Sponsored

Tennessee/Middle TN

wbrownie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
That was the last run of the day. Intermediate Group. It was quick. The Advanced Group was VERY fast. GT3 Cup car and several highly modded Corvettes. Also a few Mustangs, FR500s and a few other race prepped 197s.
Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'm thinking I'm going to order a set of springs after all...

For you lowered guys....who have you had do your alignment? I don't trust just any shop to be both competent and careful. Jake I know you said you found a guy you trusted but he isn't in the business anymore.

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4

For you lowered guys....who have you had do your alignment? I don't trust just any shop to be both competent and careful. Jake I know you said you found a guy you trusted but he isn't in the business anymore.
The shop is still thriving, just the exact guy that did mine isn't there. I would still go and trust them to align my car. It's Track.One in Nolensville. Mike Zusin is one of the owners and mechanics. I mean they work on exotics and have a super nice Hunter Hawkeye alignment machine.

Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
The shop is still thriving, just the exact guy that did mine isn't there. I would still go and trust them to align my car. It's Track.One in Nolensville. Mike Zusin is one of the owners and mechanics. I mean they work on exotics and have a super nice Hunter Hawkeye alignment machine.

Gotcha, thanks.

I know very little about alignment. Do I need to tell them what specs I want for toe, caster, etc or do I just say "please align my car".

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

It begins. :clap2:

Dizzle58

GTFO_0035
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT

This convincing took long enough :lol: Glad your doing it!

Sponsored

Murdered_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
15 Premium PP Ecoboost
So...let's start discussing it now.....Cars and Coffee this coming Saturday, 4-9. I am about 99% sure I will be at this one. Who else is in?
I should be there for the first half! Meetup then cruise over?

Also thinking about springs as well. For you guys who are lowered is there any other components I need to add? Or can I just install the springs then get aligned and be good to go?

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
That's awesome, thanks jake!

Just out of curiosity....why the variance left to right? Is that to account for the driver?
It's a small amount of variance, literally the wind can change your specs when on the machine. Once you get it all tightened down and roll the car back and forth and pull down on the suspension it can change slightly, so to get it absolutely perfect side to side is pretty tedious.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I should be there for the first half! Meetup then cruise over?

Also thinking about springs as well. For you guys who are lowered is there any other components I need to add? Or can I just install the springs then get aligned and be good to go?
From my research I've found if you just toss the springs in and go for an alignment you can probably get fairly close. To get it perfectly aligned you will need either camber bolts or plates in the front, adjustable toe links in the rear, and potentially revised tie rod ends if you have an issue with bump steer.