Sponsored

Summer Only Tire Warning, Blue curbed 322 miles

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I drive a mustang, I can't go a day without going at least 80-90% throttle at least for a half a second.
Um... Yeah, I also drive a Mustang, and other than two WOT runs for the fun of it (which lasted about eight seconds combined), I haven't yet given it enough throttle to top 3,000 RPM. Maybe 10%? To each their own, I suppose.
Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Yep

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Nothing to report from this morning's 10F degree commute. No incidents.
Drove my car this morning in 7* temps. Had no issues. I was extremely careful tho.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Drove my car this morning in 7* temps. Had no issues. I was extremely careful tho.
Is that on the stock PP Pirellis? I also drove in 7* on all season A/S 3s this morning and experienced some traction issues until they warmed up. Can't imagine what summer tires would have been like.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
8 degrees this morning driving to work on my summer Conti DW tires, no issues other than in my neighborhood which is solid ice right now. I don't see any salt on my roads at all. Main roads are fine. Hopefully this afternoon the HOA gets to it.

Sponsored

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
400lbs of torque with 3.73 gears and your entering a turn at 18mph in 1st and you gas it....sounds like you were testing out the capabilities of the Performance Package. At that speed you could have easily been in 2nd gear. Who takes turns in 1st gear anyway during normal driving?

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that on the stock PP Pirellis? I also drove in 7* on all season A/S 3s this morning and experienced some traction issues until they warmed up. Can't imagine what summer tires would have been like.
Yes, it was on the stock summers. They were a little loose until i drove a few miles and warmed em up. Like i said tho, i was rather cautious. Roughly 35 mile trip.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Drove my PP GT to Southern CT this morning and just got home right now. It's been 20-25F for both trips. 205 miles and never once did my car brake traction or fall off the road. I would consider these a three season tire. I've even tried to get my car out of shape and the nanny electronics prevent it. I would have preferred a better track day tire, this tire is adequate for everyday use. I find these tires extremely sticky in my current temperatures. They get real gooey after only a few minutes of driving.

Now I wasn't going to comment on this post but I feel I have to.

First off it's obviously driver error and Ford would just have to perform a data download and overlay it to a map and come away smiling. Once they looked at temperature, driver settings, velocity, yaw, individual wheel speeds, throttle position and throttle delta combined with the road surface (based on the broken pavement OP so eloquently photographed and posted in a public forum BTW) it's plainly obvious. When they total your car, which they hopefully do, go buy another one and learn from your mistake and respect the car.

Now the PERFORMANCE PACK comes with SUMMER tires, it's listed a million times in every piece of literature that these tires are designed for a single purpose. If you require all season tires don't purchase a package designed Performance Driving ?? :shrug:

Or...if you want this package buy a set of tires for the conditions you intend to use the vehicle if you feel it is outside of it's intended use. I'm pretty sure the selling dealers have held a gun to anyone's head to purchase a PP equipped Mustang. I see no basis that any manufacturer needs to offer additional choices. Buy a regular GT if you are buying the car as your sole mode of transportation, it's not hard, it just requires the buyer to be honest with themselves on what they truly intend the purpose of the purchase for.
Possibly the best post in the thread. :cheers:

My GT500 was mildly modded, to the tune of 543 to the wheels. The entire time I had the car it was on the OEM (garbage) Good Year Eagle F1 Supercar tires. That said, I drove it several times with the temps in the 30s. As aggressively as I could, I might add, but you had to be VERY careful. While I had a couple of semi-spooky moments, I never came close to losing control of the car.

If I ever would have planned to drive that car (or my '15 PP) regularly in inclement weather, I sure as hell wouldn't do so on summer rubber. That's just plain silly.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Well, I drove mine this morning at 19 degrees, and again at 23 degrees. I didn't play (daughter in the car with me) but not once did it step out or even remotely feel as though a tire was slipping. Including a hard right turn into a side street at about 15 mph (normal making a corner).

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
natural selection..

beers
:first:

Maybe a little harsh though, I'm hoping that the o.p. has a sense of humor.

When I was young I darn near did the same thing in my first real sports car, it had pirelli all seasons and I think I had maybe 25 miles on the car when I tried to get froggy.

I was lucky and just ended up with a really close look at a tree. In my case it was summer and I guess I could have taken the position that the manufacturer was to blame for not putting summer tires on the car.

Sponsored

REDHRSE

PONY UP!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 401A 3.73 gears, Redline int, all options
sucks man. with all of these tire issues, im taking it home and putting it in the garage until I get some all weathers.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
sucks man. with all of these tire issues, im taking it home and putting it in the garage until I get some all weathers.

Read again, sport. 99% of people in places that are only moderately cold have no issues whatsoever as long as the thing between the ears stays functional at those low temps also.

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Read again, sport. 99% of people in places that are only moderately cold have no issues whatsoever as long as the thing between the ears stays functional at those low temps also.
And people who live in cold climates (currently ). You just need to be smart and cautious at all times. Low RPMs and higher gears.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
im happy to report that my ride home in 20F weather was uneventful.

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
im happy to report that my ride home in 20F weather was uneventful.
It's 20* here as well. Where are you located? I'm leaving work in a few minutes, wish me luck!
Sponsored