā€™t. Know why lol autos are faster and more consistent ā€¦ reason why I went with a 10spd
Autos are for the weak of mind and body. šŸ˜† The whole point of the blackwing is the default trans is the good Tremec.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
My wife couldnt even make a round trip to work and back in the winter with the longest range car i know about.
Her commute is over 275 miles a day? Your insurance and gas bills must be neck and neck with the national debt.

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Still do not see how we can go all EV. I am in Ca and we dont have charging stations
everywhere. What we do have is rolling black outs in the summer, high electric bills,
aging and overloaded electric grids that already cannot keep up with current demand,
much less the coming EV demand. I am getting Electric company rate increase notices
every few weeks it seems like. I can see the hybrids making way more sense. Toyota
seems to agree and they also are on the hydrogen plan. I have not even mentioned the
higher purchase price of the car, the very expensive battery replacement at around the
5 year mark, and how is that going to affect resale? Who wants to buy a 5 year old EV??
Just my 2 cents.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
Her commute is over 275 miles a day? Your insurance and gas bills must be neck and neck with the national debt.
Thats 275 miles in a perfect world. Not running a/c or heat, lights on the car are off, perfectly flat roads, no stop and go driving, no change in driving speeds, no spirited driving, no snow to drive through, no loss of capacity due to cold weather (30% right there), no loss of capacity/efficiency over time, ect.

Yes, my wifes work is not close to home its a 80minute drive each way at the main office. And she travels across the state at least quartly to the other office. And heaven forbid if she would have to go somewhere before she came home and charged her car or forgot to plug her car in when she gets home from work.

I will stick to gas for now thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited: