OP
OP
noshine4mine

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1 Hellion TT
Went to pickup car. Test drove it and brought it back and popped the hood. There was oil leaking on top of the aux oil pump and some sort of oil leak on the passenger valve cover at the front of the engine. This not normal right?
Sponsored

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Went to pickup car. Test drove it and brought it back and popped the hood. There was oil leaking on top of the aux oil pump and some sort of oil leak on the passenger valve cover at the front of the engine. This not normal right?
Sounds like scavenger pump may be leaking. Did you do a catch can or some type of breather on PVC and clean(driver) side?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Not normal but they may be related. The passanger valve cover is where the oil flows back in the engine. If it leaked down that hose to the scavenger pump it may appear you have two leaks instead of one. Or they just got a little sloppy at that part of install. It might be as simple as they didn't tighten the fitting on the valve cover.

OP
OP
noshine4mine

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They got it fixed. no more leaks. But I am going to get a catch can for the passenger side.
Holy shit, I didnt realize waste gate venting to atmosphere was going to be so loud. I held off on the boost controler, it made 660 at the tires on 7PSI waste gate spring.

Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
They got it fixed. no more leaks. But I am going to get a catch can for the passenger side.
Holy shit, I didnt realize waste gate venting to atmosphere was going to be so loud. I held off on the boost controler, it made 660 at the tires on 7PSI waste gate spring.
Get the controller. The controller is way more efficient than just running springs by themselves. Plus a push of a button will put them belt cars in your rear view mirror. :devil:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Yeah on pump e. I have a Lethal/Division X return fuel system with 2 465 pumps. I have the option of adding another pump but so far I haven’t ran into any fueling issues. I’m going to send my trans to Midnight soon and after that I plan to turn it up to 16-18lbs. A buddy of mine with the same kit stock motor and stock trans has turned it up to 17lbs and like above his car doesn’t skip a beat. Now for how long they will last on these power levels who knows but they aren’t our daily’s so we hardly drive/beat on them. If you got any questions feel free to pm me :like:
Great to see your doing good.
- Which turbos did you go with?
- Did you say you have a stock engine? I am going FI this winter and my car is used like yours, just a joy toy. - What LTH and exhaust would you recommend? I also want a boost controller with two tunes, easy driving and WOT. Thank you for your help.

Sponsored

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
is this a 10r80 or manual? Glad you got your car back. Let’s see some pics.
As far as exhaust, you don’t need a new set. Just disconnect the pipes from the turbos on back. Run it like that for a few months (like me). After that you’ll appreciate a quieter exhaust setup. Even now a full exhaust setup on a s550 is louder than my turbo with no exhaust & mufflers.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Thats major balteusphobia right there, fear of belts lol
You missed a couple key words in my post.

Get the controller. The controller is way more efficient than just running springs by themselves. Plus a push of a button will put them belt cars in your rear view mirror. :devil:
Here they are in red. :idea:

OP
OP
noshine4mine

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So Frustrating. Everything seems to be ok but I keep getting the CEL with code P0308. Changed plugs and moved the #8 coil pack to #4 and the code this morning was still P0308 Misfire on Cylinder #8. Checked to make sure the MAF was sealed. Filled it up with 93 from the newest gas station in town last night.

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
So Frustrating. Everything seems to be ok but I keep getting the CEL with code P0308. Changed plugs and moved the #8 coil pack to #4 and the code this morning was still P0308 Misfire on Cylinder #8. Checked to make sure the MAF was sealed. Filled it up with 93 from the newest gas station in town last night.
Did you do new injectors too? What did that plug look like?
Sponsored