Sponsored

Swap for a bullitt??

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
22 gt500, 20 gt350r, 67 gt500, 66 Backdraft Cobra
Hey guys I live in Adelaide, South Oz and have been contemplating whether or not to swap my current mustang (2020 velocity blue supercharged mustang GT) for a bullitt.
I’ve always loved them and originally the bullitt was what I wanted but non were available at the time I got this one.
Any thoughts??
Cheers
Chris
If it's something you really want I'd say go for it, you only live once so enjoy it while you're here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PLAYTYM

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - velocity blue
If it's something you really want I'd say go for it, you only live once so enjoy it while you're here.
I reckon if the right deal came up I’d probably go with it

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you understand his language.... This newly published video @ bottom from YouTube can give you some insight into the Bullitt when track driven against a Beamer 🤔

If not, its still fun to watch.

Here's a spoiler :

1676456512747.png

But if you want to watch it with a part understanding, turn subtitles on and switch them to english - it's not perfect, but it give you a better understanding.

Note that the M2 is a comp (although they don't quote that on the screengrab above) :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP
PLAYTYM

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Here's a spoiler :

1676456512747.png

But if you want to watch it with a part understanding, turn subtitles on and switch them to english - it's not perfect, but it give you a better understanding.

Note that the M2 is a comp (although they don't quote that on the screengrab above) :like:

Wow a bullitt beat the M2 comp?!…..granted not by much but that’s still saying something!!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wow a bullitt beat the M2 comp?!…..granted not by much but that’s still saying something!!
Yeah I was surprised too :like:

I suspect (watching the driver interaction / skill) that the result was a due to a very good driver i.e. give the same cars to a 'normal' guy who can't extract the best out of them and the results would flip (i.e. M2 easier for most guys to drive fast).

Sponsored

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Its a great video if your a PP1 stick car, or better yet, a Bullitt fan.

I'm liked the entire Bullitt platform (not the biggest fan of the grist mill tranny).

Its a car worth owning if it suits your taste.

Maybe this guy's video will set a personal best with # of views, if all the Bullitt owners go watch. The suggestion of usin subtitles is good, but regardless... worth a watch!

Our Bullitt, in warm weather past

20201004_110144.jpg

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I own one and it is a great car, no doubt. The Gen 3 coyote is a wonderful engine and I think the GT350 plumbing gives it a little more top end power. The weak point is the transmission but if you don't rush through the gears or feel the need to slam them, it is fine. One thing I don't like is when I roll up somewhere and put it into first...it clunks and jerks the car around a little. I love the stealthy and classy looks of the Bullitt. I could do without the red brake calipers though.

I'd say if you really like it AND if you don't lose too much money, go for it. Keep in mind, it is still pretty much a GT with Performance Pack 1, MagneRide, and Active Exhaust. Nothing wrong with that, just don't expect an entirely different car, like a Shelby GT350 would be.

I am seriously considering trading my Bullitt for a Mach 1 if the deal is right. While equal in power (at least in the US for MY 2021), the Mach 1 is like a Bullitt that went to the gym and got ripped. Handles tighter, feels more "eager" to go, and the Tremec transmission is fantastic.

Good luck with your decision - all of these cars are great in their own way and I always consider myself lucky to be living in the 2nd muscle car era and able to afford such a cool toy.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I had 2 Mustang GTs , 2005 and 2014 before I purchased my 2020 Bullitt Mustang. In my opinion the Bullitt is the best, it even has 20 more horsepower than the new Mach 1. Go for it!!
Fact check, not 20hp
2021 Mach 1 480hp, 2022-2023 Mach 1 470hp
Bullitt 480hp

OP
OP
PLAYTYM

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I own one and it is a great car, no doubt. The Gen 3 coyote is a wonderful engine and I think the GT350 plumbing gives it a little more top end power. The weak point is the transmission but if you don't rush through the gears or feel the need to slam them, it is fine. One thing I don't like is when I roll up somewhere and put it into first...it clunks and jerks the car around a little. I love the stealthy and classy looks of the Bullitt. I could do without the red brake calipers though.

I'd say if you really like it AND if you don't lose too much money, go for it. Keep in mind, it is still pretty much a GT with Performance Pack 1, MagneRide, and Active Exhaust. Nothing wrong with that, just don't expect an entirely different car, like a Shelby GT350 would be.

I am seriously considering trading my Bullitt for a Mach 1 if the deal is right. While equal in power (at least in the US for MY 2021), the Mach 1 is like a Bullitt that went to the gym and got ripped. Handles tighter, feels more "eager" to go, and the Tremec transmission is fantastic.

Good luck with your decision - all of these cars are great in their own way and I always consider myself lucky to be living in the 2nd muscle car era and able to afford such a cool toy.
Yup totally get what you’re saying…..would love a Mach1 but the prices of them over here right now is stupid!
The bullitt seems to be the more affordable option and while the trans has always been a downer point (IMO) I do love the stealthiness, the colour and the fact that that colour only came out on the bullitt making it that much more special.
Tough decision to go from standard GT with 780hp to special edition with 480hp….(granted other people will have different opinions of what consitutes a difference worth trading for)….but for me so far this is it

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Mine is quite modified but unless you are familiar with the car it looks stock. Nearly every motoring journalist said is was the best driving Mustang to have even over a Mach 1 for daily use.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PLAYTYM

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mine is quite modified but unless you are familiar with the car it looks stock. Nearly every motoring journalist said is was the best driving Mustang to have even over a Mach 1 for daily use.
I have to admit if I got one I’d probably still modify it but only with things that enhance it in the Steve McQueen edition style…..I just can’t help myself 😜

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nearly every motoring journalist said is was the best driving Mustang to have even over a Mach 1 for daily use.
I’m interested in the reasoning behind that statement, did they back it up with any logic ?

Admittedly I’m only really familiar with U.K. specs, but what makes it a better daily than a GT with PP1 ? (Same other than intake ?)

Or what makes it a better daily than a non HP M1 ? (Same, but M1 gets the box, bushes, MR and the cooler’s ?)

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If you decided to go with a Bullitt, couldn’t you pull the supercharger from your GT and install it on the Bullitt? That would give you the car and the power that you want.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's a nice review, but it's lacking in detail (and factually wrong for the UK car they tested) and doesn't back up your claim that its a better drivers car ?

I can see where this could go so I'm probably going to leave this discussion here (and I promise not to post it in the Mach forum :giggle:) - but I will read any links / technical comparisons etc that get posted to back up your claim :like:

Sponsored