TC on tuner? That can block enleanment?

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
I have my blower turned down as far as it will go. BMR uppers and Viking doubles, P305 Nitto NT05s and the car is evil....it will step completely out like nuts out.
My tuner is having difficulty tuning the car with TC for the 90% of the time it wont have a drag radial...in 3rd its using enleanment to try to control traction ( when it's not even spinning that bad felts fairly connected ) vs just closing throttle actual....I'd like it to do anything other than lean out at max boost/rpm, honestly don't know how the engine is alive based on my outdated knowledgebase.....0.97 lambda and full boost/rpm....
What makes the pcm even think this is a good way to control traction, I guess its tables are setup for NA and it's not quite as bad?
If you lift I'm told that bad for the a10 and it also take it's out of power enrichment as well....if you gas it and pull to much timing the secondary ringland breaks.....if you shift to early in rpm the resulting boost spike on the 2-3 at that low of a shift recovery rpm instantly breaks the engine multiple times....rattle and full knock retard......

Really Really wish they made a 10% lower...I cant put a larger pulley on the blower or I would...I never wanted a race car and have had many well above this horsepower level ( and used boost per gear, boost vs time, timing per gear, afr per gear even but on this engines gassing them down and pulling timing didnt pop the secondary ring land ) just cant seem to get this car down the street....once it spins its immediately up on top of the pavement then will suddenly out of nowhere, exit ditch left....

I do have cradle lockout, vertical links, and Steeda IRS alignment bushings to get installed and plan to do a drag race alignment...hopefully I can keep it in it's own lane after those mods...TC on is leaning out killing engine, off its jumping lanes killing me and we are talking top of 3rd...with 3.15s and a 27.5 tire..so rolling good....sometimes it will literally just push diagonally over left ( it's always left even when the road isnt concave) and you know if I hit the brakes and that left front digs in I'm done....hehe..kinda got to ride it out slowly when it does that.....

To much power and torque are good problems I suppose, just wonder if anyone else has dealt with it on 3rd gen, 2650tvs dont play for mid range torque...especially when the air is getting out....and in....its just a precarious balance on tune with gen 3 coyote on 93 with boost....

Used to would absolutely lol at someone making this post and tell em to man up I mean my other cars required being on that wheel your never fully connected to get up the street but this one is treacherous haha....tuner says cant turn it off the going lean part of the TC...just wondering if I am alone in this issue.....I dont want to run a drag pack 24/7...

Thanks
Sponsored

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
I have my blower turned down as far as it will go. BMR uppers and Viking doubles, P305 Nitto NT05s and the car is evil....it will step completely out like nuts out.
My tuner is having difficulty tuning the car with TC for the 90% of the time it wont have a drag radial...in 3rd its using enleanment to try to control traction ( when it's not even spinning that bad felts fairly connected ) vs just closing throttle actual....I'd like it to do anything other than lean out at max boost/rpm, honestly don't know how the engine is alive based on my outdated knowledgebase.....0.97 lambda and full boost/rpm....
What makes the pcm even think this is a good way to control traction, I guess its tables are setup for NA and it's not quite as bad?
If you lift I'm told that bad for the a10 and it also take it's out of power enrichment as well....if you gas it and pull to much timing the secondary ringland breaks.....if you shift to early in rpm the resulting boost spike on the 2-3 at that low of a shift recovery rpm instantly breaks the engine multiple times....rattle and full knock retard......

Really Really wish they made a 10% lower...I cant put a larger pulley on the blower or I would...I never wanted a race car and have had many well above this horsepower level ( and used boost per gear, boost vs time, timing per gear, afr per gear even but on this engines gassing them down and pulling timing didnt pop the secondary ring land ) just cant seem to get this car down the street....once it spins its immediately up on top of the pavement then will suddenly out of nowhere, exit ditch left....

I do have cradle lockout, vertical links, and Steeda IRS alignment bushings to get installed and plan to do a drag race alignment...hopefully I can keep it in it's own lane after those mods...TC on is leaning out killing engine, off its jumping lanes killing me and we are talking top of 3rd...with 3.15s and a 27.5 tire..so rolling good....sometimes it will literally just push diagonally over left ( it's always left even when the road isnt concave) and you know if I hit the brakes and that left front digs in I'm done....hehe..kinda got to ride it out slowly when it does that.....

To much power and torque are good problems I suppose, just wonder if anyone else has dealt with it on 3rd gen, 2650tvs dont play for mid range torque...especially when the air is getting out....and in....its just a precarious balance on tune with gen 3 coyote on 93 with boost....

Used to would absolutely lol at someone making this post and tell em to man up I mean my other cars required being on that wheel your never fully connected to get up the street but this one is treacherous haha....tuner says cant turn it off the going lean part of the TC...just wondering if I am alone in this issue.....I dont want to run a drag pack 24/7...

Thanks
The only thing I can think of would be to switch to a motel or another ECU with advanced TC, otherwise you'll have to unplug the nanny plug by the airbox.

I have this same problem, it's annoying.

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
The only thing I can think of would be to switch to a motel or another ECU with advanced TC, otherwise you'll have to unplug the nanny plug by the airbox.

I have this same problem, it's annoying.
Dude you dont know how good it feels to hear that one is not insane.....I was just looking at motec....in fact I been like damn, I have a sponsorship with MS3 Pro they owe me an ECU...I was literally just going to see if they cant drive a coyote...
I mean its MAF based sure but i literally, in the 67's trunk have a 2.5 bar 1/8th NPT map sensor spare ( I tapped an 1/8th inch into my street ram we converter to MPI for my BBC so that's what I use already) map sensor I could put in the existing port of the blower and if it could drive the digital tb ( or replace it ) and I'm pretty sure they can do the VCT now it could be up....I may not be able to use the A10 off the bat but I have 2 spare 4l80e ( plus one in the 67 ) and they have shown to hold over 1000hp with my 3970lb car footbraking 1.37-1
46 forever so it would hold this easy.....
If I could get the trans controlled somehow via the can bus system ( I mean isnt the TCM inside the A10) I'd do it for sure but at this point especially when its taking 6-7 seconds now to go from R to Drive and shift flare on light throttle bad.....We could build that 4l80e up nice cheaper than the A10 including a stall and its just a turbo 400 with an OD and lockup converter....I could save half the money of an A10 stall and rebuild....
I'm starting after 3 engines and now probably a trans in my first year of ownership to get REAL annoyed.......

One thing that would help if Edelbrock god love em, they have a $917 2 piece harmonic balancer with the separate outer ring but its 15 over only...I can't buy a 10 for it...that would he the ticket....then during spring summer fall race season I could probably swap that in 30 mins with fresh belt....the entire time I run the drag pack......
Innovators west has a 10 over outer 8 rib coyote balancer for less than 600 I guess I could do that.......but dang......its funny when your like um all I want is my car usable I'm not wanting to be set on WW3 as my best friend used to call it when I'd pulley down the old procharger...."oh shit he is going to WW3 on mythical nemesis who actually likes you but you need to hate to fuel this work and money your spending" yes my best friend it brutal it made me a better person hehe.....

I'm thinking ( especially if I have to buy innovators west balancer ) I should have went with a D1x turning ass slow as possible...peak horse power following the gen 3 natural curve and unloading boost on the shift....with a prayer of hooking...

Anyone want to trade me one for this literally 2 badass of a blower system plus tuner?

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
You ever figure this out? I might have…but I’ve only been able to look at the stock, Whipple, roush, and gt500 tunes, not the edelbrock.

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
You ever figure this out? I might have…but I’ve only been able to look at the stock, Whipple, roush, and gt500 tunes, not the edelbrock.
I can send you a stage one Edelbrock file if that helps.
Sponsored