Tall guys

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Now that the car has been in the hands of real people over the past few months and me watering at the mouth for when they'll final be available in the UK, can anyone who is on the taller size of average let me know what the car is like to sit in and drive long distances in please?

I'm 6'5" and 210lbs, there are definitely cars that I've sat in that have been quite uncomfortable, especially for long distances so i'm hoping the new Mustang will offer a place to relax and enjoy 200 miles of open road without being such a pain in the neck.

Can you also let me know if you have the recaro seats or the normal seats, not that I believe the recaros are an option in the UK?
Sponsored

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
Now that the car has been in the hands of real people over the past few months and me watering at the mouth for when they'll final be available in the UK, can anyone who is on the taller size of average let me know what the car is like to sit in and drive long distances in please?

I'm 6'5" and 210lbs, there are definitely cars that I've sat in that have been quite uncomfortable, especially for long distances so i'm hoping the new Mustang will offer a place to relax and enjoy 200 miles of open road without being such a pain in the neck.

Can you also let me know if you have the recaro seats or the normal seats, not that I believe the recaros are an option in the UK?
I am assuming youre talking about leg room? If so I am 6'3 and have plenty of leg room and could get more if I put the seat all the way back. My brother is 6'4 and fits just fine. As far as long trips are concerned, I havent taken any 200 mile trips, but I dont think it would be an issue. As for the Recaros that depends on how wide your back is. I think they are pretty narrow and dont fit well in them so I have the standard seats.

Last edited:

bislag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT w/PP
Matt Farah is a pretty big guy that has a few 2015 Mustang reviews that should answer your question. Can find them on the smoking tire YouTube page as one takes. Just recommending this because he's driving both of them with a helmet on.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
I'm 6'4" and 195 lbs so similar in build/height. I fit fine. The wheel telescopes far enough to be comfortable and the seat (premium heated/cooled) fits good as well.
I've sat in the Recaros and they're really nice as well. Would be a shame if they aren't offered in the UK.

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
6'3" 190 and no issues... well, unless I try to sit in the back seat for "fun".

Wait, that didn't sound right. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Thank you everyone, that is all very reassuring. I'll have a look later at the Matt Farah videos as well when I get home from work.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
6'2" 215, standard seats. Plenty of room for big and tall guys, although no one will be sitting in the back seat behind you. My longest trip has been one hour, but this is not your father's Mustang. I could see myself easily doing 4-5 hours or more with no problem. One small issue: I wish the telescoping steering wheel had more adjustment(only about 4")

Edit: I measured, just two inches of movement...not much at all.

Last edited:

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
6'3" 190 and no issues... well, unless I try to sit in the back seat for "fun".

Wait, that didn't sound right. :)
For some reason I was picturing the scene from Police Academy where Mahoney was teaching Hightower how to drive in the super sub compact... :)

[ame]

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
6'2" and the seat isn't all the way back or down.

The easy entry/exit will be your friend though. I turned it on and love it now.

Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
6'4" 195 lbs. No Issues. Enough space I have full range of motion and positioning the seat gives enough room to comfortably reach shifter too. If you get a manual do not plan on using the cup holders. While they work for average size people your elbow will rest right over the back one shifting into 2nd and 4th (rhd)

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
The easy entry/exit will be your friend though. I turned it on and love it now.
Preach. What an awesome feature for the tall guys.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm a little wider (6'4" 230) and the seats are too narrow for me, but there is plenty of leg room. The dash is revised from the last model Mustang to also provide more room there.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
6'4", 240. I am long in the torso and have to recline the seat more than I like to keep my head off the roof. Base seats.

I have a set of Recaro's that will be going in as soon as low, aftermarket mounts hit the market.

LHousePhoto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lhousephotography.com
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium - Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm 6'4" (193 cm) and 320-330 pounds (145 - 150kg) depending on what I had for lunch. I fit better in a 2015 Mustang than I do in a Hyundai Genesis Coupe which is listed as having more head room. I also have an afro, that adds another 5 1/5 = 6 inches (14 15.25 cm). I do not fit into the drivers seat of a Miata or Honda S2000, hell I can't sit in the passengers seat of an S2000, I am not wanting for leg room in the Mustang.

My other car is a Mercury Milan V6 (Mondeo ST220) the Mustang is wider inside, I can rest my arm on the door arm rest OR window sill and keep my hand on the wheel of the Milan/Mondeo, but not the Mustang, the whole door is maybe 2 - 3 inches further away.

For good measure I just checked my inseam, 35.5 inches (90 cm). So yeah, I need leg room.

Edit for more info: Also my hair does not hit the ceiling in a Mustang, it's pushed down a few inches in the 'more head room' having Genesis.
Sponsored