Sponsored

Tell me im an idiot for considering this... trade gt350r for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
The GT350 is more in line with the ethos of the 2000 Cobra R than the terminators.
^^^this. I would throw in the original 65 and 66 GT350 soul as well. It's hard to explain the feeling driving a GT350 as it is just different. Not knocking any other model at all or making comparisons to other models.
Sponsored

Deleted member 13861

This is a pretty good vid about what makes a GT 350 and 350 R unique and track oriented. Some of the parts are on the New Mach 1 which makes it a better car as well. Watch "2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang Informational Disc" on YouTube

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Nope. You'd be bored in a week. I also really dislike how Roush configures their uprated GT's, there's a lot of room for improvement.
this. the A10 is the worst part of the deal. the voodoo engine is a novelty/experiment/mistake but the rest of the car is solid and beautiful where as a roush automatic will be solid everywhere but the slushbox would probably be really boring in comparison.

the shelby will increase in value while the other car will depreciate. there's really no comparison.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Just realized OP's car is an R, and not a regular GT350.

I might consider that trade if I was a "base" GT350 owner. If you don't track them, they are dogs --the power delivery sucks on the street. Further, we could start a whole thread on the vibrations.

Roush charged Mustang GT would destroy either one (350 or 350R) but the R is a special car and will command a premium now and decades to come.

I would absolutely not trade an R for the Roush.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Just realized OP's car is an R, and not a regular GT350.

I might consider that trade if I was a "base" GT350 owner. If you don't track them, they are dogs --the power delivery sucks on the street. Further, we could start a whole thread on the vibrations.

Roush charged Mustang GT would destroy either one (350 or 350R) but the R is a special car and will command a premium now and decades to come.

I would absolutely not trade an R for the Roush.
Agreed on the bold. My one and only drive in an R had me thinking that if any car needed a 4.56 ring and pinion from the factory, this is it.

But no way in hell would I make this swap for the obvious reasons.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It seems like the people who say they are not fun on the street usually don't own them or have not had enough time behind the wheel of one to understand that, like many unique cars, they need to be driven a particular way to enjoy them. Keep the revs up, is all I can say. The torque everyone appreciates at low RPM seems useful taking off from a light but that's 100% not what this car is about. If it's the low end grunt everyone is after, then EVs kill all of these cars.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I do not think you're an idiot. But maybe you're just bored with your GT350 at this time and are looking for something to get that thrill back. As awesome as the GT350 is and as high above a supercharged GT it might be, there is still that thrill of extreme acceleration that a supercharged GT will deliver that a GT350 can't. Along with those instant shifts from an A10 that you can't get in the GT350. Plus you'd have the option of modding it even more without worrying about decreasing the value or losing the warranty and having to pay buttloads of money in repairs should something fail. So I can see why the offer would be tempting. My suggestion would be to drive the other car in question and then think about it. If you feel that the GT offers enough acceleration to give you that thrill that you no longer get in your Shelby, then it might be a good idea to switch. Afterall the main reason for these cars is personal enjoyment. But if you just don't feel like it is worth it, then hold on to your Shelby. And maybe consider buying an older used GT with high mileage at a cheap price and then tinker with it.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Do it. You shouldn't be allowed to own a 350 being that you considered this. lol

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I do not think you're an idiot. But maybe you're just bored with your GT350 at this time and are looking for something to get that thrill back. As awesome as the GT350 is and as high above a supercharged GT it might be, there is still that thrill of extreme acceleration that a supercharged GT will deliver that a GT350 can't. Along with those instant shifts from an A10 that you can't get in the GT350. Plus you'd have the option of modding it even more without worrying about decreasing the value or losing the warranty and having to pay buttloads of money in repairs should something fail. So I can see why the offer would be tempting. My suggestion would be to drive the other car in question and then think about it. If you feel that the GT offers enough acceleration to give you that thrill that you no longer get in your Shelby, then it might be a good idea to switch. Afterall the main reason for these cars is personal enjoyment. But if you just don't feel like it is worth it, then hold on to your Shelby. And maybe consider buying an older used GT with high mileage at a cheap price and then tinker with it.
You must be the guy trying to trade him.

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
and I agree there is no real “Shelby” pedigree to this car. But in my opinion, it most closely follows his original vision of the first mustangs he ever modified, and the fact that the GT350R-C won championship it’s first year of competing (2016) adds to this legacy.
[/QUOTE]

There is more Shelby in this car then any of you know. The decision to have Ford produce the GT350 came directly from Carroll. The people who work at Ford worked for Carroll. They knew it had to be good. From a buddy who worked with Carroll, "no one dared to tell Carroll the Ford produced Shelbys were not "real" Shelbys unless they hated working for him.

Maybe OP is tired of losing stop light races?
Doubtful, he's an adult

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
For me that voodoo motor and tremec transmission is the best part of a gt350. Other than that what makes them so "special"? They aren't a real shelby car afterall. Now, carbon fiber wheels alone are ludicrously expensive enough to warrant not getting rid of but at the same time as expensive as they are i would be affraid to drive with them anywhere other than a race track. I would have a panic attack with every pot hole or rail road track i seen.

Not a jab at the gt350 guys at all, i just dont get why they are worth the price and stealership price gouge on top. Outside of a intoxicating exhaust note and better transmission.
The Mustang Shelby GT350R is better than any Shelby American tweaked factory Mustang that comes out of its Vegas shop. It may not be faster in a straight line, but the GT350R has many, many hours of more development just in chassis/suspension tuning than any Shelby American car has in total. Shelby American slaps parts on a GT or GT500 and a bunch of logos or stickers and gives it a SA number. Big whoop. The Ford Performance team develops and tunes the Shelby cars to work holistically as a unit. No comparison.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
The Mustang Shelby GT350R is better than any Shelby American tweaked factory Mustang that comes out of its Vegas shop. It may not be faster in a straight line, but the GT350R has many, many hours of more development just in chassis/suspension tuning than any Shelby American car has in total. Shelby American slaps parts on a GT or GT500 and a bunch of logos or stickers and gives it a SA number. Big whoop. The Ford Performance team develops and tunes the Shelby cars to work holistically as a unit. No comparison.
That is also incorrect. Shelby engineers their cars and tests the crap out of them on track

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Some guy with a 21 a10 stage 3 roush and 400 miles on odometer wants to trade straight across for my 19 gt350r with 12k miles on it lol

Am I fool for telling him no?
Saying yes would make you a fool........... ;-)

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
You must be the guy trying to trade him.
Nope. I'm the guy who realizes that sometimes facts and figures and numbers do not always line up with passion and thrill. Despite how amazing the GT350 is, it will not have that adrenaline rush of a supercharged GT at WOT from a roll. Unless you throw a blower on it that is. And it could be that despite all the GT350 has to offer, OP just might not be thrilled by it anymore. It takes nothing away from the Shelby. It just means that after some time of ownership a person might want something different even if it can be found in a lower trim. We buy these cars and spend money on them because of that excitement. When it no longer excites, that is when it is time to move on. That is all I can say for this scenario. I wish OP the best in his endeavors and I hope either he can rekindle the excitement that he may have lost or find it elsewhere. That is, if this is the root cause in the first place. Adios.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.