The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Zeck Ford in Purcell, Oklahoma. I did everything over the phone... first time buying a car without seeing it.
Zeck has a dealership here in MO as well. I spoke with the OK dealership when I was looking and always had a great customer experience with them. I purchased a used Edge from them here in MO, very happy with that process. Congrats on the purchase, you are going to love it.
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I got my 2020 (new) in December of 2020 for about $1500 under sticker ($64K, MSRP was $65,480). I'm thinking the Christmas Season and COVID helped with the deal I got. There was initially a $4k ADM on the car. Just looking on line, it looks like the few GT350's that are left in dealer stock have huge ADM's on them. And they're selling. Spring fever maybe??
I think used car prices in general have risen, but I am seeing GT350 values ticking up due to end of production

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
This happened recently. So, this destroys the argument that Ford can't control what the dealers do.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
This happened recently. So, this destroys the argument that Ford can't control what the dealers do.
Bingo. I was just discussing this on the raptor forum. I never had a doubt that if Ford said jump the dealers would say "how high". Ford has complete leverage with the allocations and can change the rules to whatever they want.

Sponsored

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Big difference from a car that just came out like the Mach E, and a limited run like the GT350's.
While I agree that there is a difference, the point I was making was that the statement that has been posted before that Ford cannot do anything about the ADM's that dealers charge, is not as accurate as we once thought.
The justification for Ford to intervene in the pricing was that they want the cars in customer hands, not on the showroom floors. I would hope, and think that they would feel the same way about the limited run Shelby cars. They obviosly don't though as we see every year.
I just thought it was interesting.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big difference from a car that just came out like the Mach E, and a limited run like the GT350's.
yes there is a difference but just because a car is limited and desirable doesn't give dealers the right to rip people off.

These are Ford cars and Ford Corporate sets the rules with Ford Performance vehicles now. All they would have to do is say to the dealers, you guys can charge whatever you want but if you sell over MSRP your future allocations go to the back of the line OR if you sell over MSRP we cut your allocation back for next year. problem solved.

Dealers are absolutely cautious about upsetting Ford. I begged my dealer to put in an order for a GT350R without an allocation and see what happens (let them manually reject it) and the general manager said no as he didn't want to step on any toes.

On a side note I was at a dealer yesterday to take a look at a GT500 that had dealer markup on it and in the pictures you could see the market adjustment stick next to the window sticker. when I get there the sticker was gone but the ADM was still in place. Did Ford tell dealers to get rid of those stickers due to backlash from this whole thing? Are dealers doing this on their own?

Last edited:

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Stopped by a local dealership over the weekend to look at a GT500 they had on the lot, CFTP addition. 20k original ADM was now 'on sale' for only 10k over MSRP. Talked with a sales person and she said they have had a few phone calls, but no real interest in the car. It was outside and covered in dust/rain spots.

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stopped by a local dealership over the weekend to look at a GT500 they had on the lot, CFTP addition. 20k original ADM was now 'on sale' for only 10k over MSRP. Talked with a sales person and she said they have had a few phone calls, but no real interest in the car. It was outside and covered in dust/rain spots.
Did you see the one that just ended on bring a trailer? It was new and didnt even bid to msrp. Seems like either supply caught up with demand or people are done with ADM.

Sponsored

ZaChickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Did you see the one that just ended on bring a trailer? It was new and didnt even bid to msrp. Seems like either supply caught up with demand or people are done with ADM.
I've always been of the mind that if the dealer wants to charge ADM then they are free to do so.

Maybe they really want the car to sit in the showroom. Maybe the owner just wants it as a toy with no real intention to sell it. Maybe they are counting on a money is no object buyer to come in. In any case the ADM is the "offer they can't refuse".

Before I bought my '19 GT350 in May of '20, I found three '19s at a dealer 30 minutes from my house. Contacted them and the sales guy said come in and we'll work something out. Once there I noticed the 10k ADM on all three and the dealer would not budge swearing that they sell Shelby's and Raptors with ADM all the time. Told them that was unacceptable and walked out pissed. Bought my '19 for 4k below MSRP from a different dealer across town a week later.

Dealer One was free to ask for 10k over sticker and I was free to walk out. Dealer Two was free to offer 4k below sticker thus becoming the car I purchased. Which was smarter business decision on the dealers part? Who knows. I know which dealer I will conduct business with in the future ...

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
My dealer started at $5k over on my 2020 GT350. Then it was down to $2,500 over.
Then they claimed they had 2 other dealers will to pay $2,500 over, but if I offered $1,500 over they would sell it to me.
After a week of hassling him, the new car manager told me since I was a local they would sell it to me for msrp.
Sponsored