jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Any kit is going to make the customer happy. There's always going to be advantages from one kit over the other. Keep in mind that PD blowers require less fuel to make power. We were able to run the 47lbs injectors to roughly 630's till the injectors ran out, you couldn't do that with a centri. A PD blower can be more harsh on the internals however, I went 40k miles on my whipple and 70k miles on our Roush before just selling the cars. No issues.
You may not find a PD blower in the record books but most of you aren't chasing that title.

Just food for thought
Sponsored

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP w/Perfomance
I'm gong to have:

Steeda intake 400? - preordered
90mm frpp throttle body 660 (plus the adaptor) - shipped
Arh headers 2200 -shipped
Corsa extreme catback 1350 - preordered

Procharger later

Are there anymore bolt ons I'm missing?
The only thing that would not work with force induction after all that is the intake which you could sell... I think it depends on how fast you want to get to your goal HP

BathS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 50th with PP
Considering how quickly you can stab the Procharger in their, It's falling under the bolt on category for me...

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
OP, you may want to consider some suspension work first. Oh, and while you are at it, get some new rubber, too. After that, get some half shafts, because at the power you are trying to make you are bound to break something.

Also, do you have the performance package upgraded brakes or better? With all this extra power and speed you are going to have, you are going to want to be able to stop your car efficiently so you need to think about that, too.

I've played this game a couple of times, and I have learned that if you plan on making big power in the future, that some supporting mods that add no horsepower MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE in keeping your engine and car safe further down the road.

All these vendors may be saying, "Yeah slap a Whipple/Procharger/Vortech on your stock car", but then look at all the supporting mods they throw on their shop cars. That should tell you something.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Agree 100% ^^^^^^^

Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
^^^^DUDE!^^^^

I was born in Houma, La! Lived down Bayou Dularge for years!

(Off topic, but I just noticed your location :cheers:)

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
^^^^DUDE!^^^^

I was born in Houma, La! Lived down Bayou Dularge for years!

(Off topic, but I just noticed your location :cheers:)

Haha, I lived down there for a while too. Good to see some local coon asses on here!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
If it's ever released!!!! :frusty: :tsk:
it's coming, it's coming

Yeah, the ID injectors are nice!
they are a great injector, we do a lot of cars with the 47's too, but the id's really give you a lot of growing room, and everyone always ends up wanting more

Considering how quickly you can stab the Procharger in their, It's falling under the bolt on category for me...
it's close too it!!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
You can do the supercharger before the other bolt ons however we ended up doing the DSS halfshafts and full exhaust before putting our Whipple (Complete kit with elliptical TB, heat exchanger w/fans and Whipple Calibration) on. We also installed a Mcleod Twin disc clutch in there as well as we didn't want to chance the stocker going out our first few trips down the track.

Not to say you can't simply bolt one of the supercharger kits on and be good, but you do risk having things such as the halfshafts or clutch fail due to the increased power from the blower.

Hope that helps. Jared

Last edited:
OP
OP

Apollo_1092

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You can do the supercharger before the other bolt ons however we ended up doing the DSS halfshafts and full exhaust before putting our Whipple (Complete kit with elliptical TB, heat exchanger w/fans and Whipple Calibration) on. We also installed a Mcleod Twin disc clutch in there as well as we didn't want to chance the stocker going out our first few trips down the track.

Not to say you can't simply bolt one of the supercharger kits on and be good, but you do risk having things such as the halfshafts or clutch fail due to the increased power from the blower.

Hope that helps. Jared
Yeah. I plan on doing the supporting mods shortly after. I never plan on taking the car to the track and I don't really push it while I drive. Just like having the ability to and making my car unique. Thanks for the response. Very helpful

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Any kit is going to make the customer happy.
Boost always makes people happy. :)

Keep in mind that PD blowers require less fuel to make power.
This is actually usually very much NOT the case.

We have an entire industrial division thanks to the efficiency a centrifugal has over PD blowers.

We can move the same airflow (or more) and use less energy. Which drastically reduces operational costs, and over the years. Which in turn our units pay for themselves in the savings.

http://inovair.com/proven-energy-savings/

We were able to run the 47lbs injectors to roughly 630's till the injectors ran out, you couldn't do that with a centri.
Our injectors are 52's and we have no issues making 650rwhp with those injectors and the stock fuel pump, on our Mustang brand dyno. (Which we have already done with these 2015 cars)

There are all sorts of factors that play into this : Such as AFR's.
If the PD blower car is running a 12.5:1 AFR at WOT vs. the Centri at 11.5:1

Obviously that will throw the data WAY WAY off.

So its all about having real data, and 100% apples to apples comparison, Same AFR's,
Same BOOST,
Same Injectors,
Optimized tuning,
Same atmospheric conditions.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I'm gong to have:

Steeda intake 400? - preordered
90mm frpp throttle body 660 (plus the adaptor) - shipped
Arh headers 2200 -shipped
Corsa extreme catback 1350 - preordered

Procharger later

Are there anymore bolt ons I'm missing?
The only thing that would not work with force induction after all that is the intake which you could sell... I think it depends on how fast you want to get to your goal HP
At least there is a HUGE market to buy that intake used, when your ready to pull the trigger. :) :thumbsup:

It can be "bolted on" with a few tools from this kit. :)
Literally nothing else is needed

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
"There are all sorts of factors that play into this : Such as AFR's.

Obviously that will throw the data WAY WAY off. "

My whipple afr @wot is lower than 11.5:1

Last edited:

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
"There are all sorts of factors that play into this : Such as AFR's.

Obviously that will throw the data WAY WAY off. "

My whipple afr @wot is lower than 11.5:1
I was giving an example. Basically stating, that both AFR's would have to be equal. What number it is doesn't matter.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Sorry, your kit does not make 709RWHP out of the box, that's custom tuning and pulley changes....
Never said it did, and was very clear on that.

We ship the kits with a VERY low boost level, and VERY safe conservative tune. Our customers are VERY happy with our track record of reliability because of that.

Of COURSE anyone is welcome to turn their systems up to the 703 rwhp number that is listed in this thread. All they have to do is order our tuner kit, and let their shop of choice let it rip. :)

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17565

but be careful when your trying to slam something you know little about, as you stated, you don't "follow" us.
There was no "slam"

I was simply stating the fact that a member kept quoting a number, that had not really been explained, nor verified by an outside "normal" customer install. Again that was clearly stated that I was asking to be educated. I tired searching the forums everywhere I could to find results on your set up, but really couldn't find any. No harm in asking.

It gets frustrating, when we post stuff on 91 pump gas and low boost.
Yet videos like the 9 second BAMA stang fail to mention the cars on 116 Race Fuel.

If its not listed, then customers think comparing our HO kit on 8psi with 91 octane and conservative tuning, is the same as that 9 second pass on race gas.

All I was asking for was a true APPLES to APPLES comparison.
Which it sounds like you agree with based on this comment below.

I agree the PC kit and our kit can make pretty equal power at equal boost,
AMEN, THANK YOU!!!!!

Also, the dual fans do not make more power, they hold power more consistent. You know, like how the air to air lacks from poor efficiency with limited airflow, or severely limited to ambient temp. The same concept with the LTR on a air to water, need airflow to maintain. The difference is the water takes much longer to warm up and the fans hold the temp cooler longer during aggressive driving.
The car in the video he was referring to, has the fans on it.
He used the power number from that video.
He could at least use the matching MSRP.
Thats all I was saying. (even removing the fans, its still more)

As for power numbers, American Muscle, 687rwhp (on 93, not 116).
I don't know what they were using on the Dyno.
However on the track it was in fact 116, when it ran the 9's.
(As stated by them)

Do you know what timing that is? We do, its not MBT.
I have not attacked you in any manor, please keep the personal attacks down. Thats just not cool man. Thats all I have to say on this matter.

Now as for "glory runs". Get over yourself and your crusade to persuade some from reality.....PC makes a nice system and we respect that, but your little rant has little merit.
I didn't get the term "glory run" from myself. So again don't jump down my throat. That is actually a "slang" term I recently heard magazine editors use, when complaining about waiting around all day to do editorials, because of how long a competing PD powered car had to "cool down" on the dyno after each pull, to get power numbers the company was happy with for the article.

However I used the term in generality, since it means ANYONE with any power adder can do things like ice the intake down, wait till the car is ice cold to do a run, who KNOWS what tricks they have up their sleeves. All I was stating is that our numbers are not inflated, they are real word, and most if not ALL of our customers always make more power then we advertise.

At the end of the day, having every Mustang running around with boost is all that matters. :) These cars were begging for a blower on them form the factory, and its great that customers can enjoy such high HP cars, and have reliablity only dreamed about 5-10 years ago. :) :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited: