Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert
Evening all

So my GT Convertible was built last week!

So far, I've got the following bits in my Garage, awaiting it's arrival:

"GT" Decklid
Euro Sto-n-Sho

Now I'm thinking that some suitable additions would be:

Ford Performance Oil Separator
Steeda Clutch Spring
Steeda Convertible Lifting Rails
Redline Tuning Hood Strut Kit QuickLIFT PLUS
GT350 Shift Knob
GT350 Steering Wheel

Have I missed anything obvious?

The Steeda bits I can get from Steeda in the UK, I'm assuming that the other bits are from CJPP or Levittown Ford Parts?

Any recommendations in the Kent/Sussex area for some Stripes? Am thinking of 3M "Smouldering Red"

I've got about 10 weeks to amass the extras!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Verbal shitstorm below.

Extra's are totally your own call matey! I recently saw a shadow black with Candy red stripes that looked incredible that modurstang did.

You've missed an exhaust, which is recommended, engine dress up should you wish, gt350 start button to go with the other 350 things, maybe some red piping like my interior has to bring the red together.

There's small things like a boot pully, boot hangar, rear floor mats, etc that may become handy.

LED DRLs/LED conversion, deffo needed as the orange is HORRID. Someones selling the jacking rails in the classifieds section btw.

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I like my stubby antenna, and it was only $30 on Amazon.

What are the details on your car? I got black lug nuts to match the performance pack wheels, I also have the roush heat extractors waiting to go on. Thats it for easy and cheap though!

OP
OP

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Both

Yes [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION], I need a "tweaked" exhaust system (but I need to physically hear some 1st) as it's a lot of £££ to put on a few seconds worth of youtube video

Bits for the Boot are a good shout and were in the back of my mind, engine dressup too (test my painting skills!)

[MENTION=25943]robertwsimpson[/MENTION], I'm aware that Steeda do 'vert jacking rails, I'll correct my initial post. Do you have a link for the stubby antenna?

I'll need (I think) black wheel nuts to go with my black wheels (or maybe wait in case I change the wheels, I've got half an eye looking at some Velgen's VMB5/6/7/8/9.

It's a Shadow Black GT Convertible, with Sync III, Nav, Shaker Pro, Climate Seats and Reverse Sensors, but no Custom Pack - better put that in my Signature too :D

Sponsored

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Really don't care for the gt350 gear knob, much prefer a cueball style but each to their own I guess! Steeda do hoodstruts too. DRLs and interior led lights defo a good move, but knowing what I know now - exhaust backboxes would be top of the list, love the Roush tone:headbang:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Really don't care for the gt350 gear knob, much prefer a cueball style but each to their own I guess!
This ^^ :D
50 Years white cue ball.

I'd be blacking out my emblems too though if you've already got a GT decklid i'd assume that's chrome?

OP
OP

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I'll have to have a think about the Cueball as it's not really figured in my thoughts

Someone has produced some overlays for the GT badge:

picture.jpg

I think I might do that rather than cover them up completely. Similar items being looked at for the 5.0 too

Mike

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
Get some keyrings!

Those were my first mod and probably the most bang for buck at about £4 delivered from China!

Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
I'll have to have a think about the Cueball as it's not really figured in my thoughts

picture.jpg

I think I might do that rather than cover them up completely. Similar items being looked at for the 5.0 too

Mike
I like that. Any idea where from? I find badges for these to be VERY expensive.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(

picture.jpg

Mike

Where are they from?? I like those

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Thanks Both

Yes [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION], I need a "tweaked" exhaust system (but I need to physically hear some 1st) as it's a lot of £££ to put on a few seconds worth of youtube video

Bits for the Boot are a good shout and were in the back of my mind, engine dressup too (test my painting skills!)

[MENTION=25943]robertwsimpson[/MENTION], I'm aware that Steeda do 'vert jacking rails, I'll correct my initial post. Do you have a link for the stubby antenna?

I'll need (I think) black wheel nuts to go with my black wheels (or maybe wait in case I change the wheels, I've got half an eye looking at some Velgen's VMB5/6/7/8/9.

It's a Shadow Black GT Convertible, with Sync III, Nav, Shaker Pro, Climate Seats and Reverse Sensors, but no Custom Pack - better put that in my Signature too :D
I didn't know that steeda made convertible specific jacking rails! glad I stumbled upon this thread.

Stubby Antenna

Those GT overlays are made by a forum member I believe.

OP
OP

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Strut tower brace. I had a Steeda but took it off so Ford could access the wiring loom mod easier. Ford Racing GT 350 brace has just arrived so that's going on instead. Worth it on a convertible to tighten up the front end - at least I've convinced myself it does :)
Sponsored