Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

DarkL1ghtn1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
$150k for an R?

I love Mustangs, but for that kind of cash, just no. Would have to go Porsche GT3RS for that money, and save $15k.
Sponsored

DarkL1ghtn1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
No one pissed in my Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

My point is not that I support ADM (I was VERY lucky to not have paid one). But "I BELIEVE" this thread should be a discussion more like Mustang4Life just posted, or even discussion of what people are paying...not an argument of who likes it and who doesn't. No one WANTS to pay more, but (like mentioned as opinionated) some of us believe it is truly worth more.

I have no problem with you Saving money by waiting - hell I work for a large ADM dealer and it bugs me to turn away friends saying "go to X dealer they ask for less over sticker." But I also am not disappointed in THE LEAST that KBB and other industry standards have my car valued well over what I paid (even if a dealer won't pay it - because I have no intention of selling soon). Kelly has my private party at over $72k :lol:
OK, so maybe I misread your post - I took it as "stop whining if you can't afford $10k over sticker, losers" :)

I am all for discussing what people paid over, and better yet, what people haven't. But I think being salty that these cars are being marked up (and hoarded by some dealers) to drive up their "market value" is totally fine too. :)

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Why exactly is that? Because the decision is an emotional one. Like a woman buying Jimmy Choo shoes. The difference is that Men look down on that sort of spending frivolity. Respect is lost when someone admits to such a choice. This is why I'd never pay it. If I couldn't admit it to others
Respect is also lost when a man can't make decisions for himself for fear what others might think. At the end of the day 55k vs 65k or 75k for a glorified toy is silly in the eyes of most pragmatic individuals.

My money, my decision, anyone that might "lose respect" for me over it isn't worth keeping within arms reach either way.

Sponsored

Detector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The owner of our local Ford dealer just sent me an email offering $7,800 over MSRP LOL. That's dropped quite a bit but I told him no. I'll wait and see where it goes from here.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
$150k for an R?

I love Mustangs, but for that kind of cash, just no. Would have to go Porsche GT3RS for that money, and save $15k.
Lol have you actually priced a new gt3rs??.. you won't find one anywhere near that unless it's in a salvage yard.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Lol have you actually priced a new gt3rs??.. you won't find one anywhere near that unless it's in a salvage yard.
lol yeah hes off by about 150-200k, MSRP isnt even close to 150k. :lol:

RaceRedGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Race Red #1888
$150k for an R?

Out of sheer morbid curiosity, where are you finding GT3 rs for $135K? I am sure there are a ton of folks on here, myself included, that would love to find that dealership. If you happen to know of any, let me know.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
He's not, making it up completely. MSRP is 175k, you cant even get a GT3 for that price. Not to mention the ADM on the RS models will make you most guys on here sick

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If my car gets built before i can find an msrp ill be paying adm. I had to find one that I FELT the car was WORTH TO ME, and once i did (my buddy actually found it for me) i jumped on it.

I paid for the adm yesterday at work. I figure it was worth 1 day of my time. Worked my butt off for it but got it done, adm is behind me. Will still be looking for better until my car is locked (maybe get 1/2 days wages back lol).
Dont get me wrong, i dont like to give my time/money away but i wanted this car bad enough i was willing to do it.
Some days i make 2, 000 and some days x5, so my adm was at the top of my daily wages. Not every day is so good, but ill just say it was a good days wages to pay ADM (mind over matter ;) )
I can see how someone wouldn't want to pay an adm when it takes much more of their time to pay it.
Most of the guys that are paying these 40k to 50k adms just have gobbs of cash and it just doesnt matter to them. They are probably more worried about living until they are able to get the car.

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Out of sheer morbid curiosity, where are you finding GT3 rs for $135K? I am sure there are a ton of folks on here, myself included, that would love to find that dealership. If you happen to know of any, let me know.
Hey, if he drives an SHO he must not be too far off on his pricing???

:eyebulge::eyebulge:

RaceRedGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Race Red #1888
Why exactly is that? Because the decision is an emotional one. Like a woman buying Jimmy Choo shoes. The difference is that Men look down on that sort of spending frivolity. Respect is lost when someone admits to such a choice. This is why I'd never pay it. If I couldn't admit it to others, I certainly couldn't respect myself for making such a decision. It's the whole premise for this thread when you think about it, trying to come to grips with paying it. I knew I never could which is why I chose to not consider it. It would have ruined my ownership experience. Every time I'd look at a car I paid an ADM on I'd see my own failure in the decision to buy it :tsk:
Wow, this thread has produced some gems. How insecure can one be that they would be "ashamed" of paying what something is worth. You realize that is what is happening, right? The market has corrected and proven that the Shelby's are worth more than what the Manufacturer suggested. Not a big deal at all. How much over that suggestion? Well, that is for each one of to decide.

Those that can't come to grips with Ford undervaluing this car simply wont get the pleasure of driving one. There are a few Unicorn's out there, but not many. I happily spent $2K over to get mine and have already put a deposit down on a 2017 R with $5K ADM. Never lose a seconds sleep over it either as I am comfortable the market has proven neither was a bad decision.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Why exactly is that? Because the decision is an emotional one. Like a woman buying Jimmy Choo shoes. The difference is that Men look down on that sort of spending frivolity. Respect is lost when someone admits to such a choice. This is why I'd never pay it. If I couldn't admit it to others, I certainly couldn't respect myself for making such a decision. It's the whole premise for this thread when you think about it, trying to come to grips with paying it. I knew I never could which is why I chose to not consider it. It would have ruined my ownership experience. Every time I'd look at a car I paid an ADM on I'd see my own failure in the decision to buy it :tsk:
Really!

Thanks for speaking out on behalf of the rest of the male gender and I could give a crap about what others think about how I decide to spend my money.

Who cares about ADM's, just go out and enjoy your hard earned money and most importantly these great cars.

Life is no dress rehearsal so enjoy it while we can!

:ford:

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
You realize that is what is happening, right? The market has corrected and proven that the Shelby's are worth more than what the Manufacturer suggested.
Wow, I never really thought of it that way. Very well articulated!
Sponsored