Sponsored

Tell me im an idiot for considering this... trade gt350r for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Lol, no stock 5.0 will beat a stock 5.2 from a dig or any other speed unless you canā€™t drive
This is laughable.

A stock A10 5.0 will beat or tie a stock gt350/r in a straight line. this is pretty damn well documented.

Last time I was at the drag strip I witnessed a 350 trapping 113 mph. Sad.

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
Some guy with a 21 a10 stage 3 roush and 400 miles on odometer wants to trade straight across for my 19 gt350r with 12k miles on it lol

Am I fool for telling him no?
Are you kidding? Maybe if the Roush had $40k in cash in the glovebox.

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Doesnā€™t the 350r vin as a Ford?
No idea! I canā€™t afford one yet lol
I read somewhere that the roush come back as just a gt. That they are difficult to get financing for.

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Certainly have not driven one or ridden in one. I am Assuming you have a gt350 variant. Can you elaborate on the missed experience? I mean i could listen to that voodoo all damn day with a excrement eating grin on my face. But its certainly not only the motor im missing out on.
Owning both a 2020 GT PP1 and last week adding a 18 GT350 to my stable I can say the GT350 is a different experience. Itā€™s mainly the suspension however the brakes make a difference too. Iā€™ve always wanted a Shelby and there may not be another manual transmission GT350 in the future so I didnā€™t need a whole bunch of arm twisting to buy the Shelby and it just may be partially because itā€™s a new toy to me, but it rides and handles much better than my GT that has Steeda springs, sway bars, camber arms, vertical links, subframe braces, cradle and diff lockouts, adjustable toe links, LCA bearings, toe link bearings, ARH headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Whipple Gen 5 and Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a lot Iā€™m forgetting, but the GT350 is the first car Iā€™ve had that I donā€™t immediately want to change the suspension (although it needs more power)

Sponsored

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
Owning both a 2020 GT PP1 and last week adding a 18 GT350 to my stable I can say the GT350 is a different experience. Itā€™s mainly the suspension however the brakes make a difference too. Iā€™ve always wanted a Shelby and there may not be another manual transmission GT350 in the future so I didnā€™t need a whole bunch of arm twisting to buy the Shelby and it just may be partially because itā€™s a new toy to me, but it rides and handles much better than my GT that has Steeda springs, sway bars, camber arms, vertical links, subframe braces, cradle and diff lockouts, adjustable toe links, LCA bearings, toe link bearings, ARH headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Whipple Gen 5 and Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a lot Iā€™m forgetting, but the GT350 is the first car Iā€™ve had that I donā€™t immediately want to change the suspension (although it needs more power)
Does your pp1 have mag ride as well? Mine does. And i almost have the steeda catalog as well. Sway bars and end links are waiting to go on right now and then its pretty much camber arms/plates and k member all i have left. The mag rude was a big difference over non mag ride to me. Though it is really only based off a test drive.

Brakes on a gt350 are a sure step up even from the pp1 car but unless i start some serious tracking or become rich sometime soon not worth a $4000 conversion at this time for my needs.

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Does your pp1 have mag ride as well? Mine does. And i almost have the steeda catalog as well. Sway bars and end links are waiting to go on right now and then its pretty much camber arms/plates and k member all i have left. The mag rude was a big difference over non mag ride to me. Though it is really only based off a test drive.

Brakes on a gt350 are a sure step up even from the pp1 car but unless i start some serious tracking or become rich sometime soon not worth a $4000 conversion at this time for my needs.
No, I donā€™t have MAGA ride on the GT, but Iā€™ve driven a Mach 1 HP with it and the Gt350 still feels better.

VoodooIdo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Turbo GT350 and 93 Supercharged Lightning
This is laughable.

A stock A10 5.0 will beat or tie a stock gt350/r in a straight line. this is pretty damn well documented.

Last time I was at the drag strip I witnessed a 350 trapping 113 mph. Sad.
Dude canā€™t drive
This is laughable.

Last time I was at the drag strip I witnessed a 350

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Interesting, so what's your excuse?

Judging by your avatar, you haven't won any races in at least 3 years lmaooooo
Look I get it, you enjoy being a troll. But if your serious, lets meet at Road America or Watkins Glen or, VIR and lets see if you mouth matches your driving skills

Sponsored

GT-DM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Redd
Vehicle(s)
GT500 & other heaps
It's not about the swap.
It's about the reason your even considering the swap?

Do you hav reason to believe the flat crank mill has little miles left it her @ 12k?

Cuz that is likely the only reason someone who likes or loves there gt350, would part with it.
Other than for a s550 gt500 perhaps. šŸ˜†

Or u drag race alot?

I think u can repair the gt350 engine in future cheaper, vs the loss you will incur in value of your current machine.

If you're a fan of drag racing. & do that a lot. U may actually enjoy the 10 speed slush-o-matic a bit more, if you like putting up consistent #'s on the board.

But overall, U better really want the few things this GT 5.0 has to offer over your Gt350. Very few.
Or just pass. I thk u can find this same swap in a yr or 2 just as easily w/an ad online.
Ur not trading up....
Not from a 30k ft elevation looking dwnward,
upon this idea/swap.

Maybe u know something about your own car we do not know?
Otherwise, keep the Shelby.
A10 - 5.0s are dime a dozen. Fast & fun. Yes.
Not gt350 even w/needing a new short block 1 day is worth the loss.
Now, get a Gt500 on the hook for a swap!
& u got somethin.

Keep ur Gt350 unless ur circumstances are much different than pple thk. Only you know that answer. šŸ˜

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Whatever youā€™re smoking must be friggin good stuff !

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Look I get it, you enjoy being a troll. But if your serious, lets meet at Road America or Watkins Glen or, VIR and lets see if you mouth matches your driving skills
lol. Just as soon as you meet me at Irwindale or Bakersfield.

I'll even remove the turbos to make it fair.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
So the answer is no. Big surprise.
don't put words in my mouth, cathy. you have this tendency of going off half cocked and assuming everyone else does. at bestyou're a hypocrite, at worst your wrong assumptions have lead you to wrong conclusions.

furthermore, you're acting like a woman who's meatloaf has been insulted. its unflattering.

its a flippin motor, dude. no car is perfect. quit being emotional about a powerplant.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.