Sponsored

The more I see the S650s, the more I know I've had my last Mustang for the foreseeable future

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I actually like the interior, better build materials and I like the technology. Not happy with not having HVAC controls available. My issue for me is I don't feel its worth the money for what I already have. Its not that much of a difference to justify the added expense. To be honest if I get out of my Mustang, I will probably move into an M2...another loved car on this forumšŸ˜. I don't care though, I buy cars I like, I don't care what others think.
so your point is that even though you actually like the styling EVEN YOU, someone who actually likes this shit, won't be buying another one cause the cost outweighs the value?

so you just wanna argue. okay. this is hilarious.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
so your point is that even though you actually like the styling EVEN YOU, someone who actually likes this shit, won't be buying another one cause the cost outweighs the value?

so you just wanna argue. okay. this is hilarious.
I don't want to argue...where did you get that out of my post? I am just giving another facet to the post. I feel you have a chip on your shoulder or something. Every time anyone on this forum has a different take on something you take it personal. Whatever...go ahead and rant now.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Saw one in person recently. Some things i like, some things i hate. I actually like the taillights, but hate the plastic shroud below them. The front end looks better at certain angles in person. But funny enough, i also saw one on the road coming up behind me. Thought it was a Camaro.

Is it just me or has everybody forgotten why knobs and dials are knurled and have grooves built in? Because it helps you make small adjustments to climate controls and the like while youre actually driving. Here in Michigan, the roads are not like a sheet of glass and it's an absolute pain to use a screen to adjust anything while driving. The move to put everything on a screen is simply not practical. In the S650 test videos, people are always at a stop to make adjustments via the screens....

I want a 2021 Mach 1.
The touch screen is a bit of a pain in some respects, but easier to use for other things I find. I really enjoy my 2024 GT though overall.

I see you are from Port Huron. I grew up there and lived there until 2018 when I moved to Winston Salem for a couple of years. When we returned to Michigan in 2021 my wife wanted to go to Brighton rather than Port Huron this time. I still get up to Port Huron (my brother is a dentist and his practice is there, now run by his son, my nephew). And I get up there for the Mainstreet Mmeories show at Vantage Point.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
you wrote this as if it answers the question but failed to answer the question.
Explain how I failed to answer the question. You asked why someone would buy a car that they donā€™t care for when sitting inside. And I responded by saying peopleā€™s tastes and opinions change as they see and use things more. So, as people see these cars more, their perception of the interior may/will change and theyā€™ll buy one. It may be a a week, a month or a year before that happens but it typically happens.

AWESOMO 4000

Threads
Reaction score
The upstate region. South of the border I think th
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Premium
The market will dictate how it will be preceived. October sales up 90% YoY, vs a car that is indistinguishable from a 2018. We'll see if it can maintian momentum. With no Challenger to cross shop and 1yr to go for Camaro, it will probably succeeded if only by attrition.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
When I first saw the S550 I didn't like them and now almost 10 years later I've owned 2.

Jasonb543

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I couldnā€™t get a 24 fast enough, ordered it day 1.

supposedly lethal just got the 1st whipple kit, canā€™t wait to see what it does.
My 24 got me laid a few times even in less than 2 monthsā€¦.. bishes got in and saw the screens and just started getting all horny and wet

I was like donā€™t touch the screenā€¦.that was it she started dropping that neck

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Or more likely because there is no longer a choice. IE; Touch screens in cars.
For new, yes, touchscreen is basically the only option for any car now. And most likely because most consumers have adapted to it and now want that in their cars as standard.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I don't want to argue...where did you get that out of my post? I am just giving another facet to the post. I feel you have a chip on your shoulder or something. Every time anyone on this forum has a different take on something you take it personal. Whatever...go ahead and rant now.
you disagreed while also restating exactly what i said as reasons for why you won't be buying a 650 minus the fact that you actually like the interior which demonstrates just how badly those points affect the value proposition.

sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder

Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Explain how I failed to answer the question. You asked why someone would buy a car that they donā€™t care for when sitting inside. And I responded by saying peopleā€™s tastes and opinions change as they see and use things more. So, as people see these cars more, their perception of the interior may/will change and theyā€™ll buy one. It may be a a week, a month or a year before that happens but it typically happens.
yes, i asked why someone would buy a car that they donā€™t care for when sitting inside and then you proceeded to tell me why someone would buy a car they like sitting inside.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
For new, yes, touchscreen is basically the only option for any car now. And most likely because most consumers have adapted to it and now want that in their cars as standard.
Strangely, I think the current Mazda CX-5, and perhaps other Mazdas, don't have touchscreens and require the use of a knob/joystick to control them.

I have an older CX-5, and it does have a small touch screen, but the touch screen is disabled while moving, and you have to use the joystick. It's dumb because you still have to look at the screen, but instead of being able to just reach up and press what you want, you have to use the joystick/knob to move a highlighter around to the right spot, which keeps your eyes on the screen even longer than if you could just use the touchscreen.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
And most likely because most consumers have adapted to it and now want that in their cars as standard.
This is probably true for people in the mid 30's and younger. Me and most of the people in my circle hate the damn things.

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
why? while you guys are saying "thank you sir may i have another?" those of us with actual standards will be driving better cars for the money.
Such as?

I'd rather have a Dark Horse than an M2. Don't really know what else competes in that price range.

For the S650 GT, you've got the Z, Supra, and some of the turbo hatches, but even then, all of them have compromises just like the Mustang.

If you want a V8/manual experience, there's only one game in town now.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This is probably true for people in the mid 30's and younger. Me and most of the people in my circle hate the damn things.
Iā€™m not saying I like it either (Iā€™m not in my mid 30ā€™s or younger) but thatā€™s why they exist almost exclusively now. Because most (not all) consumers want them, even those in the over 40 demographic . So the majority wins out and everyone else must tag along if they want the newest shiniest things
Sponsored