Sync 3 missing Android Auto

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Did you try the different phone with different cables?
Two different phones (granted same model phone, friend has same one). 3 different cables.
Sponsored

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Just out of curiosity, have you looked at the website that lists phones compatible with Sync 3?

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/all/phone/phones-compatible-with-sync.html
I have not, but again.... Sync3 in my fusion...has never given me any problems, with this same phone. PErhaps bottom line is it doesnt make sense. Looks like ill cut my time losses and head to Ford to bitch and complain.

Also, regardless of Phone Model, manufacturer, even OS its irrelevent to the basic standard functionality of the Sync3 system recognizing a USB storage device successfully via a flash drive, cell phone or other storage medium

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Yea just sounds like something is messed up, not sure how hard it is to get to your hub in the Fusion but maybe swap it into your Mustang and see if everything works? If thats the case then you just have to order a new hub instead of having to go to the dealer.

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Yea just sounds like something is messed up, not sure how hard it is to get to your hub in the Fusion but maybe swap it into your Mustang and see if everything works? If thats the case then you just have to order a new hub instead of having to go to the dealer.
This is the Hub I had to get with my Sync2 to Sync3 conversion in the fusion, would have to see if its a swappable part. The mustangs hub only has 1 USB where this one in the fusion has 2. So again not sure if it will even swap in physically or if the connectors are even the same, guess i could check. Getting it out of the fusion is easy, not sure if it comes out of the mustang as easily. Will have to look for a install pdf or something to see how it pops out in there.

https://www.4dtech.com/sync-3-usb-media-hub-w-apple-carplay-support/

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
This is the Hub I had to get with my Sync2 to Sync3 conversion in the fusion, would have to see if its a swappable part. The mustangs hub only has 1 USB where this one in the fusion has 2. So again not sure if it will even swap in physically or if the connectors are even the same, guess i could check. Getting it out of the fusion is easy, not sure if it comes out of the mustang as easily. Will have to look for a install pdf or something to see how it pops out in there.

https://www.4dtech.com/sync-3-usb-media-hub-w-apple-carplay-support/
you don't have to physically install it... just wire it up and try.

The 2-port USB module will wire up, but the front USB port won't be able to connect (the APIM only allows 2 connections).

Another thing to try is installing v2.3 again. ...but if you're sill under 36,000 miles in a 2016, go ahead and get the warranty work done before it's too late. BTW: does your backup camera work when it's freezing?

For future reference, "hub" is not the correct term. In fact, if you attempt to connect a USB hub to one of the ports (to connect a 3rd device) a screen prompt will tell you that "USB hubs are not supported".

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Dealer was uselss. Seemed like I knew more then the tech. Trying to tell me he did an upgrade to sync4...anyway, problem still exists. I then proceeded to have him let me get into a new mustang and I plugged my phone in, Wala....working how it should. He said he will call ford to see what the problem is why my mustang is not doing the same as I'd expect. Working mustang had new sync3 version installed as well.

xQlj4DR.jpg

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Dealer was uselss. Seemed like I knew more then the tech. Trying to tell me he did an upgrade to sync4...anyway, problem still exists. I then proceeded to have him let me get into a new mustang and I plugged my phone in, Wala....working how it should. He said he will call ford to see what the problem is why my mustang is not doing the same as I'd expect. Working mustang had new sync3 version installed as well.
It's damn frustrating when you're pretty sure you know more about a problem than the person whom you are paying to fix it. I know this is being covered under warranty, but you paid for the warranty when you bought the car, so you are paying for this lunkhead who tried to bulls---t you before having to call home to Mama because he doesn't know what he's doing. And I bet he didn't even apologize for lying to you.:frusty:

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Yes. Honestly the most frustrating part was when I knew of the bat he didn't know what he was talking about. Was trying to tell me if it's not working cause you need to add your phone. I told him Bluetooth has nothing to do with the issue at hand and to basically stfu. Then he proceeds to say well he doesn't know much about the system and all they give him is software and code stuff to follow

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
heres a dumb question but Im trying gather up info:

1. did you use the same cable that worked at the dealer as at home?
2. when attempting it at home is the screen unlocked when you connect it to usb?

Sponsored
OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Yes I kept all the variables the same. And tried both locked and unlocked

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Flashing 3.0 fixed it....

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Flashing 3.0 fixed it.... ����
Sounds like there was a corrupt file in the system somewhere. Seems like flashing the system should be a first step for troubleshooting at the dealer where they have ready access to that stuff.

Mustangford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have the same problem. You said flashing 3.0 fixed the problem. Sorry! but not every tech savvy . how do you flash 3.0 ?

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
syncmyride.com
Sponsored