Supercharger on the 5.2

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Raj Nair said it so...... yea guy who helped develop vs paper... I'm wondering when the turbos will start being developed
Find the reference to support your position. Just saying someone said so means dick squat lol Oh and Ford's official position is for track use get the R or a Track Pack.
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I keep seeing where you can't put a supercharger on the 5.2 engine because of the high compression ratio. Is it doable or not?
Anything is possible. how long will the engine last? Durability is the main concern. Just ask all the guys on the various forums what boost does to durability and reliability.

lilskolio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 toyota tacoma, (ordered) Magnectic GT350
More importantly the document shipped with the vehicle and it's owners manual.

Turbos should assist that trans heating prohlem.like a champ. Considering most kits tend to place them about 4" away from it. :thumbsup:
yeah I read that to however it says "recommend" not "have to" which goes back to my point of this is still a track car which means it should still be able to be tracked for a certain amount of time before you need to look into cooling, which is what i pointed out the lead developer said. obviously that may not be the case but that's neither here nor there. Point is he said it . With that being said for cars with cooling turbos shouldn't be that big of an issue as with those without. i personally think turbo will keep it more track capable and to its roots

lilskolio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Find the reference to support your position. Just saying someone said so means dick squat lol Oh and Ford's official position is for track use get the R or a Track Pack.
Dude I have been on the hunt for this source since i originally posted lol. When i find it i will post and i know that's their "official" position on it I was just trying to share info one of the heads said didn't know it was going to be a "but my owners manual" battle.

lilskolio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to go with the documentation vs what someone said they heard what someone else said.

PS - this picture isn't meant to stir the pot. Hopefully you guys get satisfaction from your new cars. What I'd like to point out is that while an engineer like Raj usually has high hopes...many times a cars specs/capabilities change before actual production. It's possible that after it's initial success, they got the go ahead to make them all have coolers.

Ford originally said there would be no oil coolers in base and tech cars but they included them. I'd say it's a wash.

Turbos - This is link is from page one of this actual thread..
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48357
I'm not arguing with anybody about the need for cooling i just wanted to point out what he said which could have influenced others decisions. I do believe he was caught up in the moment with the car. Thanks for the turbos link
Sponsored