Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
So if for the moment my goal is around 700rwhp with a gen 3r on stock 2017 car overall , if in say a year or 2 I want to aim for over 1000hp , can the engine internals be built then after the supercharger? Like beefier pistons, rods etx ? I think I'd be happy to sit around 700hp for the moment. I've never driven a car with that power. But it would be nice to have room to grow . Would it be counter productive to do it this way ?
Sponsored

BiancoV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Torino GT
So if for the moment my goal is around 700rwhp with a gen 3r on stock 2017 car overall , if in say a year or 2 I want to aim for over 1000hp , can the engine internals be built then after the supercharger? Like beefier pistons, rods etx ? I think I'd be happy to sit around 700hp for the moment. I've never driven a car with that power. But it would be nice to have room to grow . Would it be counter productive to do it this way ?
My personal opinion...if you want 4 digits started building that short block..the cast pistons are the weak point..those are my thoughts

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I had about 800whp on the stock block and ran 9s. You’ll kill the transmission before you kill the motor. So sure you can get the supercharger kit now and enjoy it til you can afford to chase 4 digit hp numbers. There is no rules on how you spend your money.

Sham_POW

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
1) Run 700hp for a bit while saving for the transmission build.
2) Build the transmission. Don't forget halfshafts.
3) Start saving and planning for the engine rebuild.
4) Crank the boost and fuckin' send it.
5) Rebuild the engine and enjoy quad-digit hp.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
You've asked these same questions 10 different ways. Either go boosted (supercharger/turbocharger(s)), or don't. I'm not trying to be mean, but are you an 18 yr old kid? Either go forced induction or don't.

Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
The answer is yes, plenty of people boost their stock engines and then decide years later to build it. Most don't ever build it honestly. But the engine can be left alone or built regardless of what boost application you go with. I turboed my 2017 S550 and sleeved/ built the engine weeks later. If you have any questions on the subject, let me know, I am here to help. Lethalperformance.com

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Maybe I'm reading this wrong. Sounds like you are asking is it ok to supercharge first, then build the engine later. Yes, but it will cost you if you are not doing your own wrenching. IDK around $1,500 for the installation the first time, then $ to take it off while pulling the motor, then $ to put back on the built motor. Cost vary, but I still think it is worth it to go in stages and enjoy each power level. For me I get bored pretty fast, so I built my car in stages, starting with a NA build, then Whipple, then drive line, now adding boost. If I started with 1000 hp when I bought the car 2 yrs ago, it would be for sale by now. Just try to be smart about it so you don't waste money. Example start with a stage 2 , buy drag pack with 305 tire to start. Stay away from roush of you want 1000hp some day etc

Last edited:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Seems you already got some answers as far as the engine, but I'll take it a step further.

It's going to take more than just "turning up the boost" to get over 1000rwhp. Even if the engine can handle it, can the supercharger?

You should consider your long term goals today rather than "just be fine with 700" as it will cost you more to do it twice. If you think you're going to be going over 1000 in 2 years, you should start with that today and size the proper supercharger and supporting mods also not just the engine.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Seems you already got some answers as far as the engine, but I'll take it a step further.

It's going to take more than just "turning up the boost" to get over 1000rwhp. Even if the engine can handle it, can the supercharger?

You should consider your long term goals today rather than "just be fine with 700" as it will cost you more to do it twice. If you think you're going to be going over 1000 in 2 years, you should start with that today and size the proper supercharger and supporting mods also not just the engine.
The gen3R is a 1000whp Capable supercharger

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The gen3R is a 1000whp Capable supercharger
Well his goal said over 1000, which literally could mean anything. For 1000 and over the 3R isn't going to be the most efficient blower. I'd rather see a bigger blower working in the meat of it's efficiency, rather than a small blower being strung out to its max capacity

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Well his goal said over 1000, which literally could mean anything. For 1000 and over the 3R isn't going to be the most efficient blower. I'd rather see a bigger blower working in the meat of it's efficiency, rather than a small blower being strung out to its max capacity
I understand that. But the gen3R can do 700 now and 1000 later. If the goal is 1000whp then it will do the job. I doubt he will ever get there but it could. Everyone thinks blower=1000whp if only it were that easy.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I would lean towards twins. Plenty of room to grow. No pulley changes.
Sponsored