Sponsored

sync 3 has been jailbroken

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
What does this mean? What changes can be done? As of now it doesn’t seem like anything I’d be interested in without knowing the info on what jailbreaks does to a sync 3

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
What does this mean? What changes can be done? As of now it doesn’t seem like anything I’d be interested in without knowing the info on what jailbreaks does to a sync 3
Changing the background/look without Forscan + even more customization options there is probably a start. Possibly access some toggles for buttons in developer mode/that Ford disabled (could I somehow make the heated steering wheel button on the main HVAC controls screen?). That said I'd jailbreak my phone back in the days when I had more free time, but these days it's too much hassle for minor fixes. Jailbreaking my car sounds like a big problem waiting to happen.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Eh. I don’t support jailbreaks. Older days was cool to tether devices on iPhone but now the phone from Apple does everything I need, jailbreaking lost it’s support as the os matured.

That being said, my hesdunit does everything that i want it to do. Can’t say I’d jailbreak it myself. Seems pointless other than someone wanting those small things and risking bricking the sync 3

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Eh. I don’t support jailbreaks. Older days was cool to tether devices on iPhone but now the phone from Apple does everything I need, jailbreaking lost it’s support as the os matured.

That being said, my hesdunit does everything that i want it to do. Can’t say I’d jailbreak it myself. Seems pointless other than someone wanting those small things and risking bricking the sync 3
I just like that it means you could in theory upload photos of your own car or that you like for a new background. Perhaps even a custom theme, depending on how the OS works and the rights that you gain.