Sync 3.3 to 3.4 upgrade in 2019 GT

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
You did the Cyanlabs update as there was never an official one from Ford. I'm impressed that your salesman knew enough to know you had 3.4 but to stupid to realize it was unofficial. Hopefully they sent to car to auction but heaven help the new owner if he ever decides to do an official update.
I found the place I got it from - #6. I guess you could be right, but the link posted here is for a google drive download. Was this Cyanlabs?

It never had an issue though, worked perfectly. Got the car in Jan, did the update in Apr, bought back in Nov, so it did work just fine for me for about half a year.

FWIW that car is still sitting at a lot in Franklin County Ohio and is still owned by Ford. Heaven help whoever buys it next because the paint was completely screwed on that car. I hope the next owner looks real close at it, if Ford ever does anything with it. (9+ months now of it not changing hands yet per Ohio title lookup)
Sponsored

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
FWIW, i have been emailing with support over the map update thing..

and they told me they are working on the next version of sync to be released. they didnt say what version that was, and only mentioned it because it would fix a bug i was experiencing. but they did say that they are currently working on it but were delayed because all the engineers are still working remotely due to COVID-19.

so, a little renewed hope from me that there will be a 3.4

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
FWIW, i have been emailing with support over the map update thing..

and they told me they are working on the next version of sync to be released. they didnt say what version that was, and only mentioned it because it would fix a bug i was experiencing. but they did say that they are currently working on it but were delayed because all the engineers are still working remotely due to COVID-19.

so, a little renewed hope from me that there will be a 3.4
Fingers crossed. This gives me hope.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I thought the rumors around an official v3.4 release were “sometime after the full bronco reveal”? (Which is scheduled for next week iirc)
While I haven’t done the 3.4 update, as long as you have a 2019, from what I’ve read regarding the various ways to update, I’d hunt down the user-ripped version @geep81 mentioned over the altered CyanLabs version. Unless I’m mistaken, I remember reading that 2019+ Mustang Sync3 systems are slightly different (more ram?), the CyanLabs version seems to be altered to work on the previous systems. This could explain why people using the CL version have a couple of “odd things” such as not being able to adjust brightness or a couple of map-related things being “weird”...?

Anyway, the only benefit I’ve seen for 3.4 (would love if someone could confirm this btw) is that when using Google/Apple Maps via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto the turn-by-turn directions will appear in the digital dash as they do when using Sync3’s own nav system.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
when using Google/Apple Maps via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto the turn-by-turn directions will appear in the digital dash as they do when using Sync3’s own nav system.
I haven't tried the google maps, but so far Waze does not "automatically" do this. I read about that too and could not find a setting in the Waze app that related to it to make it appear. So far it is not just appearing on its own when I plug in using CarPlay and Waze. This is on 3.4 that came with my car from the factory.

I heard it only applied to Google Maps and Waze, not the Apple Maps.

Sponsored

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
not sure on all the changes to sync 3.4, but i remember someone commented on the XM radio station bar at the bottom is now 1 continuous bar you just swipe left and right to get to more stations. unlike now where its 3 separate sections, where you press a button to swap between sections.

i think the single continuous bar sounds like a better option than what is currently implemented.. thats 1 thing im looking forward to in a future update.. im sure there are a some more quality of life improvements that in there, but thats 1 thing that stands out.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I thought the rumors around an official v3.4 release were “sometime after the full bronco reveal”? (Which is scheduled for next week iirc)
First time I've heard this. 3.4 has been around for more than 6 months. If Ford were going to let 3.3 users upgrade why the wait. I hope you're right, but I have little faith it is really going to happen.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If Ford were going to let 3.3 users upgrade why the wait.
Allegedly there’s meta data in there regarding the Bronco or something. I read this awhile ago on the general forum.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't tried the google maps, but so far Waze does not "automatically" do this. I read about that too and could not find a setting in the Waze app that related to it to make it appear. So far it is not just appearing on its own when I plug in using CarPlay and Waze. This is on 3.4 that came with my car from the factory.

I heard it only applied to Google Maps and Waze, not the Apple Maps.
The Waze bit requires using Waze through Sync, not CarPlay/Android Auto iirc.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. But shouldn’t the Bronco be getting SYNC4?
It’ll have both available pending on which package you get afaik. ie: Sync3 will be the new base-model infotainment
Sponsored