Sponsored

The more I see the S650s, the more I know I've had my last Mustang for the foreseeable future

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
yes, i asked why someone would buy a car that they don’t care for when sitting inside and then you proceeded to tell me why someone would buy a car they like sitting inside.
Ugh. As I say to my kids, do I need to draw you a picture? Someone who does NOT initially like the car sees said car enough times that their opinion changes and buys the car.

Personally, I didn’t like the front end of the 18+ refresh compared to the 15-17 front end when the 18’s came out. Changed my tune in about 6 months after I saw them enough because lots of people in my area bought the 18’s so I was seeing them everywhere.

Is that a clearer response for you??
Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
The S650s in general and the Shady Pony, in particular, make me glad I have a 2020 Mustang.
Even if the S650 were to grow on me, I'm never going to spend $50,000+ on a car that had to grow on me. It might be a candidate to buy years from now, as a $15,000 beater, to lighten my 2020 car's driving duties.

The S650s truck grill and rear fascia are eyesores to me, but also relatively easy to fix with a facelift.
If it's as unpopular as we think, Ford will do just that: Fix it with the first facelift.

Ford has probably thought as far as the first facelift, and they're deciding what that should look like
and whether to move it up on the schedule.

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Ugh. As I say to my kids, do I need to draw you a picture? Someone who does NOT initially like the car sees said car enough times that their opinion changes and buys the car.

Personally, I didn’t like the front end of the 18+ refresh compared to the 15-17 front end when the 18’s came out. Changed my tune in about 6 months after I saw them enough because lots of people in my area bought the 18’s so I was seeing them everywhere.

A note; you're leaving out the massive price increases. That's a large and important point.

kev1949

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Wish I could find a pic with the same color tone... both cars are Race Red. Anyway, all the black plastic in the too-big grill, the hood vent (which looks like my HEPA filter) the headlights and some awkward angles... This car is a no go. Even down on HP from my '18...
2018 vs 2024.jpg

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
I can not stand the fake grilles in the lower part of the bumper. Looks too much like what Honda did to their Civic and Civic Type R. I much prefer the fog lights/side markers/air ducts of the S550.
2018 vs 2024.jpg

Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang

....therefore they are not a person who does not like the car they bought which doesn't actually answer my question... do i need to draw you a picture or do you want to keep explaining how people buy stuff they like?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
....therefore they are not a person who does not like the car they bought which doesn't actually answer my question... do i need to draw you a picture or do you want to keep explaining how people buy stuff they like?
I’m not sure I can be any clearer. The person initially DOES NOT like the car (specifically the interior if we want to get specific). However, after seeing it and being exposed to it for a time, they change their opinion and decide they like it and buy it.

No picture drawing from you is needed, you’re quite clear that reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Carry on.

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
I bet you led your high school debate team to a state title.

kev1949

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
After seeing a $76,000 dark horse at my local dealer with a $2000 mark up, I will keep my 2019 GT bucket list. I was not impressed, not enough bling for the buck. The car just isn't worth that kind of money.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The person initially DOES NOT like the car (specifically the interior if we want to get specific). However, after seeing it and being exposed to it for a time, they change their opinion and decide they like it and buy it.
This has never happened to me. Now don't get me wrong I have had some cars or trucks I did not like and bought anyway due to finances. I still never liked them. One that comes to mind was a 76 Cordoba. I hated and still hate the dash.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This has never happened to me. Now don't get me wrong I have had some cars or trucks I did not like and bought anyway due to finances. I still never liked them. One that comes to mind was a 76 Cordoba. I hated and still hate the dash.
Not saying it happens to everyone but it very likely happens to a lot of people. Oakley asked why someone would buy a car they don’t like, so I gave a reason (that he fails to comprehend apparently).

There are many reasons people buy things they don’t like, less so when you’re talking about a $40k-$50k+ sports car, but it happens. Most of the time, as you describe above, it’s out of necessity. I think most of us have been there and done that.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Such as?

I'd rather have a Dark Horse than an M2. Don't really know what else competes in that price range.

For the S650 GT, you've got the Z, Supra, and some of the turbo hatches, but even then, all of them have compromises just like the Mustang.

If you want a V8/manual experience, there's only one game in town now.
Agreed, the Supra is a crap sounding BMW with a ugly Toyota steering wheel lol . But everything else about the car is nice ( If you can get over the sound I guess it works). And the same applies to Type R, no V8 fan is going to hop on a crap sounding boy racer 4 cylinder. Only WRX sound cool imo but they look bland now days.

Last edited:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

My friend, no response will satisfy that guy, he just loves Drama.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red