Sponsored

Rattles in a new 19 GT, where to take to fix?

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
My car has just hit 3k miles and the center console and both headliner sides rattle like a tin of pennies at any speed. Its maddening and unacceptable for a new $40k car

The dealership has made excuses about rattles being normal, then grudgingly said they would "fix" them, the car is now much worse than before their "fix" - so who do I take it to to fix the noise? Would a good indie bodyshop be able to take care of this? I fear any other dealerships would be equally terrible and likely just hit the car interior until it temp stopped rattling and call it a fix
Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
If the dealership has of been little help, I would take it to a reputable indie shop. Ask them if they are willing to do this kind of work so you are not disappointed if they cannot deliver. Good luck. My 2018 GT started to rattle and creak from 4 different places around 1300 miles and it's a crap show in cheap quality.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
An auto upholstery/interior restoration shop might be the way to go. Anybody with experience tearing apart the cars and quieting them down should be able to figure it out. There are a lot of pieces that just seem to loosen if you take them out one time and it's hard to get them all to seat 100% the way they should so felt tape or some 3M double sided might be necessary to hold them where they should be.

Probably going to cost quite a bit though because it takes time to chase down exactly where the issue is coming from AND figure out to how adequately address it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The headliner is held up by magnets. Press around the headliner and make sure the magnets are secured to the roof - it’s possible 1 or a couple are not making complete contact with the roof and regular NVH harmonics from the car is causing the loose magnet to rattle on the roof shell.
Sponsored