Sync 3.3 & Map 1.18

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So there is a known issue with Maps 1.18 and Sync 3.3 I was having issues installing it and just gave up and ordered the $40.00 USB Drive. Now i find out that I didn't need it. I chatted with Ford today and here are parts of the chat.

1. I confirmed that there isn't a way to reset it per se, but you can try the installation again with a fresh download if you haven't already. The link to access the file again will be in the order confirmation email.

2. The report regarding the issue that you experienced actually states that if you received the "Installation Complete" message, it was successful, but the display is just showing the old version number..

3. The issue with the map update being successful but not registering the new map version number in the display is only specific to systems with software version 3.3.

4. Here is the official statement regarding the problem that you experienced, for your reference:

If you currently have SYNC® software 3.3 in your navigation system, once you’ve completed the Map Update installation in your vehicle, your Navigation system may still reflect the previous Map version (you can go to Settings-->General-->About Sync-->Navigation Maps Version: NA 1 xx to check.) If the previous version is displayed, as long as your Map update completed you have the latest version of Navigation Maps. The next software release (3.4) will resolve this item.

And Regarding the official release of 3.4. The ETA field in our documentation is blank, so it hasn't yet been finalized, but I am hopeful that it will be soon.

So after this chat I went back to my car to double check the version and it's still sitting at 1.17. Maybe it updated, maybe it didn't. At this point I really do not care. I'm getting my money back and I'm happy with that. Now since i am still under warranty I'll just wait for 3.4 to be officially released.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Check this post. It list how to check/ display the files installed.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...updated-their-maps.101163/page-7#post-2660128
Thank you for sending this to me. I do not know how I missed the OP's edit from back in September. Everything I needed was in that thread. Oh well, onto the future......

A favor please. Can you please instruct me on how to get into the diagnostics mode and then to the screen you show? Also confirm what file I should be seeing if, in fact, I actually do have 1.18. Thank you.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Thank you for sending this to me. I do not know how I missed the OP's edit from back in September. Everything I needed was in that thread. Oh well, onto the future......

A favor please. Can you please instruct me on how to get into the diagnostics mode and then to the screen you show? Also confirm what file I should be seeing if, in fact, I actually do have 1.18. Thank you.
This post list the new map and voice nav files...
14G421 is the map. It's chunked so the x in -CxB will differe based on which chunk you're in.
14G422 is the voice nav data. Also chunked. -CAC in NA English.
To access diagnostics screen, set your mode to audio then press and hold eject and forward buttons as seen in this video around the 2:30 mark

Then go to APIM DIAGNOSTIC screen, scroll to IVSU Version

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
This post list the new map and voice nav files...

To access diagnostics screen, set your mode to audio then press and hold eject and forward buttons as seen in this video around the 2:30 mark

Then go to APIM DIAGNOSTIC screen, scroll to IVSU Version
OK, so getting in was easy enough (you would never know i'm a computer guy). Here are the screenshots of the ISVU versions. So based this I have maps 1.18?
IMG_1404.JPG
IMG_1405.JPG

Sponsored