PLAYTYM

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - velocity blue
Hello Chris I have left mine stock except for the strut brace and centre gauges Have you looked at other states for one ? A couple here in Perth around the 80k mark
Yeah I’ve seen those but still holding out for the ‘right’ one……plus still debating if I should contact the dealerships about them……just out of curiosity you don’t know what sort of condition they’re in at all?
Sponsored

Hamsterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah I’ve seen those but still holding out for the ‘right’ one……plus still debating if I should contact the dealerships about them……just out of curiosity you don’t know what sort of condition they’re in at all?
Hello Chris i do not Know I would imagine or hope that they are in very good condition especially the one with 17000 kms on the clock

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Really like the Isle of Man video but think it was a Ford promo video so of course the feedback is glorious. The car is great though. I’d say the Bullitt is the perfect cruiser. Sure it is plenty fast and MagneRide makes it handle pretty well but it can’t hide its weight and the gearing is taaalll. You never need to go beyond 4th, unless you want to save fuel, so basically 2 override gears which doesn’t really make sense.
You are right. Its an awesome cruise car. If you spec out pricing on a compatible '23 Mach build, to a '19 or '20 Bullitt. You'll spend bout $6k more when looking as MSRP to MSRP of ea & buyin a used low mile Bullitt will save you another $7k-8k from its original sticker, in the right area.

The 480hp Bullitt is by far the best all around cruiser. Lack of the unnecessary rear wing gives you a slight advantage & the car has proven itself at top speed with guys running them on the Autobahn. A Bullitt proves that you don't need a bunch of aero downforce to have stability in a 3800lb car. 1 thg enthusiasts will see in future is its real value. Well beyond what its name plate alone suggests.
The French driver in vid we posted shows the 'Litt can hold its own against its Shicklegruebber competitor.

The S550 platform, regardless of model, is a fantastic car. All of us are truly lucky to be alive & drivin in THIS era of car development & availability. Unless you were an enthusiasts bk in the late 70s & 80s, & were forced to by was was offered bk then, you may not fully appreciate what we have available to purchase right now from Ford. Or anyone for that matter.
Even the late 70s & early 80s Corvette were a total 'Pig in a Fiberglass Blanket.

Ford should went 1 step further, & made about 200 - GT500 Bullitt's, in Eruption-Tremec, Recaros, 4.09 rear gear, 20"/325 tire, & w/ZERO badges/spoiler. Would have been an excellent stealth drag car & stop2stop light bandit, that still cornered well.
Sticker'd for ~$89,999 & sold every one of um.
The 'McQueen Dream'.
...a modern version of the '69 Hemi Roadrunner of our current era... & ran circles around

Last edited:
OP
OP
PLAYTYM

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
So I thought I’d make a couple of enquires on the Bullitts currently on the market and while I’m waiting I thought I’d see what insurance would cost…….wow!!
My modified GT is LESS expensive than a stock standard Bullitt!…how?!
They said because it’s a limited model parts are harder to come by hence the higher cost.
I said that part are not hard to come by as it’s basically a PP1 with the GT350 manifold….yet they still maintained that it would cost more to insure?!
Don’t get it 🫤

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So I thought I’d make a couple of enquires on the Bullitts currently on the market and while I’m waiting I thought I’d see what insurance would cost…….wow!!
They said because it’s a limited model parts are harder to come by hence the higher cost.
I said that part are not hard to come by as it’s basically a PP1 with the GT350 manifold….yet they still maintained that it would cost more to insure?!
Don’t get it 🫤
Suncorp own a number of insurance companies but i found them cheaper than all the others. I LOVE MY BULLITT. Modified to my satisfaction and just love looking at it and certainly driving it.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Don’t get it 🫤
Insurance always seems to be weird. I got quoted $18 LESS per year for a 2019 GT350 than a 2021 Mach 1, and with the Mach 1 being $4 LESS per year than my Bullitt 🤡

OP
OP
PLAYTYM

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Well I think I’ll be hanging onto my GT for a while now. I’m not spending more on insurance to get ‘less’ of a car…..future mods here we come 😊

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Strange thing about the insurance.
Fells like it's just a rip-off industry that sometimes lacks a sense of reality.
Over here, the Bullitt costs as much as the GT, a boosted GT would cost more.
Maybe a boosted Bullitt is cheaper than the boosted GT? 😜
Sponsored