Sponsored

Sync 3 missing Android Auto

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
USB flash drive worked fine with songs. Tried phone with 3 diff usb cables. Tried phone in safe mode. Cant be phone or cables.
tried the USB drive and phone in the same port?

The console port is first in the chain... directly connected to the APIM. The dash port is daisy chained through the console port... for as much sense as that makes.
Sponsored

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Yes I have both act the same

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Probably a dumb question but did you make sure your USB mode on the phone isnt on something like charge only? IIRC Android remembers the last connection mode for different devices.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
What phone are you using if I might ask? And to answer some previous doubts about AA options, yes, you do need to first connect the phone (for the first time), then you'll see an AA option. You also NEED to download the AA app on your phone as well for this to work. Also, there have been reports that phones other than Nexus/Pixel not working with AA, and the only solution is to try a different android phone to see if it's your phone that's causing the trouble. As for myself, I tried a Pixel 2 XL and had no problems at all, but the annoying thing for me is Google Play Music doesn't have loop or shuffle options, and can't even let me select albums, only playlists, so I'm using CarPlay now.

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Probably a dumb question but did you make sure your USB mode on the phone isnt on something like charge only? IIRC Android remembers the last connection mode for different devices.
It is on CHARGE ONLY which is always the default. I tried each mode just for shits and giggles

Sponsored

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
What phone are you using if I might ask? And to answer some previous doubts about AA options, yes, you do need to first connect the phone (for the first time), then you'll see an AA option. You also NEED to download the AA app on your phone as well for this to work. Also, there have been reports that phones other than Nexus/Pixel not working with AA, and the only solution is to try a different android phone to see if it's your phone that's causing the trouble. As for myself, I tried a Pixel 2 XL and had no problems at all, but the annoying thing for me is Google Play Music doesn't have loop or shuffle options, and can't even let me select albums, only playlists, so I'm using CarPlay now.
Pixel 2 XL

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Pixel 2 XL
Then it's probably not the phone's hardware problem, but you can always enable the developer option and toggle on off some usb related settings though I highly doubt it'll help, but doesn't hurt to try.

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Then it's probably not the phone's hardware problem, but you can always enable the developer option and toggle on off some usb related settings though I highly doubt it'll help, but doesn't hurt to try.

Tried USB debugging, no difference. Again ive said it a bunch, same phone, same cables, different car, Sync3 works just fine. Guess ill have to try a random phone before I call ford. Kinda really annoyed atthis. Just got this car, even if its some weird ass thing where it doesnt like just my phone....the fuck am i gonna solve that, not getting a new phone because Sync3 is a POS

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Pixel 2 XL
Have you tried a different phone? If you have a friend with an Android ask if you can use it for some testing.

You have to determine if the system in your car is capable of connecting to a phone via USB. If it can connect to another phone then you can go from there (reinstall AA on the phone and/or factory reset).

If the system won't connect to another Android phone then there is likely an issue with one of the components.

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
different android phone, same issue, nothing recognized. Hrm

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
different android phone, same issue, nothing recognized. Hrm
Time to start looking at wiring, did you use brand new Ford USB cables when you did the install? Go in and check to make sure everything is still securely connected between the hub and APIM.

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Time to start looking at wiring, did you use brand new Ford USB cables when you did the install? Go in and check to make sure everything is still securely connected between the hub and APIM.
I did nothing with an install. This 2016 EB stang was just bought with 5000k miles on it. It came with the Sync 3. The fact that the usb port recognized USB drives right away tells me that the cables and everything is connected securely, no?

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did nothing with an install. This 2016 EB stang was just bought with 5000k miles on it. It came with the Sync 3. The fact that the usb port recognized USB drives right away tells me that the cables and everything is connected securely, no?
Is it a premium or did the previous owner add it in? Honestly at this point why not take it to Ford and have them fix it under warranty?

OP
OP

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Is it a premium or did the previous owner add it in? Honestly at this point why not take it to Ford and have them fix it under warranty?
Its a premium. Honestly sounds like maybe thats what Id have to do. Was trying to avoid that due to time and scheduling inconvenience. Was hoping for it to be something simple\stupid.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Its a premium. Honestly sounds like maybe thats what Id have to do. Was trying to avoid that due to time and scheduling inconvenience. Was hoping for it to be something simple\stupid.
Did you try the different phone with different cables?
Sponsored