LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I just ordered the Graphite. I believe the wheels themselves look much better in that color, and will be pretty close to my pinstripe color. Voting was 12/12 at time of order. LMR had a sale of 9.62% off which helped me jump on these. Also, I figured if I don't like the color after a while, it is easier to re-coat them black than graphite. I ordered the 19X10"/19X11" staggered kit with 285/35/19 and 325/30/19 Nitto Invo tires.

Thanks to all who voted. I really didn't think it would be a 50/50 split. I thought one would've had 60% or more of the votes!

Last edited:

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
I could always paint the pockets black. LOL.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I can't stand wheels in any color other than black on my cars, but even i feel that the design of these wheels look best in graphite. The black color doesn't suit these wheels or show off the design properly.

I think you made the right choice :thumbsup:, do post some pics after you get them installed. I might get these next year :rockon:

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
I can't stand wheels in any color other than black on my cars, but even i feel that the design of these wheels look best in graphite. The black color doesn't suit these wheels or show off the design properly.

I think you made the right choice :thumbsup:, do post some pics after you get them installed. I might get these next year :rockon:
I will post pics once they are mounted.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I voted Graphite - only for he mere reason that when the PP2 GT first debuted, the original Graphite PP2 rims made the body color pop, regardless of the body color.

I do like black rims (I myself have the matte black EB PP rims) but sometimes a different color rim accentuates the vehicle body lines and color nicely.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
I voted Graphite - only for he mere reason that when the PP2 GT first debuted, the original Graphite PP2 rims made the body color pop, regardless of the body color.

I do like black rims (I myself have the matte black EB PP rims) but sometimes a different color rim accentuates the vehicle body lines and color nicely.
I knew graphite was the best color for the wheel design. When I looked at the pics of black pp2 wheels, almost every one lost the character of the wheel, unless the resolution was very high. I do believe my car would've looked good with black too, and I seriously considered them because of the BAP on my car. In the end the forum was just as neutral as I was, so I decided to go with what I thought was the best color for the wheels, and the Kona paint. Black accents be damned.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
OP - I too struggled between graphite and black. I even second guessed myself and called LMR to change my order from magnetic to black. Too late they were already shipped. Glad things turned out the way they did. I was worried Magnetic with Graphite would be too much gray. Turned out much to my liking.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I went through a similar torment back when the s350(gt350replica) rims came out...do I go black or graphite? ..Well my '15 gt is a black pp car so I thought it was probably time to change color so I ordered the graphite. ..If I could go back and do it over it would definitely be black rims again. . The graphite and black didn't compliment one another..and I miss the stealthy look.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
I went through a similar torment back when the s350(gt350replica) rims came out...do I go black or graphite? ..Well my '15 gt is a black pp car so I thought it was probably time to change color so I ordered the graphite. ..If I could go back and do it over it would definitely be black rims again. . The graphite and black didn't compliment one another..and I miss the stealthy look.
I figured it would be easy to powder coat them black if I felt that way about the Graphite. I've never been big on black wheels, so I believe I made the right choice.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
OP - I too struggled between graphite and black. I even second guessed myself and called LMR to change my order from magnetic to black. Too late they were already shipped. Glad things turned out the way they did. I was worried Magnetic with Graphite would be too much gray. Turned out much to my liking.
Post some pics!
Sponsored