Suggested upgrades for MY20

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I contacted Ford about suggested improvements for MY20 and beyond and received a reply today. Specifically I mentioned front parking sensors, HFS and interior trim. This was the response:

As you rightly point out, the Ford Mustang is engineered and built in the US, which does mean some differences with European vehicles, but the product is constantly being improved with the needs and expectations of Global customers increasingly being considered

On your specific points:

Front parking sensors have not traditionally been expected by US consumers but their availability is under review for the near future.

The Heated Front Screen we enjoy on European Ford vehicles is not compliant with US regulations. We are unlikely to see this available in the near future.

Your point on improved interior trim is an interesting one. Again there are US considerations, where Vignale is not available on any carline. But the expectations of European consumers for more premium interiors, especially with regard to leather quantity and quality, is acknowledged and we will feed this back to the Product Development team.
Sponsored

Damo66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I contacted Ford about suggested improvements for MY20 and beyond and received a reply today. Specifically I mentioned front parking sensors, HFS and interior trim. This was the response:

As you rightly point out, the Ford Mustang is engineered and built in the US, which does mean some differences with European vehicles, but the product is constantly being improved with the needs and expectations of Global customers increasingly being considered

On your specific points:

Front parking sensors have not traditionally been expected by US consumers but their availability is under review for the near future.

The Heated Front Screen we enjoy on European Ford vehicles is not compliant with US regulations. We are unlikely to see this available in the near future.

Your point on improved interior trim is an interesting one. Again there are US considerations, where Vignale is not available on any carline. But the expectations of European consumers for more premium interiors, especially with regard to leather quantity and quality, is acknowledged and we will feed this back to the Product Development team.
The point about the heated front screen made me laugh, we don't live in the US and the car is being built for more than one market so to state that it is not compliant with US Regulations i would of thought is irrelevant.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
The point about the heated front screen made me laugh, we don't live in the US and the car is being built for more than one market so to state that it is not compliant with US Regulations i would of thought is irrelevant.
You would certainly have thought fitting a heated screen would be less of a challenge than moving the steering wheel... What it suggests to me is that Ford is not fully committed to selling the car globally.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Pleaaaaase no front parking sensors they are a pain in the backside. I don't buy a Mustang for the interior or annoying tech, i buy it for the engine and performance. They start improving the interior and inserting annoying tech it will either mean they spend less on the engine or up the price. Why didn't you ask them about improving the engine sound and performance further??!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Pleaaaaase no front parking sensors they are a pain in the backside. I don't buy a Mustang for the interior or annoying tech, i buy it for the engine and performance. They start improving the interior and inserting annoying tech it will either mean they spend less on the engine or up the price. Why didn't you ask them about improving the engine sound and performance further??!!
Each to their own but personally I do like them. At no point are they a pain in my Mondeo - they just work. They would be optional anyway I suspect. Re engine - with the active exhaust it sounds great and the performance is fine. I don't want a quicker car but I do want a few more features / trim improvements. When you look at all the aftermarket trim improvements that are available there is clearly a market

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I understand up to a point as getting screens supplied when they don't get made in the US would be a bit more of a challenge and an added complication during build. They do put heated screens on the Edge which is made in Canada however so clearly the US and UK Edge's get built alongside each other.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I don't want a quicker car but I do want a few more features / trim improvements. When you look at all the aftermarket trim improvements that are available there is clearly a market
Im sorry but there are plenty of cars out there with better interior, the Mustang is supposed to be a performance car for a reasonable price. I don't want the Mustang being turnt into another Audi TT

While the exhaust sound is now fixed, for a mid ÂŁ40k car it now needs to up its performance and start competing with say the BMW M2

Last edited:

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
So far all I'd change is the passenger door mirror!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I think they have made vast improvement between the 15-17 and 18-19, a few options which America gets and we don’t would be nice, don’t want them to put vast sums into it, as this would push up retail prices even further

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Yea the mustang could have better trim and they did address the sound with the refresh model but at the end of the day you getting a v8 with over 400 hp most other manufactures would charge 80 grand plus and most are now dropping to turbo v6 I saw an RS3 marked up in a dealer a few months ago for 69 grand admittedly did have a few options on it and that's just a 2.5 litre turbo and the base model is 45 grand
Sponsored