Sponsored

Tennessee/Middle TN

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I've been almost scared out of street bikes a couple times, too. If I do ever sell this one I'll probably get a cruiser to replace it with one day.
Sponsored

Dizzle58

GTFO_0035
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
Some days I envy you guys with bikes.....I miss mine from time to time. Got rid of it in 2010 and am told that I can't have another one. So when I go through my midlife crisis I will bring that up and just get a supercharger instead :) its about the same price once all is said and done.

Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Finished up the front springs today (did the rear springs and IRS bits last weekend). Thanks to jake and lance for the install tips, nick for the spring compressor, and David for the deal on the parts. Car sits perfect for what I wanted. Doesn't sit quite as low as the cars on eibach springs, or even steedas ultralites or progressives. I'm very happy with how the car sits, but the handling feels a little "floaty" now. I'm hoping getting a proper alignment will help but I also suspect it may be due to the car being under-dampened with the factory shocks/struts and the stiffer springs. I need to start doing research on my options. For those that made it out to cars/coffee this morning, how was the turnout?

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Ordered the R! I defaulted the order to Black with Black OTT stripes of course, but I'm seriously considering Grabber Blue, and Race Red. Need to see some more pics of the Grabber...

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Did you even get a new front splitter yet, lol? Also, does this mean there will be a Black GT350 with a transmission cooler mod available in Gallatin?

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Ordered the R! I defaulted the order to Black with Black OTT stripes of course, but I'm seriously considering Grabber Blue, and Race Red. Need to see some more pics of the Grabber...
I really like the grabber, but it always feels kinda flat and one-dimensional to me. If it had a little metallic it would look so much deeper. It is a really nice color for the s550, though.

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Did you even get a new front splitter yet, lol? Also, does this mean there will be a Black GT350 with a transmission cooler mod available in Gallatin?
Yeah I installed the splitter, and RGB's when I did the cooler.

Not sure I'll most likely return it to all stock.

I really like the grabber, but it always feels kinda flat and one-dimensional to me. If it had a little metallic it would look so much deeper. It is a really nice color for the s550, though.
Yeah I always wished they did a metallic version.

Sponsored

Dizzle58

GTFO_0035
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
Steve....you crazy man! I got dibs on the first ride! Well probably after Brandon and your GF :)

I take it the track day went ok?

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Steve....you crazy man! I got dibs on the first ride! Well probably after Brandon and your GF :)

I take it the track day went ok?
Yeah, it was a blast except for the fact that it rained on Sunday after my second session. Also out of both days I only managed to get one lap without slower cars holding me up. I would really like to take this car there one more time, hopefully in a faster run group, before I get the R.

Maybe one day I'll be able to talk you into tracking the Gt...

Dizzle58

GTFO_0035
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
Yeah, it was a blast except for the fact that it rained on Sunday after my second session. Also out of both days I only managed to get one lap without slower cars holding me up. I would really like to take this car there one more time, hopefully in a faster run group, before I get the R.

Maybe one day I'll be able to talk you into tracking the Gt...
I could see myself going out there. Would be kinda fun since it has been forever since I have tracked a car. Reminds me of my good ole' SCCA days.