Switching to the darkside?

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
I was dead set on getting a new Camaro, until I test drove them a few times and had trouble seeing wtf was in my blind spots most of the time. After test driving the Mustang and comparing, I liked the interior a little better and being able to see out the windows haha. And the look of the S550 was killer.

Just curious, but in your first post you talked about going with the cheapest, is the insurance cost difference between each one going to be an issue as well?
Sponsored

OP
OP

d_money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe a s550
I was dead set on getting a new Camaro, until I test drove them a few times and had trouble seeing wtf was in my blind spots most of the time. After test driving the Mustang and comparing, I liked the interior a little better and being able to see out the windows haha. And the look of the S550 was killer.

Just curious, but in your first post you talked about going with the cheapest, is the insurance cost difference between each one going to be an issue as well?
Cheapest wasn't probably the best word as getting a car to do what I'm asking won't be cheap. But yeah I got quotes on both vehicles and the mustang would be about $30 more a month. Not really a difference....

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
... Also a c6 grand sport with a stage 4 btr cam, ported and polished heads, 3200 stall, injectors, titanium rods and springs, and supposedly more goodies. (Dealer says there's 18k worth of mods and that they have receipts) and its going for $38K with 27k miles. Please help!!
What's the estimated power output with these mods ?

What's the KBB for the C6 ?

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Cheapest wasn't probably the best word as getting a car to do what I'm asking won't be cheap. But yeah I got quotes on both vehicles and the mustang would be about $30 more a month. Not really a difference....
Yea those two are fairly similar to insure, what about the C6 GS?

OP
OP

d_money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe a s550
Not too sure what the output is, I'm gonna try and get in contact with the shop that did the work and find out. That's a big factor. The kbb value was something like 38-41K

Sponsored

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
Not too sure what the output is, I'm gonna try and get in contact with the shop that did the work and find out. That's a big factor. The kbb value was something like 38-41K
if you cant find the shop or they wont tell you anything, def have a compression and leakdown test done just to be on the safe side

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I wouldn't buy someone else's modified car. For me as a blanket statement/rule of thumb...

modified = driven hard

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
I wouldn't buy someone else's modified car. For me as a blanket statement/rule of thumb...

modified = driven hard
^agree 100%.

not interested in the new 1LE Camaro? id choose that over any GT 5.0 or a c6 GS personally......

OP
OP

d_money

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe a s550
Yeah I do like the new Camaros too. Just price wise they are more than mustangs

Sponsored

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
Yeah I do like the new Camaros too. Just price wise they are more than mustangs
Not if you wait for their red tag sales :headbang:

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Personally.. I would skip that C6, it was probably abused. Come to the dark side.
Agree.

I would NEVER personally buy a car used that was modded before with "speed mods" (anything not just visual or maybe basic like a CAI/tune).

It hints likely some abuse to the car (raced) especially with that level of mods.
Agree with these sentiments. I would always be worried about what the prior owner put that car through. You don't spend that kind of money on performance mods to never use them!

For the $10k price difference you can get a car with less mileage, likely to have been beaten on less, and can use that extra $10k to get yourself a turbo set up or Whipple and get to that 700 hp level you are looking for.

Check out the Forced Induction section and you will get a good idea of what power levels you can accomplish with the Coyote!

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
yup, they were 20%+ off, for that price its a great deal, you just gotta get over how it looks and how you cant see shit out of it :lol:
the mustangs do look a lot better, imo (and many others'), but the performance is pretty insane :cheers:

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
yup, they were 20%+ off, for that price its a great deal, you just gotta get over how it looks and how you cant see shit out of it :lol:
the visibility thing is so overplayed lol.....looks are 100% subjective. To me as far as looks go - GT350 > 1LE > GTPP Some of the options they have are pretty sweet too. Regardless, their performance is undeniable.
Sponsored