Swap for a bullitt??

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - velocity blue
Hey guys I live in Adelaide, South Oz and have been contemplating whether or not to swap my current mustang (2020 velocity blue supercharged mustang GT) for a bullitt.
I’ve always loved them and originally the bullitt was what I wanted but non were available at the time I got this one.
Any thoughts??
Cheers
Chris
Sponsored

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
If the opportunity fits for you and your guts are also pointing in that direction, I would do it.

The standard Bullitt is just not sportier than the standard GT, but that should be clear to you.
If you want a serious performance machine, the Mach1 would be my way to go.

In dark highland green, I assume? With Recaros?

Of course, you are somewhat inhibited when it comes to visible modding.
Too much changed, and the fine whisky becomes a simple booze.
But you can take it behind the curtain just as far as any other Mustang without destroying the spirit.

For me, there was no alternative to a green Bullitt (a Mach1 wouldn't have been either), that's why I understand the thought you're coming from.
The Bullitt just has that special touch (at least for me).

1676377275707.png

1676377197150.png

1676377305812.png

Last edited:

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
If you want the bullitt... go for it. Like said above, go for what you know you. My question would be if you plan to keep the S/C or not.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
If you understand his language.... This newly published video @ bottom from YouTube can give you some insight into the Bullitt when track driven against a Beamer 🤔

If not, its still fun to watch.

We owned a '19 Bullitt loaded, & enjoyed the driving experience. Fun car that gets attention. Im not sure what options you may have available in your area? I liked the Tech pkg, Mag ride & active exhaust.
Im just not able to advise you as to whether you will enjoy the Bullitt 'more' than your GT.
Is the overall cost to do the swap, relevant to the situation..?? If its not to expensive, I'd likely do it.

I was not extremely fond of Ford's transmission choice in the MT82D4. We would have preferred some closer ratios. Replacement of the OEM shifter, can be an affordable improvement to the stk trans shifting prowess.

Good luck in your quest.

SmartSelect_20200517-202137_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

Graemecdn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2018 Lexus RC 350
I had 2 Mustang GTs , 2005 and 2014 before I purchased my 2020 Bullitt Mustang. In my opinion the Bullitt is the best, it even has 20 more horsepower than the new Mach 1. Go for it!!

bullittman44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alain
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I looked at the mustang PP2, then test drove a used bullitt, hands down the most fun I ever had driving a sports car, bought it on site, and have never regretted it for one second

OP
OP
PLAYTYM

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
If the opportunity fits for you and your guts are also pointing in that direction, I would do it.

The standard Bullitt is just not sportier than the standard GT, but that should be clear to you.
If you want a serious performance machine, the Mach1 would be my way to go.

In dark highland green, I assume? With Recaros?

Of course, you are somewhat inhibited when it comes to visible modding.
Too much changed, and the fine whisky becomes a simple booze.
But you can take it behind the curtain just as far as any other Mustang without destroying the spirit.

For me, there was no alternative to a green Bullitt (a Mach1 wouldn't have been either), that's why I understand the thought you're coming from.
The Bullitt just has that special touch (at least for me).

1676377275707.png

1676377197150.png

1676377305812.png
Cheers for that 👍🏻Totally agree….not planning on keeping the supercharger as I wouldn’t be putting it on the bullitt plus it helps with the value of the GT.
I suppose the part that is keeping me from going ahead with this is the ‘crapping my pants every time the supercharger kicks in’ feeling and worried I’ll fall out of love with the lack of power as such. If I get a good offer for mine I might just bite the bullitt (pun intended 😜)

OP
OP
PLAYTYM

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I looked at the mustang PP2, then test drove a used bullitt, hands down the most fun I ever had driving a sports car, bought it on site, and have never regretted it for one second
Yeah I test drove one too and was happy with the performance and the sound but again just not sure yet…..

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
just do it

Sponsored

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 black/tech/handling no ADM +$10K tax
I went with the Bullitt for 5 reasons: stealth, DHG, Recaros, PP1, price. With all options it was priced lower than a GT premium PP1. Added all 5spurs goodies and a slight mod with a Whipple stage 1.
Truly a joy!!!

Compared to my '21 GT500...my blown Bullitt does everything and costs about 1/2 as much.

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
I love the Bullit model from an appearance standpoint. Elegant in its simplicity. The lines of the car are beautiful and it doesn't need stripes, ponies, badges billboards to make it cool. I just bought the Mach 1 because I wanted the GT350/500 bits that came with it. But for looks I love the Bullit. Blacked out flat grill, fabulous.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Is your GT loaded? Or cloth seats and analog 300 or 301? If it's the 401A loaded to the gills especially with magnaride, AE, etc, I'd keep that.

OP
OP
PLAYTYM

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Is your GT loaded? Or cloth seats and analog 300 or 301? If it's the 401A loaded to the gills especially with magnaride, AE, etc, I'd keep that.
Yup in Oz we get the premium package versions only but I missed out on the magnaride.
Mines got coilovers, Corsa exhaust, forged wheels….so not complaining just contemplating 🤔

OP
OP
PLAYTYM

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I went with the Bullitt for 5 reasons: stealth, DHG, Recaros, PP1, price. With all options it was priced lower than a GT premium PP1. Added all 5spurs goodies and a slight mod with a Whipple stage 1.
Truly a joy!!!

Compared to my '21 GT500...my blown Bullitt does everything and costs about 1/2 as much.
If I could swap for a bullitt with a whipple then it wouldn’t even be a consideration….it would be done!….as it stands I’m only looking at stock Bullitts as they are more of a price comparison to mine.
Sponsored