Supporting mods for supercharged 5.0

Mikes_Slow5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
So I bought a 2015 Supercharged 5.0 GT mustang. It has the supporting fuel upgrades needed but I wanted to know what else should be done! From what I’m told the car made 715 to the wheels (having it tuned again to make sure it’s correct) and I wanted to know what else I should do to make sure the car lasts me a long time. I’m already planning on upgrading the oil pump gears but what else would you recommend? Is upgrading the ignition system going to help?

IMG_4372.jpeg
Sponsored

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
So I bought a 2015 Supercharged 5.0 GT mustang. It has the supporting fuel upgrades needed but I wanted to know what else should be done! From what I’m told the car made 715 to the wheels (having it tuned again to make sure it’s correct) and I wanted to know what else I should do to make sure the car lasts me a long time. I’m already planning on upgrading the oil pump gears but what else would you recommend? Is upgrading the ignition system going to help?

IMG_4372.jpeg
I would recommend to upgrade the drive line: trans build, axles, hubs, half shafts, drive shafts, reinforce diff. Some of these factory parts were not designed to handle 715 to the wheels, they will wear and potentially break much faster if you get into to hard.

OP
OP
Mikes_Slow5oh

Mikes_Slow5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
Hell yeah thanks for the advice!

OP
OP
Mikes_Slow5oh

Mikes_Slow5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
I would recommend to upgrade the drive line: trans build, axles, hubs, half shafts, drive shafts, reinforce diff. Some of these factory parts were not designed to handle 715 to the wheels, they will wear and potentially break much faster if you get into to hard.
Where exactly would you start? Is there anything more prone to failure than other parts?

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
Half shafts are a big one, if you do some forum searches there are some pretty good posts about this.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I'd start with the half shafts off that list.

OP
OP
Mikes_Slow5oh

Mikes_Slow5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
Okay! Thank you for the information!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
what injectors, are in the car, does it have a bap, etc..

OP
OP
Mikes_Slow5oh

Mikes_Slow5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
So I don’t know exactly what injectors it’s running but I’ll be taking it in to have everything checked and find out exactly what they did to the car. That’s going to be the first thing I do as soon as I can get it in.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
So I don’t know exactly what injectors it’s running but I’ll be taking it in to have everything checked and find out exactly what they did to the car. That’s going to be the first thing I do as soon as I can get it in.
def helps to have all the parts on the car known to make educated decsions on where to go, and were always happy to help

Sponsored

Miked81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt

IMG_4372.jpeg
Nice car

IMG_4372.jpeg
Nice car, slow50 is what I'm trying to get for my license plate lol 😆 anyhow before you go crazy buying axles which good ones are like $2000. I'd ask what are you doing with the car? Just tooling around town or beating the piss out of it at the track or strip. Back to supporting mods. Do you have a bap aka "boost a pump" or a return style fuel system? Doesn't look like you have a return style system. I don't see a pressure regulator under the hood. Vmp makes a good plug an play return system. We'll they don't make it but they sell it. Fuel is important baps are Unreliable can burn up your pump an starve your engine of fuel an leave you stranded. Or lead to Catastrophic failure. For better handling look up BMR bread an butter suspension kit. A one piece drive shaft is a good idea but you will need to buy a rear cradle lockout kit to support it. Which comes in the bmr kit. Also I recommend getting a drive shaft safety loop. Stifflers is the best some other brands hit your o2 sensors if you have long tube headers. Which you should have with boosted cars. Kooks an ultimate headers are the best I dont care what anyone says. Ive installed every brand you can think of. Those 2 fit the best. Good tires are important but again it all depends on what you will be doing with the car. On which tire you would want to buy. Mods are like tools for the trade. A plumber doesn't use autobody tools. He uses what works for his specific job. Cars are not much different. Some mods are for road race, some drag strip, some are for comfort, some are for looks blah blah. You mentioned oil pump gears,definitely want to do that. Also crank sprocket. But that is a major job. Have to remove timing chains. I'm getting ready to do that now. I live in Ohio so I spent all winter stock piling parts. I figured since I had to remove all that stuff. I'm gonna replace it all. So I got all new chains, cam phasers, oil pump with gears, water pump. Too much too list. Mix of ford performance, MMR and boundary stuff. I recommend anyone going through the trouble of changing opg's do the same unless your car has ridiculously low miles. You have to get in there anyway just spend the extra money and get piece of mind. Sorry for the Bible message but there's no short answer to your question.

OP
OP
Mikes_Slow5oh

Mikes_Slow5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
So what headers do you recommend? Short tube or long tube headers? What else is needed to connect them to a cat back Roush exhaust?

Miked81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
So what headers do you recommend? Short tube or long tube headers? What else is needed to connect them to a cat back Roush exhaust?
Always long tube. Shorty is useless if you want shorty just keep stock manifolds cut cats off an have high flows cats added or delete. Good Kits come with everything you need to install You can get kits with oem connectors or aftermarket 3in connectors

OP
OP
Mikes_Slow5oh

Mikes_Slow5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
Thanks for the information! I’m relatively new to the platform but I love learning about this shit.