Dizzle58

GTFO_0035
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
My car is all washed up and ready to go to C&C tomorrow. Meeting up with Nick and Dylan. Think we are meeting at Lowes around 730 so if you wanna come that is where we will meet up.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
How was the turn out today? I figure smaller given the morning temps.

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
It was slow to start but picked up a little about 9am. Only filled about 4 rows of the lot.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Got the rear of the car done this weekend. Steeda sport linear springs, IRS bushing supports, and subframe alignment sleeves. Took me about an hour and a half to get 90% of the actual work done, and about 6 more hours wrestling the subframe around to get all 4 sleeves in without cross threading the captive threads in the body. Took the car out and did some pretty aggressive driving afterward. Wheel hop is reduced by about 60%, ride is much firmer, and the car sits about 3/4" lower in the rear. Hoping it will settle just a bit more. Will work on the front end an hour or so at a time over the next couple days.
image.jpg

Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Also, I thought this picture nicely illustrates how much slop there is in the subframe without the alignment sleeves. For those who haven't had this area apart, the bolt pictures here is one of the 4 main subframe bolts, and you can see how much slop there is when bolting the subframe in. The sleeves take up all the space pictured here so there is no unintentional adjustment of the subframe. The sleeves will not allow the subframe to be out of square, where the factory setup does.
image.jpg

Dizzle58

GTFO_0035
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
Everyone has been pretty quiet in here lately....what's the deal? I am going to cars and coffee again the Saturday if anyone wants to join me. Looks like it will be a REALLY nice day for it.

Nucdancer01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford Premium PP, MT82
My Tapatalk app has been on the fritz and won't let me connect to the forum. While trying to get that figured out, I bought a motorcycle..

Now the GT has to compete with Scarlett for my attention!!

Can't make C&C because of daughter's soccer game...

Sponsored

Dizzle58

GTFO_0035
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
My Tapatalk app has been on the fritz and won't let me connect to the forum. While trying to get that figured out, I bought a motorcycle..

Yeah...Tapatalk is offline right now for the forum. I think they are talking like they got some group working on making a mobile app instead of using Tapa.

What kind of bike did you get?

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I've been busy wrenching on the car. If there is ever a speed test for taking apart the rear of these cars im a sure winner with all this practice I've had. I can swap springs in less than an hour now.

I'll probably finish the front end of the car on Saturday otherwise i would join you. Maybe next weekend.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT

Cool! My speed triple still hasn't sold so maybe I'll start riding it again. You get a sportbike, cruiser, dual sport...?

Nucdancer01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford Premium PP, MT82
HD Road King..

I did 11 years of sport bikes, CBR600, GSXR-750, Yamaha R-1. Couldn't stop dragging my knees/doing 140mph standups on the street, so I switched to a Yamaha Warrior-then finally graduated to HD.

Had a 2008 street glide for a few years and watched a kid die from a bike wreck-took a few years off. Got the itch again, so added another touring bike to the stable!
Sponsored