Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
How much is a harness for the base to premium. Does it matter if it's sync 2 or 3 on the harness.
Sponsored

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Who has a source for the touchscreen brackets? I was told someone on here can get them made? Don't really want to buy another touchscreen or pay 4dtech $70 for the brackets.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
How much is a harness for the base to premium. Does it matter if it's sync 2 or 3 on the harness.
Yes his harness only works for base to sync 3 upgrades.

Does anyone know if I can retain my 2018 start stop button in the swap?
Yes you just pop it off and pop it into the other panel I'm pretty sure.

Jonahbonah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I’ve taken a look through most of the thread and will be tackling this in about a week or two. Just had one question so far. In regards to the terminals and connectors that I need to purchase I only need 1 JST connector , 2 JST terminals, 20 Tyco (aka TE) 1924955-3 terminals, and 22 gauge wire in different colors, as explained in the first post right? I saw a post about a different terminal but couldn’t find anything about it in the original post. I have a NAV APIM but will not be upgrading to a SAT or HD ACM. I’m also going straight from the 4” screen to sync 3.

Everything has been purchased and is being shipped right now! All together it came to be $460 for all the necessary supplies (nav included), so I’m pretty happy!

Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I’ve taken a look through most of the thread and will be tackling this in about a week or two. Just had one question so far. In regards to the terminals and connectors that I need to purchase I only need 1 JST connector , 2 JST terminals, 20 Tyco (aka TE) 1924955-3 terminals, and 22 gauge wire in different colors, as explained in the first post right? I saw a post about a different terminal but couldn’t find anything about it in the original post. I have a NAV APIM but will not be upgrading to a SAT or HD ACM. I’m also going straight from the 4” screen to sync 3.

Everything has been purchased and is being shipped right now! All together it came to be $460 for all the necessary supplies (nav included), so I’m pretty happy!
Where did you score the sync 3 so cheap?

Jonahbonah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
eBay. Just had to filter out all the units that appeared to be MFT over a few days of new postings. Didn’t even realize it was a NAV unit until after I purchased it and got the vin. Lol.
Car-part had the cheapest listings for the bezels, and I would recommend calling the locations that don’t have prices listed as they were able to negotiate on their already low prices.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I've bought them for as little as $100. Just have to know the right people or get lucky and have a salvage yard that doesn't understand or care what they are selling. This is why I always tell people to call salvage yards.

Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
eBay. Just had to filter out all the units that appeared to be MFT over a few days of new postings. Didn’t even realize it was a NAV unit until after I purchased it and got the vin. Lol.
Car-part had the cheapest listings for the bezels, and I would recommend calling the locations that don’t have prices listed as they were able to negotiate on their already low prices.
I've bought them for as little as $100. Just have to know the right people or get lucky and have a salvage yard that doesn't understand or care what they are selling. This is why I always tell people to call salvage yards.
Oh trust me. I've used car-part 100s of times. Scorced some good deals on Brembo Calipers.

It just seems every time I ask if they will send the APIM with the screen too. They get confused. So I'm worried I'm going to get something wrong.

I've looked on ebay but definitely haven't found any good deals.

Jonahbonah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
You can usually have them send a picture of the front/back of the unit after they pull the part to make sure it comes with the apim.

Hextall, any chance you’d be able to answer the question I posted earlier about the terminals?

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You can usually have them send a picture of the front/back of the unit after they pull the part to make sure it comes with the apim.

Hextall, any chance you’d be able to answer the question I posted earlier about the terminals?
You have PM, my new harness takes all of the worry and confusion out for those who are re-pinning. No more crimping or soldering. Just change your pins, insert the two (or three for TraveLink customers) mini harnesses that I send you and enjoy. For people that do not want to change pins my plug n play is the way to go. I'm also providing free programming data and instructions for the new harness as well as the 100% plug and play. Easier and cheaper for everyone!

Also, lots of questions about sourcing Sync 3 APIM/Touchscreens. I am working on something for people who are in need of help. Hope to have something soon.

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I find them on car-part usually but they have gotten to be hard. Parts farm always has nav units w/screen for $650 or non nav $450-550. You can get them there but they can be had cheaper. I got a nav APIM off an escape for $125 last week.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Also, lots of questions about sourcing Sync 3 APIM/Touchscreens. I am working on something for people who are in need of help. Hope to have something soon.
Yeah, what sucks I work the same times most of these salvage yards are open. lol I rarely have time to call them during work.

Some are open Saturdays though. Just most don't have what I'm looking for.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.