John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP

Desmondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB Premium w/201A,NAV,CC,RPA,ESP
Can we update via WiFi in the 2016 models? Or USB only?

Brice80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium PP
Sweet, I registered my car and just need to run that diagnostic check before installing (Once I get a USB).

My question is - when sync releases the update that lets the phone mirror on to the screen, will we be able to get that with 2015 models?

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Can we update via WiFi in the 2016 models? Or USB only?
This update is for 2015 Sync with My Ford Touch not for 2016 Sync 3 :).

Sponsored

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet, I registered my car and just need to run that diagnostic check before installing (Once I get a USB).

My question is - when sync releases the update that lets the phone mirror on to the screen, will we be able to get that with 2015 models?
I highly doubt it. The Sync 3 system was designed with Apple Car and Android Auto in mind. Our systems probably won't ever see this feature.

mpwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Vert, '92 911 Cabrio
Just installed - bit of a glitch with my Mac - usb formatting I think. Did the whole thing via a pc laptop, installed just as advertised. Haven't had a chance to see the changes yet, but will update when I do.

Brice80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicle(s)
I highly doubt it. The Sync 3 system was designed with Apple Car and Android Auto in mind. Our systems probably won't ever see this feature.
that really pisses me off, as i opted for no nav for that reason. I like waze:):headbang:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
that really pisses me off, as i opted for no nav for that reason. I like waze:):headbang:
2015 MFT is never ever going to get updated. There is no reason for Ford to do it and they are not going to unless magically there's a serious flaw they are forced to fix.

Brice80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicle(s)
2015 MFT is never ever going to get updated. There is no reason for Ford to do it and they are not going to unless magically there's a serious flaw they are forced to fix.
Nice car, I've got the same one. Honestly, if this is the worst symptom of buying a first year gen car, I'm perfectly OK with that:headbang:. Could be a lot worse, like moving to a new engine ('10-'11 yikes):headbonk:.

Hopefully something doesn't go wrong, but would be nice if someone hacked the software and made the update possible for us 2015 owners:cheers:

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Nice car, I've got the same one. Honestly, if this is the worst symptom of buying a first year gen car, I'm perfectly OK with that:headbang:. Could be a lot worse, like moving to a new engine ('10-'11 yikes):headbonk:.

Hopefully something doesn't go wrong, but would be nice if someone hacked the software and made the update possible for us 2015 owners:cheers:
Just being realistic - hardware is different and platform was essentially abandoned. Other piece of it is - they trying to motivate people to buy new models by introducing new infotainment systems - which - by looking at a part of '16 crowd - totally works.

Brice80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicle(s)
Just being realistic - hardware is different and platform was essentially abandoned. Other piece of it is - they trying to motivate people to buy new models by introducing new infotainment systems - which - by looking at a part of '16 crowd - totally works.
Oh no I totally agree, and I'm sure they'll make good money by doing that. Just waiting for someone to make it possible to mirror our phones on sync2, wonder if that'll ever happen.

OP
OP

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
Oh no I totally agree, and I'm sure they'll make good money by doing that. Just waiting for someone to make it possible to mirror our phones on sync2, wonder if that'll ever happen.
It already has.

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed - bit of a glitch with my Mac - usb formatting I think. Did the whole thing via a pc laptop, installed just as advertised. Haven't had a chance to see the changes yet, but will update when I do.
Yeah I had to reformat my drive to MSFAT(FAT32)
Sponsored