Take a listen

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
been noticing this buzzing noise for a while and have no clue to what it is or could be I’m not sure if I recall it happening with the stock exhaust but I’m not sure it appears to be in the gauge cluster area. https://www.dropbox.com/s/42uafd80spqy1iu/IMG_1678.MOV?dl=0 Only at 3k rpms never above or below from what I can tell I could just turn the radio up but sometimes I like to cruise and just hear the car what should I do? Warranty is fully intact but I’m not sure if the dealer would waste their time with such a thing
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If it bothers you, take it in and ask them to look at it. That's the joy of having a warranty. You don't have to try and diagnose any issues yourself, you don't have to wonder what it could be or if you caused the issue. You just take it to the dealer and let them figure it out.

My first guess was going to be the dash itself rattling but that sounds like something outside of the cabin.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
If it bothers you, take it in and ask them to look at it. That's the joy of having a warranty. You don't have to try and diagnose any issues yourself, you don't have to wonder what it could be or if you caused the issue. You just take it to the dealer and let them figure it out.

My first guess was going to be the dash itself rattling but that sounds like something outside of the cabin.
Outside of the cabin as in what? Because when I put my ear close to the dash it’s very audible. I’m actually taking it into the dealer Tuesday for an issue I’m having with my driver window so I will mention it when I drop it off

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
It’s very strange I can hear the same sort of noise from my right back muffler area it’s like they emit the sort of same sound at the same time.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Sounds like the piston slap noise others have had. Yours looked to start around 2500 rpms

Sponsored

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Can you show me a video where somebody else car with piston slap sounds just like mine

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Do a search. That rattle is pretty common.
I have and nothing sounds like it. It sounds like a typical ford quality buzz/dash rattle from loud exhaust when my motor is fully warm it is dead silent from the outside I have had the car since January no issues whatsoever if you have a video or someone car that sounds like mine with that buzzing I would like to hear it please I’m at work and don’t have time to dive into the forums looking for it

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
I am on a cell phone but will find some threads for u later. I think it’s the rattle others have judging by the video u posted

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I am on a cell phone but will find some threads for u later. I think it’s the rattle others have judging by the video u posted
The more I listen to it it’s definitely a buzz like something rubbing something else like a heat shield or exhaust clamp I had the mbrp race exhaust which was super droney but have now switched corsa xtreme I don’t recall having it with the stock exhaust

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Pretty Positive piston slap is only heard at idle as well, my motor makes no noise at idle and hasn’t since day 1 even after first oil change