Not open for further replies.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
OK I should be posting the 2019 bezel (and possibly a 2018 with heated seat buttons) in the 6g classifieds on Wednesday or Thursday.
Sponsored

hipporo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Koji
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 RubyRed
I have a question.
I swapped to Sync3 on my 17 base GT while back, and used Premium Bezel with heat/cool seat buttons. I was able to find a Premium Bezel from Shelby GT without heat/cool seat buttons on ebay. The bezel has black toggle switches with "LC" and "exhaust cartoon". I guess it is from 18 Shelby since it has a CD slot opening. The part number is FR3V-18E245-BB. I installed the bezel today, and those two toggles are not working. I thought they can be use to change "steering wheel mode" and "driving mode" as old one did, but they are not working at all. All other buttons/toggles are working fine. Do I need to re-modify the codes using FORscan? or this bezel does not control them?
TIA!

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question.
I swapped to Sync3 on my 17 base GT while back, and used Premium Bezel with heat/cool seat buttons. I was able to find a Premium Bezel from Shelby GT without heat/cool seat buttons on ebay. The bezel has black toggle switches with "LC" and "exhaust cartoon". I guess it is from 18 Shelby since it has a CD slot opening. The part number is FR3V-18E245-BB. I installed the bezel today, and those two toggles are not working. I thought they can be use to change "steering wheel mode" and "driving mode" as old one did, but they are not working at all. All other buttons/toggles are working fine. Do I need to re-modify the codes using FORscan? or this bezel does not control them?
TIA!
Gt350 bezel toggles won't work in GT

Kasych14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550
I dunno. I thought I could just copy stuff from a premium mustang. My bad. I reset all changes to factory as built.

How do you tune the APIM? I thought I can only change stuff like sat radio, startup logo, things like that.

how did you reset it back to fatory as built data

Sponsored

wangfuco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP
how did you reset it back to fatory as built data
I copy-pasted the factory as-built I backed up. However one bit stayed modified because it's write-once. Forscan locked that write-once bit after several of us blew up the BCM because of that.

726-22-02 xxxx x*xx xxxx Slave Exists SCL (Steering Column Lock) Cfg. Changing that would burn your BCM and flash the dome light on and off.

Kasych14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550
I copy-pasted the factory as-built I backed up. However one bit stayed modified because it's write-once. Forscan locked that write-once bit after several of us blew up the BCM because of that.

726-22-02 xxxx x*xx xxxx Slave Exists SCL (Steering Column Lock) Cfg. Changing that would burn your BCM and flash the dome light on and off.

MY PROBLEM IS I HAD THE DIFFERENT BACKSPLASH WHEN THEY UPDATED SYNC, SO IT TOOK MY NAV AWAY

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Just finished my Sync 3 upgrade programming today with Forscan on my 2018 and wanted to share some notes:

1) The OBDLinkEX laptop to car connector recommended by Forscan was worth the $42 on Amazon. Very fast communication with the car.

2) Rather than changing the APIM as-built hex codes, I used the plain APIM module and there is a drop-down box for selecting your splash screen. It works, but for some reason my car still displays the generic Ford blue oval splash at shutdown.

3) When enabling the drive modes, first you have to program 760-02-02 in the ABS as-built module. The codes I found in this forum were xxxx 7xxx, but when I opened the module, the code available to change was xxxx xxxx xxxx (an extra set of 4 digits). I changed the 2nd group and it worked so the code change should actually be xxxx 7xxx xxxx. (I still had to make the change in IPC 720-06-01 to xxxx xxxx x8xx after changing ABS).

4) I added a Sirius XM-capable radio when I did the swap, but it wasn't listed in the available sources. To enable it, I added 2 in hexadecimal to my original setting in APIM 7D0-01-01. Originally mine read 0xxx xxxx xxxx, and I changed it to 2xxx xxxx xxxx and it worked.

5) My rear camera didn't work after the swap. My screen just displayed a cartoon of the top of a car, and would show the rear parking aid sensors on the cartoon changing colors when I got close to something. In plain APIM (not APIM as-built) there was a selection for rear camera that I changed from disable to enable and it works now.

Good luck guys!

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Also thought an updated parts list for 2018 cars might help, this is what I used:

Ford SYNC 3 module (APIM) with touchscreen: $240 from 6G member P6CL: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...lent-condition-240.129244/page-2#post-2752156

Replacement radio bezel: $325

Ford Replacement Media Hub HU5Z-19A387-B $65.97 from AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake

Bezel to Hub USB Cable FR3Z-14D202-B and APIM to Hub cable FR3Z-14D202-A: $49.40 delivered from AutoNation Ford

Under dash, retrofit GPS antenna (Required - existing antenna NOT compatible): $49.99 delivered from 4dTech

Custom Main wiring harness. $163 from Hellhorse Performance ($198 with a $35 Mustang6G member discount)

I also wanted to upgrade my car to have satellite radio so I bought:

Sirius NGVA3 Antenna with Fakra adapter: $33.36 delivered from Amazon

ACM (Audio Control Module): $66.36 on Ebay

hope this helps!

maz00r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patryk
Vehicle(s)
s550 base 3.7
Guys, i just swapped sync 1 to sync 3 and have following issues:
- buttons on steering wheel doesn't work
- climate controlling from sync level doesn't work

Any advices? Will be very gratefull.

Sponsored

Kasych14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550
MY PROBLEM IS I HAD THE DIFFERENT BACKSPLASH WHEN THEY UPDATED SYNC, SO IT TOOK MY NAV AWAY
Same problem here, and now I cant get it back or cant load my factory as built. It acts like it takes it but the nav isnt there and the ford logo only shows not the stang

MustangNewbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have an Aussie 2019 GT, these are all premium, I'd like to swap the Volume and Tune controls on the bezel because Ford were too arrogant to convert fully to RHD. For this I need a pin assignment list. I found one on this thread but the image was too small and too blurred to read. Does anyone have a readable image of the pinouts? Please :)

agolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I just did an upgrade today and ran into an issues with my Forscan not connecting to my car to configure it. any recommendations?

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of adapter? Maybe un-install Forscan and them re-install. Maybe delete your vehicle profile in Forscan.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, i just swapped sync 1 to sync 3 and have following issues:
- buttons on steering wheel doesn't work
- climate controlling from sync level doesn't work

Any advices? Will be very gratefull.
You have to update your asbuilt in the APIM with Forscan, IDS or UCDS for your car's stuff to work.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.